East Central Indiana Newbie

trapperman27

May 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
East Central Indiana Newbie hit jackpot?

So I've been metal detecting a lot lately due to me buying a piece of property with an old home site on it. The house was built in 1830s and has underground railroad ties. I've had 3 people tell me about the second owner of the house burying "treasure on the property. Apparently he was a little bit of a quack and died in the house in the 50s. The third owner recently died but before he did he told me the same treasure story. Heck an old lady stopped on the side of the road and told me the story just the other day and it's been making me think hard about what may be around there. There is a "slave" tunnel for the underground railroad running from the house to the woods......I've heard this story several times also and just yesterday found the exit whole in the woods.......it's a brick tunnel but is partially collapsed. So I'm guessing some of the stories must be true. So all this background info brings me to why I joined the thread......I'm an amateur detector and could use some help or a partner to search this property. I have personally dug 4 guns now a 1938 dog tax tag 2 pennies and a ton of nails ect. I'm starting to figure out this detector but I just can't help but dig all signals. Anyway if anyone is interested and are an honest normal person let's go detecting lol. Everytime someone from the area tells me about the treasure I can't help myself but detect.

Last edited:

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Great introduction post trapperman. Seems like you are in for a fun time with the property. Good luck and welcome to TreasureNet.

Richard

OP
OP
T

trapperman27

May 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great introduction post trapperman. Seems like you are in for a fun time with the property. Good luck and welcome to TreasureNet.

Richard

Thanks......was hoping to stir some interest in a member close by that may want to help me search.......I know the location of the old outhouse and a dump site from doing research and looking at old aerial photographs from the 70s.........anyway I been looking but haven't found any "treasure" yet lol......I know it's a long shot but people keep telling me about it.....cheers

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent a you a message, let me know if you want some help detecting. Been trying to get out a little more as last year I didn't get much time to detect. HH

Catanza

Mar 27, 2017
South Bend IN
Detector(s) used
At Pro nel Thunder coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a treasure hunt I would love to come down and check it out

OP
OP
T

trapperman27

May 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When this weather straightens out I'm all in......keep in touch.....I have been talking to another member also.....maybe we can have lots of help....if we find the "treasure" we will split it up evenly.....odds are nothing but I've heard the myth to many times from different people so something is up.......we can search the old house also because I'm just gonna tear it down.....if found a room the other day that was sealed and I got it sort of open but got tired and didn't feel like fetching my crowbar......but next time I'm there u bet I will be prying it open........I was looking down through the old fire place and saw a bricked in room and found a small door in the old basement that was welded shut or somehow sealed.......also there are 2 manhole covers with separate rooms outside the house that are concrete and brick.....one houses my well and the other was some sort of pumping station for water......it will be safer to explore better in numbers......cheers

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know but I'm sure there's some old coins in the yard at least, if it's not been detected hard in the past anyway. HH

Catanza

Mar 27, 2017
South Bend IN
Detector(s) used
At Pro nel Thunder coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds good to me just let me know ill bring my pops and cousin we go out almost every weekend

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have detector, will travel LOL.... Whereabouts are ya bud? Decatur county here..

Pepper06

May 9, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like the kind of place we all lay away awake at night and dream about. Good luck and keep it low and slow.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I heard treasure really old need help...im sure I missed the rest of the post but count me in lol....and welcome

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread