Evidence of a De Soto Theory

HELP1

May 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a treasure hunter but a Geologist. I just finished a fascinating book suggesting Hernando de Desoto's 1550's expedition led him through my home state of Indiana MUCH farther North than earlier thought. I am curious, does anyone know of or ever heard about ANY spanish artifacts found in Kentucky OR Indiana that could substantiate this
"Northern route" theory ???? Any opinions about this theory of De Soto trekking into Indiana would be enjoyed. Anyone interested in a quick overview of this theory can find a interesting account on line by Googling "De Soto in Indiana" this will lead you to the writings, Sheppard, I believe is the authors name. Again, I am not a treasure hunter just a guy with a healthy interest in history. Knowing the geography of my home state fairly well I found this guys theory compelling. Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

CT1976

Dec 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about anything going back that far but I do know our area (Indiana/Kentucky) was mined during the days of the French and Indian War.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to t-net.
Try posting it in the General discussion area for more replies. This area is for help with the site. Also check out our rocks and gems you might enjoy the show and they would enjoy your comments. De Soto was here where I live in Tennessee.. First contact with our native people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread