Indiana Treasure hunting?

rayc50

Apr 11, 2008
East Central Illinois
Hey, Lufin! Nice to meet ya! Yeah...I plan in getting to the Scott County area sometime this late spring or early summer to check out some info on the Finley's and Richey's. After mushroom season here at my location, that is. The Richey's and Collings' came up from Kaintuck and settled in the Scott County area. Do to a lack of schooling ... who know's for sure how Finley, Findley, Finly, Finlay was really spelled to begin with. LOL Did you know that Davy Crocket married a Polly Finley? Yep! Found that out while doing my research. They, of course, live in Kentucky. Not sure where my great, great, great grandparents came from. I found out who they were after about a year of research. My great, great grandfather, William P. Finley, was born in Beaver Township, Noble County, Ohio. His parents were James Finley and Charlotte Starr. Can't find out anything past James. So with my trip to Scott County , I will be going on to Noble County, Ohio. Of course, I'll be taking my MD with me to hopefully hook up with someone and check out some old homestead sites. If you're interested in corresponding, send me an email. Have a goodun' and HH!!! Ray

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Kenny Barton said:
Hi

I live in W. Terre Haute just off Darwin road.
How about Rayco

Regards

HH

Hey Kenny, lived in Terre Haute most of my life and know a couple places near you that might be useful. Found my first Seated Quarter in W Terre haute!!

JWSnow

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old thread but I live in Bloomington.
I recently moved to Indiana after retiring from law enforcement in Florida. My wife is from Attica IN and her family has a farm in that area. Many years past I use to trasure hunt in Florida. I am getting back in to Treasure hunting after seeing many old home sites and people looking for gold and whatever in the many creeks and gullys in the area. Would be glad to find some one in central Indiana who shares this interest and would like to plan hunts.

VanFo

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2013
New to M/D looking for a group or friends let me know if some want to get out for a day. I'm on the southside of Indy.

Target1972

Mar 27, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Van
New to the hobby myself and on the southside of Indy myself (Greenwood).....not sure of if there are any promising sites around here but open to suggestions!

Jeff2338

Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, new to the hunt as well and would like to find a few people to hunt with. I'm on the south west side of Indy so Greenwood is a short drive away. Let me know if you have any interest.

Target1972

Mar 27, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure....know of any spots? Hit a couple of parks in Greenwood and found clad and tabs

DetectorMike

Apr 4, 2013
Indiana, Martinsville/Columbus
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys I'm a noob but have the Garrett Ace 350 and I live in Martinsville, Indiana and also goto Columbus, Indiana so if your ever around and want to meet up to go detecting just send me a msg.

DetectorMike

Apr 4, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also I don't know if you guys know of any good spots around me your willing to share I would appreciate it I went to the 4h fairground today and found 2 pennies a old button and a bunch of cans and I mean a bunch it seems that it has a layer of aluminum cans under the grass I swear but that is wear I went today but am researching a new spot for tomorrow.

Big_Tony

Apr 12, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter Lonestar
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Mike I also have the 350 and IM in Mooresville also sorta new to the hobby. maybe we can hook up sometime and swing the 350's. I just got my 350 a few days ago still playing with it much better than the bounty hunter i had lol but seriously lets meet up sometime.

DetectorMike

Apr 4, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck yea man sounds good to me but I don't drive right now I have a suspended license so that cause me a lot of problems but I wouldn't mind meaning up and going detecting and I just got my Ace 350 also

DetectorMike

Apr 4, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey Mike I also have the 350 and IM in Mooresville also sorta new to the hobby. maybe we can hook up sometime and swing the 350's. I just got my 350 a few days ago still playing with it much better than the bounty hunter i had lol but seriously lets meet up sometime.

Yea man hit me upon Facebook. Www.facebook.com/mike.denton.85

bailey2243

Aug 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all.. I live in northern Indiana.. Kids bought me a MD and I have no Idea where to go up here... can't do much for a while.. snow and sub zero temps are killing me.. lol.. If anyone knows of places up this way plz let me know.. not sure what to do or where to go.. I will hit up the liberary but not sure there is much up this way.. mostly a bunch of fields... Thx.. happy hunting!!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey bailey2243 where are you at in Northern IN I am close to Angola, IN if you are close we can get together this spring

dixie bee

Greenie
Dec 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breathing new life into an old thread.
I'm in Indiana right along I74 close to the Illinois line.
Plan on getting an ace 350 after the first of the year.
About 2 miles from me is a historic property where a train coal station was located, a friend of mine lives in the house, about a mile from there, that was built by the man who owned that coal station.
I am really antsy to search his property.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your not far from me Revpo.I am in Bartholomew county.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's mostly flour gold way to small for a detector and way to small to dig and see it in the dirt, you need to sluice then pan or just pan it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions