Spanish commander francisco Pizarro and Inca Gold

legrand

Jul 28, 2008
"The legend begins in the 16th century, when the great Inca Empire in western South America was giving way to European invaders. Atahualpa was an Inca king who, after warring with his half-brother, Huáscar, for control of the empire, was captured at his palace in Cajamarca in modern-day Peru by Spanish commander Francisco Pizarro.
Pizarro agreed to release Atahualpa in return for a roomful of gold, but the Spaniard later reneged on the deal. He had the Inca king put to death before the last and largest part of the ransom had been delivered. Instead, the story goes, the gold was buried in a secret mountain cave. And there the legend has remained, daring others to prove it."

Question: Does anyone know anything about the whereabouts of the portion of gold that Pizarro took and got away with? Could it have made its way to the eastern seaboard of North America to be hidden?

Thank you.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything is possible......but how would such a large caravan be hidden from the many eyes that are often unseen in the fields and woods as they made their long trip to the coast and port.......
On a somewhat regular basis things are still being found in the mountains and jungles of SA.......including formerly unknown cities......the terrain is many times extremely difficult....

OP
OP
L

legrand

Jul 28, 2008
Thank you for responding. My research has evolved somewhat. Hernando Pizarro (brother to Francisco), sailed twice to Spain with the Royal Fifth and his own share of the Incan gold. My thought is that he stopped off on the North American seaboard, inhabited by local natives, and worked with them to protect a stash perhaps for his return some day? If you would like to become more involved in this research, please write me a PM and I'll give you my email address and we can correspond that way.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I found this quite interesting: Inca Treasure As Depicted by Spanish Historians, S.K. Lothrop (Los Angeles: The Southwest Museum, 1938; Reprinted 1964). See "The Loot of Cuzco."

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for responding. My research has evolved somewhat. Hernando Pizarro (brother to Francisco), sailed twice to Spain with the Royal Fifth and his own share of the Incan gold. My thought is that he stopped off on the North American seaboard, inhabited by local natives, and worked with them to protect a stash perhaps for his return some day? If you would like to become more involved in this research, please write me a PM and I'll give you my email address and we can correspond that way.

Hello Legrand A letter was written Hernando in 1533 on his voyage back to Spain, having been sent by his brother to seek favor for Francisco over his difficult partner,Diego de Almagro. Former friends Francisco Pizarro and Diego de Almagro had a fallout over the spoils of the conquest of Peru.

Francisco Pizarro and Diego Almagro had agreed to divide equally the benefits of the conquest of Peru. However, in 1526, King Charles I of Spain published the Capitulacion de Toledo" law, which stated the size of the different shares of the
wealth each conquistador was supposed to receive. Thus, when Pizarro kept a larger amount than Almagro, the latter felt cheated. Thus, Francisco Pizarro sent his brother Hernando to Spain to reassure the crown of having followed the King’s orders regarding the division of the spoils.

But Almagrego was perhaps not the only conquistador who felt cheated?

A good question was any there any treachery over the division of spoils. Yes at least in Almagrego eyes. He felt he as joint discover had an equal share? Yet it would be politically reckless for Pizzaro to have discrepancy in the total agreed weight in gold and silver recorded from the ransom especially trying to curry favor from the king in which in case granted him more in his favor?

Mal

OP
OP
L

legrand

Jul 28, 2008
Hello Legrand A letter was written Hernando in 1533 on his voyage back to Spain, having been sent by his brother to seek favor for Francisco over his difficult partner,Diego de Almagro. Former friends Francisco Pizarro and Diego de Almagro had a fallout over the spoils of the conquest of Peru.

Francisco Pizarro and Diego Almagro had agreed to divide equally the benefits of the conquest of Peru. However, in 1526, King Charles I of Spain published the Capitulacion de Toledo" law, which stated the size of the different shares of the
wealth each conquistador was supposed to receive. Thus, when Pizarro kept a larger amount than Almagro, the latter felt cheated. Thus, Francisco Pizarro sent his brother Hernando to Spain to reassure the crown of having followed the King’s orders regarding the division of the spoils.

But Almagrego was perhaps not the only conquistador who felt cheated?

A good question was any there any treachery over the division of spoils. Yes at least in Almagrego eyes. He felt he as joint discover had an equal share? Yet it would be politically reckless for Pizzaro to have discrepancy in the total agreed weight in gold and silver recorded from the ransom especially trying to curry favor from the king in which in case granted him more in his favor?

Mal

Mal...thank you for responding. My research is adjusted to suspect Sir Francis Drake and the Panama spoils being shipped to the eastern seaboard of North America. The John Hills Map of 1808 (Philadelphia) is actually a treasure map having imbued into the landscape the needed information for leading one to the area of the lower counties of Pennsylvania (now Delaware). This is a very potent treasure venture and no one listens it seems.

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola legrand

The problem I see your time frame between people events and places are just too vague?

Francis Drake own letters was I believe in the British national archives. His activities are very well known and documented. He was not pirate as such but a privateer to the english at least. To the Spanish of course he was considered a pirate.

How is 1808 map connected to Drake who died in 1596. Pennsylvania was only established in 1681. Why would Drake 55 year old national hero with no living relatives embezzle treasure from his patron Queen Elizabeth to hid a portion of Pizarro's wealth in the then wilds of early North America when the English had only a tentative toe hold in territory to begin with?

Perhaps you should be looking at the life of Sir Thomas Cavendish or Richard de Grenville? Thee are unfounded claims that Sir Thomas Cavendish hid an enormous Inca treasure before his death.

Mal

OP
OP
L

legrand

Jul 28, 2008
Hola legrand

The problem I see your time frame between people events and places are just too vague?

Francis Drake own letters was I believe in the British national archives. His activities are very well known and documented. He was not pirate as such but a privateer to the english at least. To the Spanish of course he was considered a pirate.

How is 1808 map connected to Drake who died in 1596. Pennsylvania was only established in 1681. Why would Drake 55 year old national hero with no living relatives embezzle treasure from his patron Queen Elizabeth to hid a portion of Pizarro's wealth in the then wilds of early North America when the English had only a tentative toe hold in territory to begin with?

Perhaps you should be looking at the life of Sir Thomas Cavendish or Richard de Grenville? Thee are unfounded claims that Sir Thomas Cavendish hid an enormous Inca treasure before his death.

Mal

Drake ... privateer for sure.
Theory suggests that Drake planned a future (colonization?) where he stashed the wealth in what is Delaware today. The secreted wealth was left with the local natives (Lenape) who traveled from the "Lower Counties" to what is today Philadelphia area. This wealth stash (secret) was then transferred to Penn/Pastorious (as a gift) from the ejected Lenape from Philadelphia. Hills was a Revolutionary British Officer and later "Loyalist" from Philadelphia (cartographer). In his grand map he created a treasure hunt missive.
The Incan treasure has been untouched for the entire time since it was hidden in the 16th century...it is still there today.
Seriously interested parties can contact me at [email protected] Be prepared to go to work.

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola legrand

Are you saying Drake himself visited the east coast of the United states? The first successful colony was James town in 1608 nearly 13 yeas after his death? have you found any historic documentation to support this hypothesis?

In what year this alleged visit take place?

Mal

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Legrand

Here is Francisco Pizarro sailing instructions about sending plundered Inca treasure back to Spain. There is no mention of any deviation to North America at least through the commands of Pizarro himself.

You can see for yourself below. His instructions was dictated and signed by him below.

ea0071_1_enlarge_725.Jpeg

Mal

Last edited:

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hola Legrand

Here is Francisco Pizarro sailing instructions about sending plundered Inca treasure back to Spain. There is no mention of any deviation to North America at least through the commands of Pizarro himself.

You can see for yourself below. His instructions was dictated and signed by him below.

View attachment 1570897

Mal
They have a great handwriting skill. Wish i could write like that

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well

SSM hhere are you ? I agree with you on thhand writing style, at times it is very difficult to translate e.

Last edited:

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigos

It should interesting to note originally there was 30 letters n the English Alphabet by the late 18th early 19h century they was reduced to 24. So in 17th, 16th, 15th and 14th century its not commence to find strange added letters. They are not codes but obsolete letters of the alphabet. But strange enough one letter has been having a comeback the letter &

Mal

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hola amigos

It should interesting to note originally there was 30 letters n the English Alphabet by the late 18th early 19h century they was reduced to 24. So in 17th, 16th, 15th and 14th century its not commence to find strange added letters. They are not codes but obsolete letters of the alphabet. But strange enough one letter has been having a comeback the letter &

Mal
Hola SSM.

I had a meeting with our amigo crow not long ago. I was interrested to hear this also from him. Its was a suprise but now i can see the errors in others ways of secrete codes and symbols in old documents.

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Amigo Marticus

Viejo cuervo is a very elusive creature amigo. He must hold you amigo in high esteem? As its not everyday he emerges from the shadows.

They say Viejo cuervo only comes out play when he thinks some thing might be worth while? Usually after picking a story down to its bare bones and if there is still meat on it. Viejo cuervo will pick away at it.

Working with him is always a little adventure in itself.

A true scavenger of history.

Mal

May 7, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drake ... privateer for sure.
Theory suggests that Drake planned a future (colonization?) where he stashed the wealth in what is Delaware today. The secreted wealth was left with the local natives (Lenape) who traveled from the "Lower Counties" to what is today Philadelphia area. This wealth stash (secret) was then transferred to Penn/Pastorious (as a gift) from the ejected Lenape from Philadelphia. Hills was a Revolutionary British Officer and later "Loyalist" from Philadelphia (cartographer). In his grand map he created a treasure hunt missive.
The Incan treasure has been untouched for the entire time since it was hidden in the 16th century...it is still there today.
Seriously interested parties can contact me at [email protected] Be prepared to go to work.

Really...? No takers?

eski karga?

Last edited:

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Hola Amigo Marticus

Viejo cuervo is a very elusive creature amigo. He must hold you amigo in high esteem? As its not everyday he emerges from the shadows.

They say Viejo cuervo only comes out play when he thinks some thing might be worth while? Usually after picking a story down to its bare bones and if there is still meat on it. Viejo cuervo will pick away at it.

Working with him is always a little adventure in itself.

A true scavenger of history.

Mal

Speaking of those gentlemen...
Has anyone heard from Crow or any of the other “seekers of history” from the unholy trio lately? Are they currently/actively seeking out and/or working on something incredible at the moment and that’s why we haven’t heard a peep from them recently (not that we’ll ever hear about what it was they “may” have been looking for anyway!)?

Or have they decided to finally take a little time off, do a bit of traveling here & there, and otherwise (semi)retire to a secluded beach on some far away island somewhere while living off the spoils from their past adventures?

Either way, does anyone know if they’re ever planning on checking back in with those of us here on Tnet who’ve always enjoyed their stories anytime soon & sharing some new “yarns”??
How about the lovely Amy, for that matter?

-Justin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread