Indiana Treasure hunting?

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SLINK;
Do you belong to that gold hunting club , I think it is in BROWN COUNTY?. If they find bits/pieces, why can't one find it along the creek bed with a detector. Untitled
REVPO:icon_thumleft:

I dont belong to any clubs.Wingmaster answered the question well.However,I certainly like prospecting just cant use detector to do so around here.While some consider Indianas flour and very fine gold to not be worthy of their time and effort,I enjoy it very much.I am always torn between detecting and prospecting when the weather is nice.Its easy this time of the year I detect,not messing around in the cold water.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to do a little prospecting as well when the weather is nice, early spring I'm going to try and get my detecting spots done so when it starts to get warm I can go prospecting a little till I get another good spot to detect. HH

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not too picky about detecting spots.I know alot of people dont care to detect places that dont have deep documented history.I'll hunt almost anywhere,at least until I get a feel of what can be found.The cool thing about prospecting is its very seldom you get nothing.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep but I won't go somewhere to detect that I know doesn't hold any old stuff, some people are happy digging clad and that's not why I bought my detector. If I want regular change I can just go to the bank, I had one guy trying to get me to go to a park that's only been there about 10yrs and there was no houses or anything there before it was a park. He was telling me that he dug 8 dollars in quarters there and was trying to get me to go but I said its all clad right? he tells me yes but 8 dollars is 8 dollars and he says he's happy with that of course I think he's only got a couple silver coins at the most and has been detecting for years. It doesn't have to have lots of history just an old farm house will do as I've found lots of nice old coins and jewelry from old house sites, and I always find some color when prospecting but it takes a lot when its flour gold but I have fun doing it so that's all that counts anyway. HHQUOTE=slink;4392372]I'm not too picky about detecting spots.I know alot of people dont care to detect places that dont have deep documented history.I'll hunt almost anywhere,at least until I get a feel of what can be found.The cool thing about prospecting is its very seldom you get nothing.[/QUOTE]

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh dont get me wrong I certainly prefer silver coin or gold (if that ever happens) but modern jewelry pleases me too if its silver or gold.I dont know alot of people who detect but those I do know and have known no one has found a gold coin in indiana.I think the point I was making was stuff shows up in odd places sometimes I like to keep an open mind and not rule out a place until I have a feel for it.A week ago I found a 1914 buffalo at 2in in an unlikely place.I know not an amazing find but it comes to mind what else is there.Just odd luck or potential good place to hunt only time will tell.It was enough for me to want to revisit the site and hunt again.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's gold coins out there just not many found because they will VDI low and that means digging a lot more targets, those dollar gold coins are smaller than a dime and if your in a spot that real old it might be better to dig some of those VDI's that you normally wouldn't. HH

Hoosier79

Feb 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!! I am newbie myself. Just took the dive into the hobby last year I am located 65 miles south of Indy.

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kosciusko here. I hunt mostly water, most of the coins are toast, but gold don't change with time. Lots of lakes to hunt in Indiana.

rvhauler401

May 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Randy from Mooresville.
Also looking to hunt with someone nearby...

Coinhunter17

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2016
Rushville in
Detector(s) used
Technetics 4000. Garrett ace 250. Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey my name is Brandon I'm located in rushville indiana and I have been looking for a hunting partner anyone wanting to get together and go hunt with me would be appreciated I have 5-6 old one roomed school houses I recently got permission to hunt and one old public pool site all dated 1800s and a couple areas I have hunted that I have found silver on ..just bought a at pro and its a huge upgrade from what I was using so I'm ready to hit the new spots and the old ones I hit with a cheap detector ...

Coinhunter17

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2016
Rushville in
Detector(s) used
Technetics 4000. Garrett ace 250. Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
65 miles south of Indy puts you around where Seymour area ...I'm able to drive that far or vice versa if you want to get together

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey my name is Brandon I'm located in rushville indiana and I have been looking for a hunting partner anyone wanting to get together and go hunt with me would be appreciated I have 5-6 old one roomed school houses I recently got permission to hunt and one old public pool site all dated 1800s and a couple areas I have hunted that I have found silver on ..just bought a at pro and its a huge upgrade from what I was using so I'm ready to hit the new spots and the old ones I hit with a cheap detector ...

Hey there ch17, I'm just south of Greensburg. Hit me up for a hunt sometime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread