?

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Glaciers came down and covered most of Indiana at one time or another. Those glaciers pushed material down from Canada, including gold-ladden material. The gold found in IN is this glacial gold and you should be able to find it in NW IN. The gold will be coming from the glacial deposits, not deeper from the earth - like where the wells might be coming from. Your best bet is to look in deeply cut streams, especially where bedrock is exposed. Over time, gold concentrates in the creeks and can't penetrate beyond the bedrock. So, it will slip into the cracks in the bedrock, will be pushed/moved during times of flooding, and will continue to concentrate into the waterways due to the natural occurrence of erosion.

The best way to tell if there is gold where you are looking is to fill up your pan with some dirt, pan it down, and look real closely!

Good luck!

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mschoff said:
Hi everyone I was just wondering if gold has ever been found in NW Indiana I live were there is artesian wells Just thought with the pressure of them it may be a good place to look what do you all think

There is gold in the creeks of NW Indiana....but its not easy to find...lol I have worked all day with the kids on a creek and only found a few bits of color and then Iv went by my self and found a few flakes and a lotta color...its on inside bends of the creek where the gravel bar is but you have to dig, dig, dig....or pull up weeds and bang there roots into your pan to find color....have fun Oh and ya ....if you think your gonna get down to the bed rock in NW Indiana...lol prepair to dig 10 to 15 feet down on the creek bed....now if you had a dredge and sucked a big hole out maybe but I dont think a dredge would catch the color and flour gold thats here ...but I dont know...

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whole roots on the weeds on the creek bank works well right after a bad storm or a good flood ... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone knows of any place they can go with in driving distance to NW Indiana and wants to go but doesnt have the equipment, I have a highbanker/dredge combo I can set up if there is a water source or I have a self contained highbanker if we have to pack in water and a blue bowl for clean up.....we can both work the area and split what we find....I do need proof of ok to prospect from land owner or other wise of the area.....let me know...THANKS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread