Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
"The Tombstone has the threadbare story of the mine with the iron door, located in the Canapea mountains. When tradition fastened the iron door to the mine of fabulous riches, iron doors were more scarce than gold mines."

~ Arizona Weekly Citizen (Tucson, Ariz), May 01, 1886

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo
The treasure of Sacambaya, is supposed to have a great iron door, according to the San Roman document

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The treasure of Sacambaya, is supposed to have a great iron door, according to the San Roman document

Alan,

Can you provide one document of the times that gave the name of San Roman as being in Bolivia or Peru for the Jesuit Order?

Mike

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Alan,

Can you provide one document of the times that gave the name of San Roman as being in Bolivia or Peru for the Jesuit Order?

Mike

Hello Mike
I got the information from an old book titles “Lost Treasures of the World”
I copied the document from that book, so it probably has many errors, my interest was in the way it was worded, it seems to contain a cipher.
I posted the San Roman document, as I got it from that book on another post here, I will get the specifics of my source and post it for you.
best regards
alan

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Alan,

Mike
Here is the book, the story is on page 112

Attachments

• 267ACF3E-1EF3-428B-800F-6548B77ED713.jpeg
    267ACF3E-1EF3-428B-800F-6548B77ED713.jpeg
    593.8 KB · Views: 280

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You who reach this place withdraw. This spot is dedicated to God Almighty and the one who dares to enter, a dolorous death awaits him in this world and eternal condemnation in the world he goes to. The riches that belong to God Our Master are not for humans. Withdraw and you will live in peace and the blessing of the Master will make your life sweet and you will die rich with the goods of this world. Obey the command of God Almighty our Master in life and in death. In the name of God the Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So, you must be familier with this

Attachments

• C791FFDF-CA77-4B66-B222-503368319512.jpeg
    C791FFDF-CA77-4B66-B222-503368319512.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 251

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
So, you must be familier with this

For those interested in visiting Rennes-le-Chateau and the Church of Mary Magdalene: unless you have a car or can find a taxi (good luck with that), it’s a four kilometer walk up the hill from Couiza. Plan accordingly.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
This is quite an intriguing legend, some folks are highly skeptical of it on various grounds. Perhaps we can lay some of those doubts to rest.

Firstly, the presence of gold in the Canon del Oro is not only well established but easily proven. There is every reason to believe that a lode gold mine could exist in the mountains, that perhaps was the source of some of that placer. Or perhaps it is not related to that placer deposit at all?

Next, an iron door is far from impossible.

_MG_2234_big.JPG

This one is perhaps the very one referred to in the 1930s CA story

006+DSC_0049+%u00252528Copy%u00252529.JPG
Can you see it? Here is a closer shot - this is in Joshua Tree national monument by the way

007+DSC_053+%u00252528Copy%u00252529.JPG

While an iron door certainly would have been trouble and expense, it is far from impossible and actually would be a logical way to try to seal up a particularly rich mine to keep people out. The padres were not stone age men, they were highly educated for their time and certainly could have obtained the iron for the door. In fact an iron BOUND door would be much more likely and easier to have built by a blacksmith or the padres themselves if they had blacksmithing abilities.

In sum, this is far from the most unlikely of lost mine tales, it is rather more than just possible. Considering the placer of Canada del Oro, it is quite likely that a lode gold mine might be hidden in the recesses of the mountain, in a relatively inaccessible place, to be happened upon by hikers and hunters occasionally over the centuries. It is more likely than having a number of different people making up virtually identical tales of accidently finding a well hidden mine sealed by an iron door, and then being unable to find it again.

This reminds me of a little 'project' I had intended to do here, for folks who doubt how a mine could be lost at all. I don't have the time to do it tonight but will try to do it soon, something to illustrate how a mine can be so well hidden by nature alone, that you can literally pass within ten feet of it and not be able to see it.

Please do continue;

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hola sdfia

Sounds like you have visited the place? Is it worth a visit?

Mal
Hey, Mal.

Yes, For me it was worth a visit. It’s sort of “ground zero” for a lot of highly intriguing treasure lore. That part of France is interesting and beautiful in its own right, so you can’t really go wrong. It’s also the region where the catlick church carried out the crusade that exterminated the Cathers in the early 1200s - a bad time for free thinkers. There are some handy little local trains into a lot of that terrain, but having a car is a good idea in those foothills and remote villages.

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This reminds me of a little 'project' I had intended to do here, for folks who doubt how a mine could be lost at all. I don't have the time to do it tonight but will try to do it soon, something to illustrate how a mine can be so well hidden by nature alone, that you can literally pass within ten feet of it and not be able to see it.

Please do continue;

Don't keep us in suspense - spill the beans!!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Don't keep us in suspense - spill the beans!!

Well I need to clear it with you (for one) before posting any of it, and it might be something more suited for a magazine article or a blog post. Not sure where it would fit in the forums.

Please do continue;

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I need to clear it with you (for one) before posting any of it, and it might be something more suited for a magazine article or a blog post. Not sure where it would fit in the forums.

Please do continue;
No need to clear anything with me - I am fine with whatever you choose to write!:occasion14:
Btw, pics/vids are on their way - finally ... had it returned for insufficient stamps :-(
(Who the heck knows that a small (very small) bubble envelope qualifies as a package?)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread