The lost city of Choquequirao The Cradle of Gold

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gracias all………for me, the treasure is simply living in Ecuador…….my stay in the USSA has been a few months longer than planned, yet return is now a couple weeks away…….
As our wise old bird has said, there is something very special about the Andes and SA in general…..
Vaya con Dios

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting stuff Crow and others. If the old city Crow explored nicely is only excavated 20% who knows those mountains around it hold?

tintin teasure

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello TT This location as stated has flown under the radar and there could be many amazing discoveries at the site.

There is even plans to open up the site for mass tourism by constucting a massive cable car System to get to the site. In some respects it will be tragety for the site. However it would create jobs and increase capital to put back into conservation of site.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even preserved sites in SA are open to some exploration it would seem……much depends on who you know and how you phrase things……..
Staying under the radar would be the operative term though……

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Even preserved sites in SA are open to some exploration it would seem……much depends on who you know and how you phrase things……..
Staying under the radar would be the operative term though……

Exactly but it not as easy as it was in the past.Today never use that dirty word...Treasure hunter....

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our wise old black bird squaks wise words for us……..for those who are not familiar, it is critical to understand the culture of SA……no is not always a no..
Much depends on who you know and how you relate to people…..
While I cannot speak to the past, it's possibilities are much better than the USSA (or the EU).
It seems most of the rural areas are open to explore, the biggest issue would be local criminals.
Extreme caution should be exercised before venturing into ares with known narco activity…….personally, I think it best avoided as a gringo.

I believe there to be much opportunity in SA, there is much history that is either unknown or been hidden from humanity.
If nothing else, it is a wonderful experience to live in the culture, wonderful people, great food, awesome weather and beaches, and of course, beautiful women.
It would seem a prudent part of any exploration effort, to spend some time experiencing the culture and area before making final plans. Each location, each country is different to some degree, and you must be aware of these location specific differences.
Vaya con Dios mis amigos.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wise from our Doc amigo. Especially the senoritas.....As senoritas a treasure in it self.

Crow

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
For anyone interested in this subject, without the ability to visit the region, Across South America by Hiram Bingham paints quite a picture. He writes a number of pages on the cradle of gold.

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
For anyone interested in this subject, without the ability to visit the region, Across South America by Hiram Bingham paints quite a picture. He writes a number of pages on the cradle of gold.

Joe Ribaudo

Yes a book everyone who has interest in the Incas should have.....

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would seem that many of the Inca settlements remain undiscovered…….driving around Ecuador you can see evidence of ancient trails and buildings, all seemingly lost to memory…….waiting for discovery...

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah Doc ya I can see those haunting reminders of the past in already intoxicating you. I can see you will time go on incredible journey of discovery scaling you own personal Mt Everest.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Crow, ever since I arrived here 3 years ago, I have been enchanted with this country……..you are pretty much free here to explore and nobody will bother you for the most part……..the mountains are my favorite…….looking at the ancient trails, ruins and rivers……..not uncommon to see old caves along some roads also……
And yet it seems most people here are just concerned with living their lives as they have for ages…

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Si, Senor Crow…….my treasure is in Ecuador……and as I spend my time here I may even run across some treasures that will benefit me financially, God willing……
Little things, like reading, watching the crazy "Black Friday" crap in the states is foreign here……yes the malls have black Friday specials but the obscene behavior is absent………
How is the little black bird doing with mama Crow? Truly you have found your treasure in them……..
Vaya con Dios mi amigo…….

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Si, Senor Crow…….my treasure is in Ecuador……and as I spend my time here I may even run across some treasures that will benefit me financially, God willing……
Little things, like reading, watching the crazy "Black Friday" crap in the states is foreign here……yes the malls have black Friday specials but the obscene behavior is absent………
How is the little black bird doing with mama Crow? Truly you have found your treasure in them……..
Vaya con Dios mi amigo…….

They are going well. I have a full house at the moment. Of visitors and Hardluck and Kanacki and his wife. Little nick nack is sleeping like his dad like a log.

What is black Friday Specials?

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black Friday specials are sales they have just for black birds………just before Christmas…..what was years ago a day of low prices on a few items, has turned into a marketing and mind control shopping experience in the USSA…….

Happy to hear the new family is doing well……..God bless ya'll

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Is this the same lost city also called "Paititi".?

s2g,

I don't believe they are the same cities, although they could be.

Choquequirao is not legend, while Paititi is still unknown. Choquequirao was found and explored many years ago. The stories can be found in some of the books I have recommended in this topic.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread