Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ms. BH86, Ever hunt in Amish Country? I used to deliver for Roadway up in that part of Indiana many years ago. Washington, Montgomery, Odon, and Loogootee, never had time to go diggin' anywhere. Used to get a lot of horseshoe nails in my truck tires, Always wondered what one could dig up in Amish country...happy hunting.

My guess would be WHEAT pennies. :laughing7:
Sorry, couldn't resist.
-MM-
(LaPorte Hoosier)

Jonathan_K

Dec 24, 2013
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all, I'm another newbie in Southern IN, in Scott County. My wife surprised me with a Garrett ACE 150 for Christmas, which I'm looking forward to trying out soon.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all, I'm another newbie in Southern IN, in Scott County. My wife surprised me with a Garrett ACE 150 for Christmas, which I'm looking forward to trying out soon.

Welcome! In Harrison County here...near Corydon, Indiana.

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evansville Indiana here.. Just got a Garrett Ace 250 and am looking at learning from someone who has been doing this for a while.

Jonathan_K

Dec 24, 2013
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! From what I hear, the 250 is a nice MD. My wife got me the 150, so I'm about to start learning the ropes as well, as soon as time and weather permits.

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! From what I hear, the 250 is a nice MD. My wife got me the 150, so I'm about to start learning the ropes as well, as soon as time and weather permits.

We went out today for 30 minutes, just about as long as we could stand with the weather. However, we found a nickel lol. Dug about 8 holes, found a lot of pencil tops that would show up as nickels in my Ace 250, but the last hole we dug we saw the nickel sitting there about 4 inches down.

Jonathan_K

Dec 24, 2013
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I'm hoping the weather turns out a bit better soon around here. I want to go play around with mine. A buddy I work with has a MD as well, and if the weather permits, think we're going to go do a bit of hunting on Tuesday.

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I'm hoping the weather turns out a bit better soon around here. I want to go play around with mine. A buddy I work with has a MD as well, and if the weather permits, think we're going to go do a bit of hunting on Tuesday.

If your in Evansville, depending on the time you go, let me know, I'd love to join up.

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ground did thaw enough to detect in north central Indiana this weekend. I didn't get out but a detecting buddy of mine did until the cold wind got to him. We have a cold front coming in so it may be the last chance here till spring. I know I am always anxious to get out in the spring. Having a new detector to try out would really make the wait hard.

Now is the time of year to do research and set up some places to hunt later. Make new friends with owners of older homes.:) Think about any family with good places to hunt. Ask them if they or anyone they know have lost anything you could find for them ( Good Karma). One place that usually pays off big in finds is old forgotten swimming holes. Talk to the elderly about such places. You local library is great for finding leads. Read the really old newspapers and look at the old plat maps and such. Read all the great info on the forums..........HH

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For those in Evansville the public library has quite a few books on treasure hunting and metal detecting. A good way to spend those cold winter evenings.

Encore -- treasure hunting

Jonathan_K

Dec 24, 2013
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your in Evansville, depending on the time you go, let me know, I'd love to join up.

If we go out today, it'll be in Scottsburg, or somewhere close most likely, sorry. Not sure if we're going to get out, though, as it's going to be pretty chilly still. Maybe just long enough for a quick scan at the tot lot at the local park, if anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread