Lost in Ballyhannis

wespro

Aug 3, 2011
While on a visit to my niece and her family I somehow drop my wedding ring in a field in the town of Ballyhannis. I was already running late for the airport and had to give up the search for the missing treasure. My wife of course is quite upset at me but, this is the reason for my writing, it's a keepsake for the 40 years we have been married. It is 14k gold and I would love to have it back.
If someone could make a suggestion on how to find it or someone I could contact close to that town I would be in your debt.

I do need help....

kajo

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't see a lot wrong with the quoted text i just wish the parks would allow more access.
Maybe if we had a small yearly licence fee that came with an undertaking not to intentionally detect near archaeological sites.
It may help to secure the hobby more in Ireland and allow for future reasonable negotiations.
To alienate such passive hobby the way Ireland has especially in these harsh economic times is over the top.

Do not detect anywhere near archaeological sites.
Do not detect on anyone's land without permission
Observe the basic courtesies of the countryside by closing gates and not damaging crops.
If you find an archaeological object - or site - report it immediately to your local Garda station or to the National Museum of Ireland. Phone 1890 MUSEUM (1890 - 687386)
If you are uncertain of the area you want to detect, contact your local Garda station for advice.
For More Information...
Relevant literature on the subject is the National Monuments Act of 1930, and the amendments to it in 1954, 1987, and 1994. Copies of these documents are available from the Government Publications Office in Molesworth St, Dublin 2.

New Website Irish Metal Detecting
http://irishmetaldetecting.com/
Feel free to drop by and post a comment all advice welcome good or bad.

Thanks

banner.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread