Lost City of Paititi....................The greatest treasure hunt of our lifetime.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday amigos nothing is inevitable but just potential problems that could arise.

Depending where you are in the Andes some people see through as if ya ghosts. Their perception of the world is very different. From western line of thinking we are programmed time is money attitude and have in general an aspirational out look on the world. Most of these have a very simplistic way of life without the aspirations to get rich. Most work to live not live to work. However in the last 50 years the concept of ownership has been more ingrained in indigenous communities and sense of entitlement. There is a deep seated resentment of seeing westerners profit from what they consider theirs.

While these days media focus has been on us evil white guys seeking to exploit the vulnerable native. Its not always the case. Some times the case is in reverse. But that never gets reported in the media. To even suggest such thing you will get the race card pulled....

And it does get exploited, Boy does it get exploited.

For example many years ago I will drilling in north west Queensland in the gulf of Carpentaria. At a site east of Mount Isa. The mining exploration lease was held by a MIM sold it for a dollar to another mining company. Well the lease was on an old cattle farmstead called Lawn hill station. Under ratification under the native title act the huge property was giving back to the Waanyi people of the region. Well they protested and squealed that us evil white people colonizers have given them back worthless land that they had no cultural ties with. That was their words....

One week after protests in mount Isa that they had complained they had a dud deal and did not want the Lawn Hill property. News come out of the discovery of the worlds biggest lead zinc deposits on the lawn hill property. With in one week the protests shifted from crying worthless dud deal by evil guys to "sacred site" being chanted by the mob.

It was one of most pathetic hypocritical back flips I ever saw. As miners you have to be aware that even some indigenous people will exploit the situation if they think they can get some thing out of it. While its in everyone's interest to see the local population benefit from such projects there is always some one who misses out wgo feel entitled.

lawn Hill and Riversleigh, two iconic pastoral properties with great meaning to the people of the Gulf, were acquired during the 1990s to enable development of Century.

A key provision of the Gulf Communities Agreement (GCA) was that these pastoral properties would be joined to form the Lawn Hill Riversleigh Pastoral Holding Company (LRHPHC). Ownership of these properties was also to be progressively transferred to the Traditional Owners of Country, the Waanyi people.

The formation of Lawn Hill and Riversleigh created a 539,000-hectare pastoral property – a property with great potential for the Waanyi people and the region.
When New Century Resources acquired Century from its previous owners, the Waanyi people owned 51% of the company with Century retaining the remaining 49%.
In 2020, New Century finalised arrangements to transfer full ownership of the Pastoral Company to the Waanyi People, achieving a long-held ambition of the people of the Gulf Communities.

This is why some large mining projects takes years to develop. Century zinc had a 16 year open cut mine producing life and pumped heaps on money into region improving port infrastructure providing mining construction transport hospitality jobs. And employed and trained many indigenous people into well paying jobs. Money went to local cultural grants education. housing schools and infrastructure. As well a as income for the country.

Even thou its closed at present its in the process of being reopened for leach mining until 2050.

If you are into large scale commercial mining you have to have a long term vision for project. But the stark reality some projects will eventuate and others will flounder. Size and scope does not matter. Each project has its own unique set of problems to resolve.

In new guinea The Trio had interests in Nautilus Minerals, one of the world's first seafloor miners, after obtaining all the permits environment assessments building and designing deep see equipment equipment. the company was hampered by continued legal challenges by environmental groups as well as people hoping to get their finger in the pie. The lawsuits constantly hampered getting the company to start producing. Compounded as by direct interference from China. They reneged on a deal of specially designed mother ship. The hold up was catastrophic for the company. Finally the major backer pulled out because of pressure indirectly on another deal with china.

Nautilus Minerals, one of the world's first seafloor miners, officially, its court-appointed monitor, Price Waterhouse Cooper reported. ... In August 2019, court approval was obtained for creditors to liquidate the company to get back a fraction of what they were owed.

Solwara 1 and its former parent Nautilus Minerals Inc. (in liquidation) have been successfully restructured and acquired by DSMF in the course of 2019. DSMF now has full ownership of interests and rights to Solwara 1, key assets, intellectual property, and subsidiaries and is well positioned to progress Solwara 1 into commercial production.

1.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

We have treated our investment as a loss so we elected to be shareholders in Deep Sea Mining Finance Limited (“DSMF”) is a privately owned group aiming to become the first in the world to mine Seafloor Massive Sulphide (“SMS”) deposits commercially, starting with its high grade copper-gold Solwara 1 project (“Solwara 1”) in the territorial waters of Papua New Guinea (“PNG”). DSMF is a joint venture between international holding group “USM Holdings Limited” and Sultanate of Oman group “MB Holding Company LLC”.

However we shall see if this new company Deep Sea Mining Finance Limited can resurrect the project. What was frustrating was we did not get to if these underwater robotic mining machines actually worked.

So we took a very big loss in which I am not ashamed to say it hurt. But one thing the trio has done diversified risk by having a small part in many projects. Some will fail others with prosper.

There is much wisdom in not keeping all of ones eggs in the same basket.

Crow

Last edited:

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
It looks like you have convinced yourself. I dont think you will ever be happy and relaxed working anywhere in Latin America. Its definitely not for everyone.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Phil

I should add there is broad spectrum of scale when it comes to mining. From small one man operations to small partnership to small mining companies to medium exploration companies to large mega I thin corporations.

I am assuming your interests lies some where between small one man operations to small partnership to small mining companies? I think if you have an interest in such a project you might be better of visiting those places and see for yourself as a fact finding mission

I heard there was a small operation along Urabamba river using a small mini dredge looking for an investor partner?

So there are opportunities are there.

But you have to be realistic in setting your goals.

Crow

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigo Kanacki,

My view of it is as follows:

With Thierry there is always drama and intrigue. When one of the "Paititi" incursions he made resulted in problems with the authorities, the Machu Picchu Pachacuti Inca treasure was seen as a way to regain standing via some big find. When that was stymied, the "Momias de Nazca" became the next tool.

Best wishes,
Greg Deyermenjian / "Megantoni"

Hola Amigo

Thanks for the candid and diplomatic reply. I suspect he has tendency to procrastinate in public assumptions as evidence.

Petroglyphs of Pusharo while an amazing it is all too easy to make any interpretation you want. I have an interest in them as they are I try not to make assumptions about them. There is some amazing rock art in Bolivia also.

Like the ones below.

21.JPG

22.JPG

Kanacki

OP
OP
P

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Crow,

Truth is, the pandemic made me aware of my own mortality, so I have been reflecting on life, goals, and dreams. Everyone goes through this process, and some guys buy a Corvette, others trade in the wife for a younger model. For me, throwing on the pack and going for a long hike to find a piece of history is my passion and dream.

The political and economic situation in the U.S. is also very concerning. At best, the country I grew up in no longer exists, and it is transforming into something unrecognizable. At worst, there is going to be a major depression and eventually a Civil War. Either way, I feel a strong need to get out of here soon.

Our permits expire in December of this year, the current administration has already indicated they are going to make it virtually impossible to mine in the U.S., so I doubt they are going to be renewed. So...........Change is coming one way or the other.

My interest in Paititi began back in 2002 when the letter from Father Lopez was discovered in the Vatican archives, and my dream is to look for it while the wife and I are still healthy. However, things like "reality" and "responsibility" always jump in and screws up those plans, so I began thinking of ways to reconcile the dream of looking for Paititi and the responsibility of working and making an income.

God blessed me with a tremendous amount of tenacity and conviction, so I have no doubt I can make both work simultaneously. Albeit, one of my biggest weaknesses is just because I can make something work, I don't always stop and ask if I should make it work.

The replies from you, Kanacki, Bill, and lilorphanannie have been invaluable in that the constructive criticism has forced me to do a reality check and focus on what I want to accomplish

So to answer your question.............I do not know. If we pursue a project in Peru or Ecuador, it will be a lode project of medium size because that is what I know. Conversely, we cannot afford to lose the investment so the concerns I wrote about above are a major consideration. On the other hand, what I want to do is buy a fleet of autonomous drones with lidar, and map out the area where I believe Paititi is.

In time, God will show us the answer.

What I do know for certain, is the wife can hit center mass at 50 yards............So I won't be trading her in on a younger model. LOL

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
[FONT=&quot]Hi Phil, I have listened carefully to your predicament. I agree with everything you have said. I will go a little further to say that I agree but everything at least for me is not as dire ,as extreme as it appears to be for you. I think to do these projects you need an Indiana Jones gene in your DNA. It is also an asset I think, to have the personality type as not to take everything so seriously. Ironically, for me ,my experiences in Latin America have been just the opposite of those you describe. And I probably dont posess half of the skills that you do. Regardless ,of what you eventually decide ,I just want you to know that you can accomplish your dream of mining and then financing your exploration for Paititi. .............If I have not missed anything in your posts, my suggestion ,is to take a look at Ecuador, in the area around Zaruma, to find a medium lode project. Ideally to partner up with an Ecuadorian national ,to upgrade production, a project that has been in production that is stable in all aspects. I would look for a project that will require about half of your investment and grow from there. Approaching it this way will buffer the assimilation process from many angles . Additionally there is a strong Expat community in Ecuador that also can ease the adjustment. And Ecuador is a small country ,getting to Paititi is might be even closer than from many places in Peru itself. Lastly ,it would be valuable to have someone on your team with real time in these countries to help your understanding.There are good prople out there. ............. Again, this is just my opinion, I could be some crazy guy whose never mined,but in all honesty, it is my desire to help, as the others are also doing.[/FONT]

OP
OP
P

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi lilorphanannie

A close friend (Grew up in Mexico and lived in Hawaii for several years) calls me a "grero howly" every time I speak Spanish. LOL My Spanish might suck, but I'm not worried about assimilating.

As for Ecuador, if Perez wins next month, he represents indigenous people and is extremely anti-mining. If Arauz wins, he is not opposed to mining per se, but has said he will require mining companies to address the concerns of indiginous communities, which will destroy the mining industry.

Also took you advise and have been looking into Sonora. Read about protests last year after Grupo MĂ©xico dumped 3000 liters of acid in the Sea of Cortez. They didn't want an to end mining, but rather, protested the company and want Mexico to kick them out of the country. Also read about the union strike in 2014 because they brought in workers from out of the area. That is exactly what I have been looking for..........People who demand responsible mining, and want to be paid accordingly. I would demand nothing less myself. The only downside is Mexico is not issuing new concessions.

As I understand it, when a concession is sold, it requires all of the environmental reviews be completed, and therefore, mining can begin immediately. Is this accurate?

Also, are you aware of any claims for sale in that area not publicly listed?

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gidday amigos nothing is inevitable but just potential problems that could arise.

Depending where you are in the Andes some people see through as if ya ghosts. Their perception of the world is very different. From western line of thinking we are programmed time is money attitude and have in general an aspirational out look on the world. Most of these have a very simplistic way of life without the aspirations to get rich. Most work to live not live to work. However in the last 50 years the concept of ownership has been more ingrained in indigenous communities and sense of entitlement. There is a deep seated resentment of seeing westerners profit from what they consider theirs.

While these days media focus has been on us evil white guys seeking to exploit the vulnerable native. Its not always the case. Some times the case is in reverse. But that never gets reported in the media. To even suggest such thing you will get the race card pulled....

And it does get exploited, Boy does it get exploited.

For example many years ago I will drilling in north west Queensland in the gulf of Carpentaria. At a site east of Mount Isa. The mining exploration lease was held by a MIM sold it for a dollar to another mining company. Well the lease was on an old cattle farmstead called Lawn hill station. Under ratification under the native title act the huge property was giving back to the Waanyi people of the region. Well they protested and squealed that us evil white people colonizers have given them back worthless land that they had no cultural ties with. That was their words....

One week after protests in mount Isa that they had complained they had a dud deal and did not want the Lawn Hill property. News come out of the discovery of the worlds biggest lead zinc deposits on the lawn hill property. With in one week the protests shifted from crying worthless dud deal by evil guys to "sacred site" being chanted by the mob.

It was one of most pathetic hypocritical back flips I ever saw. As miners you have to be aware that even some indigenous people will exploit the situation if they think they can get some thing out of it. While its in everyone's interest to see the local population benefit from such projects there is always some one who misses out wgo feel entitled.

lawn Hill and Riversleigh, two iconic pastoral properties with great meaning to the people of the Gulf, were acquired during the 1990s to enable development of Century.

A key provision of the Gulf Communities Agreement (GCA) was that these pastoral properties would be joined to form the Lawn Hill Riversleigh Pastoral Holding Company (LRHPHC). Ownership of these properties was also to be progressively transferred to the Traditional Owners of Country, the Waanyi people.

The formation of Lawn Hill and Riversleigh created a 539,000-hectare pastoral property – a property with great potential for the Waanyi people and the region.
When New Century Resources acquired Century from its previous owners, the Waanyi people owned 51% of the company with Century retaining the remaining 49%.
In 2020, New Century finalised arrangements to transfer full ownership of the Pastoral Company to the Waanyi People, achieving a long-held ambition of the people of the Gulf Communities.

This is why some large mining projects takes years to develop. Century zinc had a 16 year open cut mine producing life and pumped heaps on money into region improving port infrastructure providing mining construction transport hospitality jobs. And employed and trained many indigenous people into well paying jobs. Money went to local cultural grants education. housing schools and infrastructure. As well a as income for the country.

Even thou its closed at present its in the process of being reopened for leach mining until 2050.

If you are into large scale commercial mining you have to have a long term vision for project. But the stark reality some projects will eventuate and others will flounder. Size and scope does not matter. Each project has its own unique set of problems to resolve.

In new guinea The Trio had interests in Nautilus Minerals, one of the world's first seafloor miners, after obtaining all the permits environment assessments building and designing deep see equipment equipment. the company was hampered by continued legal challenges by environmental groups as well as people hoping to get their finger in the pie. The lawsuits constantly hampered getting the company to start producing. Compounded as by direct interference from China. They reneged on a deal of specially designed mother ship. The hold up was catastrophic for the company. Finally the major backer pulled out because of pressure indirectly on another deal with china.

Nautilus Minerals, one of the world's first seafloor miners, officially, its court-appointed monitor, Price Waterhouse Cooper reported. ... In August 2019, court approval was obtained for creditors to liquidate the company to get back a fraction of what they were owed.

Solwara 1 and its former parent Nautilus Minerals Inc. (in liquidation) have been successfully restructured and acquired by DSMF in the course of 2019. DSMF now has full ownership of interests and rights to Solwara 1, key assets, intellectual property, and subsidiaries and is well positioned to progress Solwara 1 into commercial production.

View attachment 1909539

View attachment 1909540

View attachment 1909541

We have treated our investment as a loss so we elected to be shareholders in Deep Sea Mining Finance Limited (“DSMF”) is a privately owned group aiming to become the first in the world to mine Seafloor Massive Sulphide (“SMS”) deposits commercially, starting with its high grade copper-gold Solwara 1 project (“Solwara 1”) in the territorial waters of Papua New Guinea (“PNG”). DSMF is a joint venture between international holding group “USM Holdings Limited” and Sultanate of Oman group “MB Holding Company LLC”.

However we shall see if this new company Deep Sea Mining Finance Limited can resurrect the project. What was frustrating was we did not get to if these underwater robotic mining machines actually worked.

So we took a very big loss in which I am not ashamed to say it hurt. But one thing the trio has done diversified risk by having a small part in many projects. Some will fail others with prosper.

There is much wisdom in not keeping all of ones eggs in the same basket.

Crow

Hola Crow my fine feathered friend. Indeed the project is no dead yet. We just hope all those involved will persevere. This mining operation with break the strangled hold of Chinese on rare earth minerals. Second provide enough rare earth materials for batteries wind turbines and the technology to drive the global economy into a future without petrol chemicals.

Weather we see the benefits in our life time I am not sure? Having capital in it will give our future generation of decedents some thing positive to look for..

As the world become technologically advance. Hell we have seen this in our own life times. I have seen islanders once living in grass huts now googling on their Iphones the world is changing quicker than ever. The demand for rare earth minerals and lithium cobalt, copper, titanium is only going to grow. Even now countries are seeking to make sure they have enough supply for their future growth.

I hope I will one day amigos see these babies at work creating prosperity for the globe. So even with the doom and gloom around I see opportunities for a future.

Kanacki

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
[FONT=&quot]The acid spill has nothing to do with mining, It was a 3000 liter container of sulfuric acid ,that was destined for Grupo Mexico. Grupo Mexico is a conglomerate owner by Carlos Slim. One of the divisions in the conglomerate is mining which they do on a world level and do very well. The container was offloaded from a ship and sprung a leakwhile on the dock and the contents drained into the water.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In the state of Sonora at this moment there are 24 large scale metallic mines in operation. There are at this moment 59 foreign companies exploring in that state. Of the 59 ,28 have projects in advanced stages of exploration. There are possibly 50 more smaller mines in operation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yes ,there are claims for sale that are not publicly listed, dozens. When I was active ,I instructed my clients to never buy a claim outright. You option a claim first. If you are good at prospecting and historical research you can find your own property . [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My work for the last 20 years has been as a mining consultant. I have set up and put into production three mining projects here in Mexico two in Sonora, all extremely successful. I have made it my lifes work, and have explored over 150 mines,and written on book on mineral deposits of Mexico.There are billion dollar in ground values deposits here that are unclaimed. I have claimed 7 properties, and represented dozens of clients directly and about 200 indirectly. I feel that I know this country as far as mining opportunities go. I have worked for some of the top economic geologists in the world and learned from them. Noone has had legal difficulties with their projects. I know of no project shut down for community conflicts. There have been projects in the south meaning Oaxaca and Chiapas that couldnt get community approval. Just a little background for what its worth.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sonora ,is in my opinion the most competative region for mining projects in all of Latin America, Therefore the receptitivy is first class,as well as the services provided. But there is a lot of competition. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There are a series of steps required to begin mining depending on the type of project, one of those is approval from SEMARNAT, if working underground permitting is easy, but getting explosives takes time and approval from the military, there are ways to speed this up. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Also there are state of the art milling and smelting plants available to buy, and dozens of mines and ore dumps to keep you busy for years.[/FONT]

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
loa, a single perspective seldom shows the whole view
there are other reports on undersea mining not so glowing
but at the bottom of the ocean who will see it?
for now the battle seems to be over who gets the money, same as ever

the governments just won't stay bought

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
loa, a single perspective seldom shows the whole view
there are other reports on undersea mining not so glowing
but at the bottom of the ocean who will see it?
for now the battle seems to be over who gets the money, same as ever

the governments just won't stay bought

Hola amigo

That may be the case but the ugly reality is population growth and demand for renewable energy over traditional energy methods and growth of technology is growing. Demands on those minerals are increasing and land based deposits are becoming exhausted. So the hard decision is there for the making.

If the worlds environmentalists are serious about lowering the carbon footprint now is the time to make serious decisions in such matters. Because population growth and demand is not going away. wind turbines. fuel cells, electric batteries do not magically appear.

Petrol driven cars will go the way of steam trains they replaced like the horse and carriage was replaced by steam trains. Electric or hydrogen fuel cells vehicles in the coming century will replace Petrol driven cars. Even aircraft and ships will go that way.There is regardless of if we like it or not there will be more digital electronic technology in our lives more than ever. And the reality it is growing.

As for who gets the money? People who are savvy to bother to invest either through their own efforts or through pension funds and those who push to develop these projects to meet the growing demands..

In 2020 Asia’s GDP will overtake the GDP of the rest of the world combined. By 2030, the region is expected to contribute roughly 60% of global growth. Asia-Pacific will also be responsible for the overwhelming majority (90%) of the 2.4 billion new members of the middle class entering the global economy.

The bulk of that growth will come from the developing markets of China, India and throughout South-East Asia and it will give rise to a host of new decisions for businesses, governments and NGOs. The pressure will be on them to guide Asia’s development in a way that is equitable and designed to solve a host of social and economic problems.

Kanacki.

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hola amigo

That may be the case but the ugly reality is population growth and demand for renewable energy over traditional energy methods and growth of technology is growing. Demands on those minerals are increasing and land based deposits are becoming exhausted. So the hard decision is there for the making.

If the worlds environmentalists are serious about lowering the carbon footprint now is the time to make serious decisions in such matters. Because population growth and demand is not going away. wind turbines. fuel cells, electric batteries do not magically appear.

Petrol driven cars will go the way of steam trains they replaced like the horse and carriage was replaced by steam trains. Electric or hydrogen fuel cells vehicles in the coming century will replace Petrol driven cars. Even aircraft and ships will go that way.There is regardless of if we like it or not there will be more digital electronic technology in our lives more than ever. And the reality it is growing.

As for who gets the money? People who are savvy to bother to invest either through their own efforts or through pension funds and those who push to develop these projects to meet the growing demands..

In 2020 Asia’s GDP will overtake the GDP of the rest of the world combined. By 2030, the region is expected to contribute roughly 60% of global growth. Asia-Pacific will also be responsible for the overwhelming majority (90%) of the 2.4 billion new members of the middle class entering the global economy.

The bulk of that growth will come from the developing markets of China, India and throughout South-East Asia and it will give rise to a host of new decisions for businesses, governments and NGOs. The pressure will be on them to guide Asia’s development in a way that is equitable and designed to solve a host of social and economic problems.

Kanacki.

Interesting comment amigo just a side thing 2.4 billion customers want the latest Iphone for example 2.4 billion units at say 829 USD per unit. Would be 198960000000000000 Dollars.

There is far more aluminium – which is used to make your phone’s outer case – than any other metal, however.

Aluminium comprises around 24% of an iPhone’s mass, followed by iron, which makes up around 14% of the device’s mass, according to a breakdown from Motherboard. Copper and cobalt comprise around 6% and 5% of the phones mass.

Aluminium is one of the most abundant metals in the Earth’s crust, though it doesn’t exist in a pure state in nature. Instead, it’s produced by refining bauxite ore. Canada is the largest exporter of aluminium to the US, while China is the world’s biggest aluminium producer.

Rare earth elements like yttrium and europium are crucial to your iPhone’s function – they’re used in the phone’s battery, as well as to help give the display screen colour and make the phone vibrate when you get a text, among other uses. Although they account for only a fraction of a per cent of the phone’s total mass, these elements have made mining rare earth elements a huge business.

And some where in that absurd number above is a large amount of mining profit. This is just one example not counting other technologies that require rare earth elements.

Crow

Last edited:

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
Hola Kanacki and Crow, I believe I understand

a demand / supply situation for rare earths, low concentrations and highly polluting
miners seek out the lowest cost, as cost is defined
and leave any mess for others, change comes slowly when counter to profits
rare earth ore deposits exist worldwide, cost and pollution are the issues

World prosperity does not depend on any one mine.

Do I trust miners?
Hell No, I am one. Cut and run, I think of myself as a looter.

responsable mining needs to happen, I support the higher costs
- and I trust no one out of sight

grantler

Jan 11, 2004
near munich
Detector(s) used
Goldpic,XP ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola @ all,
I know there have been a few expeditions in the search of Paititi .
So here is one from a 1954/55 german expedition with Hans Ertl
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Hans was a famo
Hans Ertl had a sad ending .He died very poor in 2000 in Bolivia .His daugther Monika killed a Konsul in Hamburg Germany but she got Killed 1973 in Bolivia from Bolivian Army !
Only Beatriz is still alive in La Paz and takes care of her fathers estate .

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hola @ all,
I know there have been a few expeditions in the search of Paititi .
So here is one from a 1954/55 german expedition with Hans Ertl
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Hans was a famo
Hans Ertl had a sad ending .He died very poor in 2000 in Bolivia .His daugther Monika killed a Konsul in Hamburg Germany but she got Killed 1973 in Bolivia from Bolivian Army !
Only Beatriz is still alive in La Paz and takes care of her fathers estate .

Gidday amigo it appears Ertl found some treasure a gold face mask and some trinkets but it never set him up for old age.

Crow

OP
OP
P

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Kanacki and Crow, I believe I understand

a demand / supply situation for rare earths, low concentrations and highly polluting
miners seek out the lowest cost, as cost is defined
and leave any mess for others, change comes slowly when counter to profits
rare earth ore deposits exist worldwide, cost and pollution are the issues

World prosperity does not depend on any one mine.

Do I trust miners?
Hell No, I am one. Cut and run, I think of myself as a looter.

responsable mining needs to happen, I support the higher costs
- and I trust no one out of sight

Yeah........We need to make it nearly impossible for legal miners to make a profit and put them out of business so the illegal miners can go in and rape the rain forests and destroy the environment like they are doing in Peru.

Unreal.

grantler

Jan 11, 2004
near munich
Detector(s) used
Goldpic,XP ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uuups some of my text got lost in the deep dark web :-)
Hans was a famos mountin guide, cameraman, filmmaker and working with Leni Riefenstahl .
The persons from picture 4 are from left to right :
Hans , his daughter Heidi (17 years old ) Frau Burgl Moeller (Entomologin ?) Hans Wife Relly, Daughter Monika (16years ) and Rudi Braun a friend of Hans and member of earlier Expeditions to South America .

Aleksi

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gidday lilorphanannie

I was aware of San Gaban, and another place the name escapes my memory that was destroyed by Indians.

Juan del Oro? Some thing like that?

I recall there was about 30 mining leases? Several was progressively bought up by the same companies. There was a small mining company in Lima that has many of leases and they have been sampling and processing gold values through Centamin.

But I did not know the story of hidden gold from the destroyed settlement of San Gaban?

View attachment 1906037

Crow
Amigo Crow, connecting back on this forum to check what you are all up to this days, find this massively interesting thread, and then get confused by that picture of yours ! Can you please give us a bit of context ? Attached is a picture of me, at what I believe to be the very same place during my time investigating the San Gaban story...
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    798.3 KB · Views: 36

Aleksi

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigo

I wonder if this is the waterfall you are referring too?

View attachment 1906527

Kanacki
Hello Kanacki, funny enough this waterfall looks very familiar to me too (then again one waterfall to another, in this area...). Is it a small tributarie of the higher Inambari (huari-huari) ? Not too far from a small mining town accessible only by foot or rafting ? I use to hang out with the boteros (camaristas) of the area and did raft huari-huari on tires, wood and bambu rafts :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread