South Bend-Elkhart Area Group hunt/Club

xGregx

Feb 13, 2008
Elkhart,In
Detector(s) used
-=XP Deus=-At Pro=-
Lets start with a fresh topic... Were looking at putting together a hunt somewhere in st jo/elkhart counties or close by.

Please reply with ideas,dates etc.

Hunt Club- Seeing there is no local club for us would anyone be interested in putting something together, I know theres a club in warsaw and cass but its just to far for most people to go for a meeting (Both Groups have great members)and most of the hunts with the cass group cost you $$ also its been MY experience since the guy runs a shop and the club you are treated different if you dont buy your equipment from him. Maybe just to start we can get a group email going to help with questions, machines, looking for hunting partner, Equipment for sale, Internet deals and places to hunt. Then later on we could put a website together and forum and setup a place to meet monthly .

Just tossin some ideas out,

Greg

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few ideas coming from the previous thread.
George Wilson Park is HUGE!!! and I do remember many sledders and tubers going down those hills. Rum Village would be another one and as mentioned in the earlier thread, I to think that would be a great place to hit so long as we are in numbers. Once we get a few area MD'rs interested and can setup an impromptu hunt at one of the larger parks and meet, everyone can throw some other area ideas out for those to consider and give their input.

Let's keep this thread strong and hear from others.

DJH

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Ahhh shoot, Rum Village is not *that* bad. I'd hunt it solo. But then again, I've hunted various downtown South Bend and West Side spots. Oooo, Which brings me to this; what about the abandoned houses in South bend that'll be demolished? I have the ok to hunt these spots...but haven't had a chance to map out the locations, yet.

And, and, and... I have a great idea...on Fir Rd somewhere between Douglas and Jefferson there's an older (or at least it looks older) sports field type complex...don't know the name but it looks promising...and plenty of room for all of us to hunt!!! Plus it's handy for those of you in Elkhart and those of us in SB/Mishawaka!

shall we PM e-mail/contact info?

OP
OP
xGregx

xGregx

Feb 13, 2008
Elkhart,In
Detector(s) used
-=XP Deus=-At Pro=-
I am starting an address book so we can send out and keep everyone informed, I will send a mass mail out so the rest can add to there own books.

This will be used for local hunts, looking for hunting partners etc for our local area, plus we have the great treasure net forum we can and should use also.

Also others can do the same thing to keep everyone updated.

HH
Greg

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
And, and, and... I have a great idea...on Fir Rd somewhere between Douglas and Jefferson there's an older (or at least it looks older) sports field type complex...don't know the name but it looks promising...and plenty of room for all of us to hunt!!! Plus it's handy for those of you in Elkhart and those of us in SB/Mishawaka!

shall we PM e-mail/contact info?

The only sports complex I can think about is just south of McKinley and North of Jefferson. The Little League Ball Park is what I am thinking of. Not sure if that is the one you are referring to, but that one has been there for as long as I can remember.

Thought you were out of town this weekend.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I was outta town last weekend, that is if you were referring to me.

Since I was outta commission last weekend, I have some chores I must do this weekend so not sure if a hunt is on my weekend agenda.

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
I was outta town last weekend, that is if you were referring to me.

Since I was outta commission last weekend, I have some chores I must do this weekend so not sure if a hunt is on my weekend agenda.

Reference was you and did not mean to appaear rude. Chores are top priority at my home or I don't get to hunt. It sounds like Greg's putting together something.

HH
DJH

OP
OP
xGregx

xGregx

Feb 13, 2008
Elkhart,In
Detector(s) used
-=XP Deus=-At Pro=-
Chores = Cleaning detector ;D

I have my list to complete also or i get grounded and made to watch the oxygen or lifetime channels...

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xGregx said:
Chores = Cleaning detector ;D

I have my list to complete also or i get grounded and made to watch the oxygen or lifetime channels...

Greg, don't forget to seperate the whites from the colors this time ;D You made me feel uneasy detecting with you when you wore that Pink Tee-Shirt the last time we hunted together. :laughing9:

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
Ill hunt the ghetto with ya vibes...anytime let me know! I stopped and talked to the contractor for the houses on Elm road today too, he said he was just finished with his work there but that the state wont "probly" say anything,he says they never stop in and nosey around so he wouldnt worry about it...thats not permission but...what the heck! (Im a taxpayer anyways) :wink:
I think this is a great idea ...the beggings of a new club glad you're on it Greg...and props to mishawakian for alligning the stars too!

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jersey devl said:
Ill hunt the ghetto with ya vibes...anytime let me know! I stopped and talked to the contractor for the houses on Elm road today too, he said he was just finished with his work there but that the state wont "probly" say anything,he says they never stop in and nosey around so he wouldnt worry about it...thats not permission but...what the heck! (Im a taxpayer anyways) :wink:
I think this is a great idea ...the beggings of a new club glad you're on it Greg...and props to mishawakian for alligning the stars too!
I don't have a problem with the ghetto as long as we are in numbers. Me and Mr. Ruger go detecting from time to time if he feels like it. Greg, Tabfinder, and I have hit an old scholl here in town down in the Ghetto recently. We've pulled a few 44 Mag shell casings and the thugs must have brought in a sniper 'cause I found a 243 shell casing amongst the finds.

Let's setup a hunt for next weekend if possible. I'm open for Sunday and I'm sure Greg can get out of his laundry details if he can get them done on Saturday.

Later
DJH

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I'm a south sider and have detected a couple of schools here, but haven't found chit :(
Depending on how many people want to hunt then, I should compile a list of abandoned houses, then partner up and see which location gives up the best goods. Why not? before long those places will be gone. Just a thought.

We use to have a place on Catawba Island (Lake Erie)... sold it 3 years ago.
Last year I was at a fundraiser and ran into Mayor Steve we chatted about fishing, etc...told him that since we sold the place I'd be spending more time running amok in The Bend...asked if I could count on him for bail money :P Anyway, we're getting the boat outta drydock this year and will be spending *most* weekends this summer perch fishing on lake Erie :thumbsup: So let's hunt often this spring! Next Sunday should work for me!

Greg...LOL...Lifetime and Oxygen channels...ohhh...good punishments, evil, but good!

Jersey Devil...I'm divinely protected so a ghetto hunt don't bother me none. The SU called my cell one hunt day, asked where I was digging, told him, he showed up and demanded I leave because of the neighborhood. he was relentless, so I got in my car, said I was going to another location, drove around the block and went back to the park. I love that park...found some goodies and it STILL produces!

I'm off to get in touch with my inner cleaning wench.

HH

Tori

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
UPDATE: There is AG DAY at the county fairgrounds today and tomorrow so the gates will be unlocked...I may give it a whirl this afternoon just to get out a bit

(Sat 10:00am-6:00,and sunday ...cant remember the times for sunday).

mishawakian

Feb 16, 2009
Mishawaka,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizum IV
Good idea about forming a local club,I am interested.

Who would moderate this club?

As for detecting this weekend.... I have to rake my yard,go grocery shop and do laundry,so detecting this weekend is a wash.
I can detect for a few hours next weekend,I have my children for visitation and I could probably sneak away for a hunt/meet and greet.

OP
OP
xGregx

xGregx

Feb 13, 2008
Elkhart,In
Detector(s) used
-=XP Deus=-At Pro=-
Not sure if we need a head of state :) but once we see how many people are interested we can check it out and maybe come up with a newsletter or something to show our treasures and any info we can share with the group. then as a whole do some group hunt/bbqs or something. We can also help new people out also with questions or even show them how to hunt to get them started etc...

If you know anyone in our areas that are not on the internet we can look at how to keep them informed also...

I really don't see to many out detecting accept for digginjimmyhoffa and tabfinder but it would be nice to know other hunters in our areas just to say Hi...

Greg

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
SOOO...did ya hunt today???? It was a bee-u-tious day! I found myself diggin in Niles with kibitzr. Yeah I was an interloper today...or a Dang good Michiana pirate, I even wore the tiara, really, I did!

Didn't find squat...but glad for clad, right? ???

Has everyone who's interested in meeting/hunting OUR area, shared their contact info w/ greg? I have an idea and would like to share it w/ ya.

OP
OP
xGregx

xGregx

Feb 13, 2008
Elkhart,In
Detector(s) used
-=XP Deus=-At Pro=-
Tabfinder,DJH and myself invaded Michigan on sunday we hauled in some clad but nothing special....

jersey devl i will add you to the mailing list in the morning..

Greg

OP
OP
xGregx

xGregx

Feb 13, 2008
Elkhart,In
Detector(s) used
-=XP Deus=-At Pro=-
Looks like rain this weekend, lets hope it changes. I only have Djh,tabfinder,Jersey's and vibes email address's but if you all wanna meet on sunday we should get something rolling here, we can just pick a random park or whatever but lets hear your suggestions,

DJH,tabfinder and myself are all from elkhart, I think Djh and myself are good for a sunday hunt.

I might have to run my Fisher F4 for sunday my etrac is on ebay and looking to buy a new vision but the dealer is out of stock.

Greg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions