SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.....around Camp Atterbury?

When I get back from Iraq, I'm looking into remaining on active duty for another year with a program called "Operation Warrior Trainer" which uses returning Guard and Reserve Soldiers that have returned from Iraq/Afghanistan to help train those who are deploying and going through their mobilization training.

I'm planning on doing this at Camp Atterbury since it's only about 6 hrs from home (West Michigan).

If there's anyone who lives around there who wants to do some huntin' or knows some good public spots to hit please give me a holler.

HH,
SgtSki

lufin

Jan 29, 2007
SouthCentral Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher C/Z-6
The western side of Atterbury was sold to Johnson Co. years ago so that side is now Johnson Co. Park. It is open to M/Ding most anywhere. I have detected around where the barracks used to be and mostly find melted copper where they burned the buildings. There is an Ampa theater that we found clad coins nothing of great value. It's been 5 or 6 years sense I was there. Could be some new stuff there now. The northern half of the west side in DNR owened and NO DETECTING. If you are still interested in going I would be happy to go too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread