my first gold!

mwfisherman77

Apr 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out after work today inbetween the rain I went to a local park with a big sledding hill and was making my way up and hit something that was very strong sounding coming in on my coinmaster at a nicker/zinc penny. Never heard the noise before and I dug it and something super shiny came out. Once i cleaned it up it was what I think is a white gold wedding band. It has "circle of love" engraved with 14k (tw) next to it Here's a pic what do you guys think?

ForumRunner_20130417_171735.png

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you did great. The hours i spent last month at a very popular sledding hill did not produce anything. Nice find!

RJGMC
HI BOB!

OP
OP
M

mwfisherman77

Apr 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks! it must be a virgin spot, because i found like 6 clad quarters, a full key ring, a mp3 player, and a bunch of zinc pennies and dimes. a few buttons and zippers. LOL. it was fun before it started absolutely down pouring. this is my first full week mding so im still getting to know the coinmaster and the gold made a sound i havent heard yet. it was a neat find for sure.

awesome thing was theres three seperate sled runs on this hill, and i only was able to hit one. so i got 2 more to go!!

OP
OP
M

mwfisherman77

Apr 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got it looked at by a local shop it weighed 9.5gr and they offered me 200 for it. Im gonna wait til gold gold goes up then cash in. In the meantime I'm gonna go see if a local jewelry store will give me more.

JC Allen

Greenie
Apr 19, 2013
Rocky Mountains USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET FIND! Especially awesome for a first trip out! And great way to start with the sledding hill! Those are usually forgotten treasure coves as you found out...

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have a very popular sledding hill in this area that sits in a park surrounded by historical activity. Unfortunately the powers that be have deemed the park off limits to our hobbyists. Perhaps some day we can sway the minds of the people in charge. Nice find. Hope you have many!

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe check any lost/found listings in your area and see if someone is offering a reward for return of their ring-

Target1972

Mar 27, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats.....good to see someone finding something of value instead of the trash I seem to dig

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your first Golden Ticket! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
M

mwfisherman77

Apr 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ye I hear that target. However local sledding hills have been treating me well. Parks on the other hand all junk. I found my first piece of silver a silver ring yesterday at another sledding hill. I am still waiting for my first older coin though. This area doesn't have much age to it unfortunately.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread