Southern Indiana Metal Detecting Club!

Jun 15, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Hello everyone! I have just started the Southern Indiana Metal Detecting Club! Feel free to stop by and join our group! We need people from Indiana that are intrested in metal detecting. We can discuss MDing in our great state, share stories, news, and anything else that pertains to THing! The more members, the bigger success the Southern Indiana Metal Detecting Club will be! I look forward to hearing from all of you very soon! Here is the link to the group site. >>>(www.groups.yahoo.com/groups/simetaldetecting)<<<

Thanks again!

OP
OP
metaldetectorman
Jun 15, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Hey Robert,

Right now there aren't many people in the group. It is a web-based group, and several of the members are out of state. I live in southern Indiana, around the Columbus area. Are you close?

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
metaldetectorman said:
Hey Robert,

Right now there aren't many people in the group. It is a web-based group, and several of the members are out of state. I live in southern Indiana, around the Columbus area. Are you close?
Hey Robert there is or was a great club in freetown indiana which is really close to you.
Hoosier Hill treasure hunters, I believe they are/where called
contact Wrays Treasure shop for info.
Best Regards, Ray

revpo

Dec 3, 2004
SOUTHERN INDIANA
Interesting, a new club.
There is one club over in Georgetown, Indiana, I use to go to years ago.
I live near Salem, and do a bit of hunting, and know where some caves are near Salem, for hunting.
Just give us a shout sometime, My cb is on chnl 13 all the time if your in the area.
DOCTOR/

strider

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2007
Hi
just wanted to know if living in LaPorte is to far away to join. I have checked the internet for clubs in my area but have not had any luck locating one.

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Huntingburg and wish that there was a club nearby.
HH, bottlebum

lufin

Jan 29, 2007
SouthCentral Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher C/Z-6
Hey, haven't been on this net for a while and happened to see someone wants to start a club near Columbus. Has anything happened yet ? I live in the area....

lufin

Jan 29, 2007
SouthCentral Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher C/Z-6
I make it up to Greencastle about once a month to the Putnam Co. air port. Belong to Chapter 34 of The Popular Rotorcraft Asso. We have our meetings on the 2nd Sunday or each month. If the weather is right some of us fly, some of us watch. :o

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lufin said:
I make it up to Greencastle about once a month to the Putnam Co. air port. Belong to Chapter 34 of The Popular Rotorcraft Asso. We have our meetings on the 2nd Sunday or each month. If the weather is right some of us fly, some of us watch. :o

That is cool. I am just waiting, not so patiently for warm weather to get here. So in the down time I am researching and trying to get permission from owners to search different areas around the county. I thought maybe this year I woudl try to be ahead of schedule.....LOL

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me, there are plenty of detectorists around. All we need now, :D is a club.

lufin

Jan 29, 2007
SouthCentral Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher C/Z-6
revpo said:
Interesting, a new club.
There is one club over in Georgetown, Indiana, I use to go to years ago.
I live near Salem, and do a bit of hunting, and know where some caves are near Salem, for hunting.
Just give us a shout sometime, My cb is on chnl 13 all the time if your in the area.
DOCTOR/
Just wondering, are you Doctor Who on the CBRadioForum. Been trying to get in tough with ya. Don't think my little radio can make the trip to Salem. ;D Haven't had time to make it down there lately.

revpo

Dec 3, 2004
SOUTHERN INDIANA
Thats me, and the cave near borden indiana is closed down..accident..
I ran across 2 caves near palymra lake a few weeks ago, no idea as yet how to hunt in there, and heard of one up budd miller road..

doctor

lufin

Jan 29, 2007
SouthCentral Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher C/Z-6
My dad did a lot of exploring caves down your way back in the 70's. I went with him a few times but some of those caves we had to crawl on our bellys and I didn't like that. I aways liked the ones you see on TV where the floor is flat, you stand up all the time and you don't need a light to see. :o But, those are hard to find. Never had a md in any of those caves.

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loogootee IN here... sorry but yahoo is worthless for me...

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salem In, here. Not so interested in the club, but would be very interested in meeting up with some people and doing a hunt or two! And the BS afterwards also!

revpo

Dec 3, 2004
SOUTHERN INDIANA
Is the club on yahoo still going?
Any live meetings yet?

MAYBE a few can meet somewhere and try hunting, Perhaps some area where a village once stood, I will research and find something
REVPO/DOCTOR/WR795/CHNL 16 USB

Last edited:

revpo

Dec 3, 2004
SOUTHERN INDIANA
Anyone know the web page of the club in/around GEORGETOWN INDIANA?

...........................................................................................................
SALEM INDIANA
DO you detect around WASHINGTON COUNTY?

DOCTOR/WR795

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread