Lost City of Paititi....................The greatest treasure hunt of our lifetime.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
loa, ok the 8lb nugget at 42% - why so low, rock inclusion?
how recovered, total amount?
and and.....

apart from any treasure yet recovered, your journals are an unrealized asset
why was the placer book not published?

smuggling, the unrecognized aspect of treasure hunting

edit: use photochop to colorize the nugget

Last edited:

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
My response to Patiti and the Jesuits may not be well recieved. And I apologize for that upfront. I will begin by saying that I dont think you will find anyone who has real knowledge and hands on experience with ancient mining techniques, what was considered rich, how they were worked etc, is out there looking for any legendary lost mines. If you have additional background in geology and how mineralized structures are formed, again I doubt you will be looking for them. First off, with few exceptions,noone abandons a valuable workable deposit. Almost all are worked out, then you ad flooding ,caving etc. and the probabilities become extremely remote. There are a variety of reasons to search for a lost treasure per se. It can be the dream of being the one single person that figured it out. It can for historical or archeological documentation. And those motives are worthwhile and fullfilling. But if one is searching for these things for monetary gain, I think it will be a big disappointment. I see so many people on these threads looking for something that is absolutely worthless. I will not name these projects. I have also seen self proclaimed Indiana Jones types, giving seminars to paying customers ,about the treasures they have found, and of course they have nothing in hand to show, only to ultimately tell the listener how they found the site. The same goes for those who are searching for lost mines and treasures following information connected with Jesuits . On this website there are hundreds of comments speculating on their involvement , And here in Mexico, their activities are well documented. Most all of their missions are still standing. Books have been written by literary investigative academics who have researched their history and activities in the New World specifically. And nothing so far gives us any clue or indication that at least for me, it will lead me to some worthwhile end. There is no doubt of their involvement in mining ,and many of the locations, the production , even the extraction processes are documented. With nothing out of the ordinary that would suggest anything more special that any other project. They speak of struggle, disease, austerity, barely being able to meet tax quotas. Then there are these few isolated cases of the one mine that was the richest, comparatively richer than the others is my guess. And in every case it is the one that has no records, the one that cant be found. Until ,someone or something happens to finally solve this Jesuit mystery that will unlock the puzzle and give us access to untold wealth,I think it is longshot. Again ,I have yet to see any evidence that it could be worthwhile to search for lost worked out mines. Which Paititi definitely is. For me, a treasure has to fit a certain criteria. Essentially meaning that I have to be convinced that it can be found, and what is found ,has to have been worth my time. It has to be tangible ,three dimensional. If the preliminary data available does not offer that information or as the least allow me the be able to fill in the blanks,well I feel Im wasting my time. What this does ,unfortunately, is reduce the amount of findable treasures dramatically- But also improves the chances of success dramatically as well. In closing ,I would never discourage anyone to give up their search for their respective targets. For many ,I see just that fuels them and gives them satisfaction and validation. Ihope we all find what we are looking for.

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
Sorry about photo quality. Not taken by me, taken at an old school assay lab. 42% is due to the quartz. The vein up hill was found an ran approx the same values. I rarely post,and soon hope to be out in the field, this next project will take months. No real time for a thread, I honestly dont have that much to offer. And I struggle with this computer. If you need help with anything email me.

OP
OP
P

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
loa
a drop dead post, totally interesting to me at least
many topics I would like to pursue, want to start your own thread?
Phil seems done with this one but seems off topic

there is one overriding observation based on this site:
if one wants to see and learn different things, ya got to get out and do it
- a huge selection process right there

Oh, I'm not done with researching Paititi.............Just the Jesuit angle. And feel free to post about other topics. Everything is welcomed!

OP
OP
P

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My response to Patiti and the Jesuits may not be well recieved. And I apologize for that upfront. I will begin by saying that I dont think you will find anyone who has real knowledge and hands on experience with ancient mining techniques, what was considered rich, how they were worked etc, is out there looking for any legendary lost mines. If you have additional background in geology and how mineralized structures are formed, again I doubt you will be looking for them. First off, with few exceptions,noone abandons a valuable workable deposit. Almost all are worked out, then you ad flooding ,caving etc. and the probabilities become extremely remote. There are a variety of reasons to search for a lost treasure per se. It can be the dream of being the one single person that figured it out. It can for historical or archeological documentation. And those motives are worthwhile and fullfilling. But if one is searching for these things for monetary gain, I think it will be a big disappointment. I see so many people on these threads looking for something that is absolutely worthless. I will not name these projects. I have also seen self proclaimed Indiana Jones types, giving seminars to paying customers ,about the treasures they have found, and of course they have nothing in hand to show, only to ultimately tell the listener how they found the site. The same goes for those who are searching for lost mines and treasures following information connected with Jesuits . On this website there are hundreds of comments speculating on their involvement , And here in Mexico, their activities are well documented. Most all of their missions are still standing. Books have been written by literary investigative academics who have researched their history and activities in the New World specifically. And nothing so far gives us any clue or indication that at least for me, it will lead me to some worthwhile end. There is no doubt of their involvement in mining ,and many of the locations, the production , even the extraction processes are documented. With nothing out of the ordinary that would suggest anything more special that any other project. They speak of struggle, disease, austerity, barely being able to meet tax quotas. Then there are these few isolated cases of the one mine that was the richest, comparatively richer than the others is my guess. And in every case it is the one that has no records, the one that cant be found. Until ,someone or something happens to finally solve this Jesuit mystery that will unlock the puzzle and give us access to untold wealth,I think it is longshot. Again ,I have yet to see any evidence that it could be worthwhile to search for lost worked out mines. Which Paititi definitely is. For me, a treasure has to fit a certain criteria. Essentially meaning that I have to be convinced that it can be found, and what is found ,has to have been worth my time. It has to be tangible ,three dimensional. If the preliminary data available does not offer that information or as the least allow me the be able to fill in the blanks,well I feel Im wasting my time. What this does ,unfortunately, is reduce the amount of findable treasures dramatically- But also improves the chances of success dramatically as well. In closing ,I would never discourage anyone to give up their search for their respective targets. For many ,I see just that fuels them and gives them satisfaction and validation. Ihope we all find what we are looking for.

I reached the same conclusions about the Jesuits.

As for lost Incan gold, we are talking about the largest empire in the Americas, who built cities like Machu Picchu, an extensive network of paved roads with suspension bridges, and who created a central government for over 10 million people. And yet, historians want us to believe they did not have a written record, but rather, a bunch of knots in strings of different colors? I don't buy it.

My theory is, the history of the Incan empire was documented on plates similar to the Mayans, and the history of the Incan empire was buried in a cave (or mine) in 1533 by General Ruminahui. If correct, it is not a "treasure", but rather, the history of an entire people lost to time that needs to be in a museum.

And if a person locates a mineable deposit while searching for the "treasure", all the better.

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
Thanks Phil for the response and enlightning me on your viewpoint. I hope to read one day that you made this discovery .

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we are equal
what are the Mayan gold plates?

In 1904, a guy named Edward Herbert Thompson dredged a cenote and found carved jade, tools, gold ornaments, copper axes, and most importantly, 29 gold plates decorated with images of warfare and sacrifice, as well as a plate that shows bearded Toltecs.

There are other stories of gold plates, but most are from mormons claiming they are proof Aztecs were in Utah 1000's of years ago so those claims are as reliable as gas station sushi. LOL

OP
OP
P

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Phil for the response and enlightning me on your viewpoint. I hope to read one day that you made this discovery .

We are just beginning to look at expanding our operation and although Central America probably has the richest ground, the political environment is too volatile for our tastes. Thus, we are thinking South America is the future for gold mining.

Our focus right now is on Peru and Ecuador, and are willing to invest the time and money to find a good project. Albeit, my passion is looking for lost history so Paititi is something I am interested in searching for.

You mentioned finding profitable opportunities in the Altiplano of Peru,but very difficult on many levels and very expensive to startup. Are the challenges permitting, remoteness, or danger from illegal miners / loggers / drugs?

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
[FONT=&quot]I difficulties I was refering to concern permiting. and time constraints especially for the small and medium size operations. I wonder if you could tell me exactly what kind of project ,deposit ,your group are looking for . Every detail, and maybe I could throw out some ideas. Here I will list my personal ranking for mining investment, considering all factors- [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. Chile ,least corrupt, mining friendly[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Mexico, least corrupt, a lot of opportunities for medium operations, easily reached from the US. Over 200 foreign companies operating. Least cultural adjustments.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Brazil , many opportunities, with a wide array of commodities. If language is not a problem. You can find extremely rich deposits. Some areas with great infrastructure, others with a frontier feel.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Colombia, great people, democratic and stable. Some great gold opportunities and other minerals as well. Depending on the area some projects are not difficult at all to get going. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.Peru, if you are a medium to a large mining company and go through proper channels it seems everything flows along just fine. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. Ecuador ,has become Americanized, therefore many foreigners feel safer and that things will flow easier. They use the dollar as acceptable currency. A lot to explore. However I have been contacted by half a dozen people who went to Ecuador( I did not send them) and gave up, lost money, ran out of time.etc. and ask me what went wrong. Its hard to tell them they werent prepared, In all of these countries you must understand the culture and be fluent in the language.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. Bolivia, I like Bolivia and think its stable enough to invest and there are projects that will make you money, People are low key, similar to Peru. Permitting was not difficult.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8. Guyana, essentially placer opportunities, english speaking, British formality in the offices, welcomes investment, Many Canadian people with projects there. Give the impression of transparency and little corruption. Also a sense of strictness.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iguess this is enough, if you want to know more let me know,In a nutshell I would choose Mexico for a gold project ,ore body drilled 25000 ounces and up Au and many silver projects and mine. Guyana for dredging, gold and diamonds. Bolivia for silver ,and gold and because I just like it. Remember this is just my opinion.[/FONT]

OP
OP
P

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been reading about multiple projects that have been cancelled or delayed because of protests by locals. Yet, very little is written about why they oppose mining.

Are they like environmentalists in the United States who oppose everything? Or is there a compromise that can be found with them?

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
I atribute it to several factors. 1. Indigenous peoples in many areas historically have been exploited originally as slaves in the mines, and not recieving any benefit financial or otherwise from mining. 2. For a long time they were indifferent about their land, and as a rule their consideration for environment and non renewable resources in terms of destruction was nothing better although usually on a smaller scale than the scars that open pit and underground mining caused. 3. Today through mass communication and conservation groups they are being informed of their rightful ownership and voice and whether justified or not ,are seeming to enjoy this voice and newfound power. Sometimes unjustifiably so. 4. Additionally there is a phenomon in these cultures called Ladino mentality, a streak of stubbornness that overides common sense and rational. As they frequently enjoy saying in Spanish, Tu perdida es mi ganancia. Which translates as ´. your loss is my gain ,or win. Many, to their way of thinking ,prefer to walk away from an rewarding opportunity not gaining anything at all ,just for the staisfaction to see that you did not gain anything. Centuries of feeling oppressed and finally having this decision making power over wealth and big mining. They frequently enjoy waiting until the company has invested millions only to find a loophole in the agreement to have everything shut down. Its a combination of all of the above. --------Learn as much as possible about the people and their feelings beforehand, meet them on their level, because once they have trust in you they wont go back on their word. Just keep yours. Get airtight agreements, with rural agrarian or mining laywers preferably from their background. And keep your word.

Last edited:

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
a very positive approach loa, what is needed
but I have had limited success with agreements with Indigenous
I believe their time sense differs, long-term is difficult

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
You are not always going to win. Ultimately they will have the last word. If one senses difficulty or conflict down the road,I suggest to move on and look elsewhere. If it is gold you are after there are 100´s of spots to choose. It takes a lot of effort to understand the psyche of a people not moved or motivated by material wealth. Its a valuable learning experience.

Megantoni

Jan 1, 2021
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Hola amigo Kanacki,

My view of it is as follows:

With Thierry there is always drama and intrigue. When one of the "Paititi" incursions he made resulted in problems with the authorities, the Machu Picchu Pachacuti Inca treasure was seen as a way to regain standing via some big find. When that was stymied, the "Momias de Nazca" became the next tool.

Best wishes,
Greg Deyermenjian / "Megantoni"

OP
OP
P

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are not always going to win. Ultimately they will have the last word. If one senses difficulty or conflict down the road,I suggest to move on and look elsewhere. If it is gold you are after there are 100´s of spots to choose. It takes a lot of effort to understand the psyche of a people not moved or motivated by material wealth. Its a valuable learning experience.

Sounds like they have been screwed over too many times and don't trust foreigners. Would it be accurate to say it will take investing money into the community upfront to prove intentions are sincere and establish trust?

Or would they see that as an attempt to bribe them?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread