Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give us a call. We have a few of the older, non-updated versions on hand that we would really like to move.

The differences between the older and newer CTX3030s are:
  • A revised arm cuff mount, specifically how the arm cuff adjusts on the CTX forward and aft.
  • A revised battery seal. The newer units have an improved seal to prevent water intrusion in the battery compartment.

There is NO CHANGE in the electronics between the older and newer models.

Note that aside from a housing change at the service center, the armcuff upgrade can't be added to the older models.

BUT- the battery upgrade is something the user can install easily.... In fact Minelab has a kit for the user to upgrade that seal. It includes a new rechargeable battery and AA battery pack, plus seals.

So... If you want IDENTICAL PERFORMANCE to the newest CTX3030, AND the better battery pack sealing technology... Give us a call. We want to blow these out of here! :hello:

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got 2 at pro's and interested in getting rid of one and getting a ctx for a second machine what cash balance do you need?

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give me a call... We will, work something out to your liking. :)

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got 2 at pro's and interested in getting rid of one and getting a ctx for a second machine what cash balance do you need?

Dude my family has a few ATP's and ATPI's, well many other machines as well. My wife and switched over to the 3030 as our primary some years ago, wish we could have found a deal like this then. Point is if you get a 3030 it will have you going back to spots you hunted out already. It is a beast. When you can find a deal on a 3030 from a reputable dealer or private person you should jump on it.

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get one more of these older version CTX 3030s... after this one is gone there are no more. Give me a call if you want to grab it!

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you contemplated picking up one of these in the past but missed the opportunity, give us a call. Minelab found a few more for us and will have them here in a few days. Remember, performance wise these are just as good as the latest CTX3030! :)

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are selling fast.. grab yours while you can!

PAScott

Jul 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you currently have any used ctx 3030s and what are your thoughts on used vs new.

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Scott - no used CTX 3030s on hand at the moment... but that could change any day. As far as used vs new goes, there really are only two differences: Warranty and physical condition. There really isn't a performance difference between new and used, as the detector's electronics are very consistent from one to another.

The only real advantage to the latest versions are also twofold... On post spring 2016 models there is an improved water seal on the battery and the arm cuff has been improved. No changes occurred to the electronics at all (aside from adding the Chinese language to the menu, which is available in an update anyway).

Hope that helps and feel free to contact us directly with other questions!

[email protected]
814-215-1732

PAScott

Jul 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Scott - no used CTX 3030s on hand at the moment... but that could change any day. As far as used vs new goes, there really are only two differences: Warranty and physical condition. There really isn't a performance difference between new and used, as the detector's electronics are very consistent from one to another.

The only real advantage to the latest versions are also twofold... On post spring 2016 models there is an improved water seal on the battery and the arm cuff has been improved. No changes occurred to the electronics at all (aside from adding the Chinese language to the menu, which is available in an update anyway).

Hope that helps and feel free to contact us directly with other questions!

[email protected]
814-215-1732

Thanks I will give you a call next week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread