Heading to IOWA May 15th. Between DeWitt and Iowa City for the day Wanna Detect
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Apr 2006
    DES PLAINES IL
    AVATAR: MY Wife Saying.... "Your going Metal Detecting
    257 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Heading to IOWA May 15th. Between DeWitt and Iowa City for the day Wanna Detect

Leaving Chicago early morning.
    Starting off in the Dewitt area then heading West towards Iowa City.

Anyone in that area that might want to meet up and do some detecting on that Friday Morning?

I'm going to try to hit some old schools that are long gone.
    Plans are to do some door knocking at some farms to find the owners of the land where the schools were.

My goal is to find a Seated coin..Hope I can.....

PM me if you would be interested and we can talk.

I'm usually in the IL section but thought I'd see if any IA detectorist might be interested

GOTTA LOVE THIS HOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Happy Hunting from Des Plaines IL ( D P Bob )

us
    Freelance Artist/Former 12Bravo/21Bravo

Oct 2007
    Iowa
    Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
    7 times

Re: Heading to IOWA May 15th. Between DeWitt and Iowa City for the day Wanna Detect

Unfortunately I will be at work. Sounds like a great time. Hope someone can go.
    http://JasonGirardArt.com

Combat Engineer * 2006-2014 * "Operation Enduring Freedom" * Afghanistan * 2010-2011
    2nd Brigade * 34th Infantry Division * 832nd Combat Engineer Co.
    Attached to 113 Cavalry/Task Force RedHorse

us
    Mar 2009
    Dave, Central Iowa
    Minelab E-Trac
    2 times

Re: Heading to IOWA May 15th. Between DeWitt and Iowa City for the day Wanna Detect

Bob,

Did you get some hunting in today or did you get rained out? I was going to get ahold of you to meet up but the forecast kind of made me stay inside.

Hope you got a few keepers between the raindrops.

HH,

Dave

us
    Apr 2006
    DES PLAINES IL
    AVATAR: MY Wife Saying.... "Your going Metal Detecting
    257 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

got out a little

Got the number of the land owner where an old school from 1874 once stood. Land is planted so I'll call him later on.
    Stopped in a small town, to eat, coming home with my Son and got to talking to a farmer. Got his number for hunting his land.
    He had an old school on his property and it was moved. He's going to talk to some of his friend and make arrangements
    for me to detect their proprieties. I said I would call him in advance and let him know when I'll be back out.

I did get to do a 1900's house for a short time. Only got a 1917 wheat and some junk.

RAIN RAIN  it sucked

Where you at? 

Hit some parks in Iowa City between the rain.. No Keepers....

GOTTA LOVE THIS HOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Happy Hunting from Des Plaines IL ( D P Bob )

us
    Mar 2009
    Dave, Central Iowa
    Minelab E-Trac
    2 times

Bob,

I am southeast of Des Moines about a half hour. I am about 2 hours from Iowa City. Let me know when your coming back this way and maybe we can hook up to hunt. I have had limited time to hunt this month with the rain and trying to catch up in the shop.

Wish the rain would have stayed away for you though. There are some good areas over there to hunt from the sounds of it.

HH,

Dave

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links