ireland... lost

able_walker

Jun 25, 2007
Not from Ireland but I firmly believe that if they offered a reward system they would see many fine historical artifacts brought forward.As it stands right now if someone finds something valuable do you think they are going to turn it in...not bloody likely.Strict laws have the opposite effect in my view..I give enough to the government thank you very much.I'm of the opinion that if some patient metal detectorist didn't find it well it ain't never going be found.

AndyIreland

Greenie
Aug 13, 2008
Carlow
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
It pretty much says they can't convict you if you can't prove you were not looking for archaeological finds. You'd have to prove you were only searching for coins/jewellery and i don't think theres anyway you can do that :icon_scratch:

pat1011

Jun 28, 2008
Limerick
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer II
AndyIreland said:
It pretty much says they can't convict you if you can't prove you were not looking for archaeological finds. You'd have to prove you were only searching for coins/jewellery and i don't think theres anyway you can do that :icon_scratch:

It is fairly easy. Have contract signed by farmer that he require your help in locating his wife`s diamond engagement ring which she lost in that his field when checking on cows, lambs, potatoes (pick one).... Have written there, that he will pay you in milk, cheese, potatoes, T-bone steaks (choose what is appropriate depend on what is farm is specialized)...
I want to see them to prove in court that you were after archaeological artifacts. :laughing7:

ronbyrne

Feb 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best thing about this law, is that it is the only one in the FREE world that considers a person "Guilty" until proven "Innocent" I would love to see this one taken to the European courts. It would be ripped up, kicked out and buried so deep that they could spend the rest of their lives trying to dig that on back up ! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread