OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A partner of mine was investigating Ron Quinn and his crew looking for answers to where Ron had found his treasures and whom he had partnered with himself during this period from 1980 until the mid 1990's. I suggested he find and question one of the surviving members that he hunted with. My partner did some research and found his phone number. He called and found out this person was deceased. But, his widow decided to allow him access to the archives of her late husband. I went with him on the first meeting and it went well. He speaks fluent Spanish and I don't so this made me more of a spectator. I was polite and mostly kept to myself only helping by photographing the pages of Petroglyphs containing Spanish treasure maps of the many sites the group investigated and dug. This deceased person had quite and archive! On the next visit I couldn't make it with my friend as I has to work late. I was upset to learn the next day the surviving family member asked I not accompany him to any more visits.

I cannot explain exactly why. I was only there a few minutes, but, I believe it may have had possibly something to do with the fact I don't speak Spanish. This made me a bit upset at first. I soon got over it and decided the information that was being provided was very suspect and possibly not as revealing as I thought. The archive the LWTT provided was not as extensive and informational as the one Ron Quinn had left me before he passed. It gave some revelations about the mindset of the group of Treasure Hunters back then. I'll refer to them as the long winded Treasure talkers. LWTT.

The group of LWTT's include a Mr Pate, Ortiz, and others that were involved with the decoding of the Treasure of Tumacacori map which I now know is not what anyone thinks it is. The true map has yet to be seen. The LWTT group talks of this map on many days of audio tapes and explains the symbols as being Aztec. In reality they were utilizing the map and searching for the Treasures of the Aztecs!

I have some audio of the many days of recording they all did explaining the daily mundane life of a Treasure Hunter attempting to make sense of advanced symbols and signs they had no way of comprehending at that time before computers were connected to world wide archives of historical information at ones finger tips. I'll see if I can upload and some how post a teaser of the audio. All of the people on these tapes are now passed.

I'll post it later. We continue to search for other important spots near Elephant Head butte and in the Tumacacori Mountains. Some of these locations were excavated by backhoe for treasure and some by pick and shovel. One location near the butte is were the Quinn brothers unearthed a cache of Gold Bars locate by petroglyph drawings on the black rocks. The same sort of maps I discovered in 2001.

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A partner of mine was investigating Ron Quinn and his crew looking for answers to where Ron had found his treasures and whom he had partnered with himself during this period from 1980 until the mid 1990's. I suggested he find and question one of the surviving members that he hunted with. My partner did some research and found his phone number. He called and found out this person was deceased. But, his widow decided to allow him access to the archives of her late husband. I went with him on the first meeting and it went well. He speaks fluent Spanish and I don't so this made me more of a spectator. I was polite and mostly kept to myself only helping by photographing the pages of Petroglyphs containing Spanish treasure maps of the many sites the group investigated and dug. This deceased person had quite and archive! On the next visit I couldn't make it with my friend as I has to work late. I was upset to learn the next day the surviving family member asked I not accompany him to any more visits.

I cannot explain exactly why. I was only there a few minutes, but, I believe it may have had possibly something to do with the fact I don't speak Spanish. This made me a bit upset at first. I soon got over it and decided the information that was being provided was very suspect and possibly not as revealing as I thought. The archive the LWTT provided was not as extensive and informational as the one Ron Quinn had left me before he passed. It gave some revelations about the mindset of the group of Treasure Hunters back then. I'll refer to them as the long winded Treasure talkers. LWTT.

The group of LWTT's include a Mr Pate, Ortiz, and others that were involved with the decoding of the Treasure of Tumacacori map which I now know is not what anyone thinks it is. The true map has yet to be seen. The LWTT group talks of this map on many days of audio tapes and explains the symbols as being Aztec. In reality they were utilizing the map and searching for the Treasures of the Aztecs!

I have some audio of the many days of recording they all did explaining the daily mundane life of a Treasure Hunter attempting to make sense of advanced symbols and signs they had no way of comprehending at that time before computers were connected to world wide archives of historical information at ones finger tips. I'll see if I can upload and some how post a teaser of the audio. All of the people on these tapes are now passed.

I'll post it later. We continue to search for other important spots near Elephant Head butte and in the Tumacacori Mountains. Some of these locations were excavated by backhoe for treasure and some by pick and shovel. One location near the butte is were the Quinn brothers unearthed a cache of Gold Bars locate by petroglyph drawings on the black rocks. The same sort of maps I discovered in 2001.

Sounds like an adventure!
- Weekender

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Photo's from the search for Montezuma's Gold. The Map on top is from the previous audio. But it's not the same one. There must be another map not discovered yet.

ArkGrailMapofDominus.jpg

View attachment 1886817

View attachment 1886818

View attachment 1886822

View attachment 1886825

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Some Photo's from the search for Montezuma's Gold. The Map on top is from the previous audio. But it's not the same one. There must be another map not discovered yet.

View attachment 1886828

View attachment 1886817

View attachment 1886818

View attachment 1886822

View attachment 1886825

Back in the days of film cameras. I've got a couple shoeboxes full of these kinds of prints too, as do many of us. I like to look at them occasionally - more for the memories than new epiphanies.

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The belief was those were part of the treasure of Tumacaori original map petroglyph symbol trail. They came from the archives of a not so famous thunter who was a partner of a famous thunter. They mean nothing to me either. Although I wanted to see the sites near Elephant Head in the Santa Rita range I haven't spend to much time there searching. The one cross on the split rock is the famous spot of Ron Quinn's gold bar find as told by him and his group that supplied the above photos. I have a collection of Rons Photo's including the famous split cross gold bar locator stone as does Mike on his old site 1oro1. Ron also said on occasion the other cross I posted was the site. He told many stories about the location of his find. Mainly down near the Mexican border as a default. In reality the cross was a large raised white carved rock cross with the Mayan numeric rock above it as per the rocky hill he has shown in his book. I've located that spot to. Its kind of hard to see on purpose. Large white cross blob near the middle. That find was just recently located and is exactly what Ron Quinn described to me as the true cross he used to find the gold bars many years ago. I used his old black and white photo's to locate the white cross site. The rocky hill looks identical to the other site I posted a color photo of in this thread. It's many miles away from that other site. So you see Ron had many stories of the location. When I find the Mayan Number rock that will be the "Epiphany" moment. I plan to fly there soon.

White Cross.jpg

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not questioning the validity of the Quinn recovery. I have it from an unassailable source who knew Quinn well that it happened all right, but that the "Mayan connection" was just a security smokescreen of some sort cooked up by the man who buried the loot back during the Mexican Revolution. This man was allegedly a wealthy and capable Mexican rancher who was concerned that the Villalistas would confiscate the bullion from his property, so he buried it in the USA and mapped out the clues using Mayan mojo. This makes much more sense to me than "the Mayans did it", which is a rare if not unique meme in SW treasure lore. "Aztecs"? A possibility, I suppose - but "Mayans"?

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have really done your research on this I like the last group of photos you posted.

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update. Last weekend I went to the site of the white cross and discovered it was basically nothing. It never required a drone flight. I was able to drive right up to it and hike the hill. Just another smoke screen set up to lead one astray.
The first photo of Ron Quinn's hill is the best bet at this juncture. I'm planning on piloting more flights around Elephant Head.

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the last post I accidentally hit the enter button before it was done.
After flying Elephant head butte I plan to fly the first location again and possibly hike it as my leg gets better.
I have a friend that's interested in finding the treasure site location so I'm helping him while satisfying my own curiosity.

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another update.

I was showing off my skills on my Rokon 2x2 on Christmas day and nailed my tail bone with the cross bar!

This was a bit of a set back. I'm still in pain. Good news is its not broken just bruised. My partner just flew in last night and wants to go hike the first site of the treasure find from 1985.
The site I droned and photographed earlier.

He's located an original document used by these earlier Treasure Hunters back in 1985 an earlier for locating the Treasure of Tumacacori.
He plans to have it carbon dated. In the mean time we'll be making some copies un- modified to compare to all known public copies circulating on the web.

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the latest entry from my journal and a few photo's.

20210121_072828_resized.jpg

20210117_141329_resized.jpg 20210117_141326_resized.jpg 20210117_141323_resized.jpg

Cave site above with my hiking partner on top. Cave is just to the right of peak he's standing on. This is not Cerra Pelon.

20210117_142454_resized.jpg 20210117_143517_resized.jpg 20210117_143338_resized.jpg

First photo is a sun projection. Made by Hands of the Warlock. You can see his boney fingers above and below the sun sign and a head between. Second photo is a simple head and face monument. Third is a snail monument meaning slow down and look close to the ground or down. Right behind the Snail was the sunlight sign. Wrong time of year and day for viewing so it has no focus as a viable sign or symbol. Possibly a bird for direction.

20210117_153346_resized.jpg 20210117_153357_resized.jpg 20210117_160450_resized.jpg 20210117_160539_resized.jpg
Cross on rocks, stone tablet, Easter Island.

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the latest entry from my journal and a few photo's.

View attachment 1896089

View attachment 1896097 View attachment 1896098 View attachment 1896099

Cave site above with my hiking partner on top. Cave is just to the right of peak he's standing on. This is not Cerra Pelon.

View attachment 1896100 View attachment 1896101 View attachment 1896102

First photo is a sun projection. Made by Hands of the Warlock. You can see his boney fingers above and below the sun sign and a head between. Second photo is a simple head and face monument. Third is a snail monument meaning slow down and look close to the ground or down. Right behind the Snail was the sunlight sign. Wrong time of year and day for viewing so it has no focus as a viable sign or symbol. Possibly a bird for direction.

View attachment 1896110 View attachment 1896111 View attachment 1896112 View attachment 1896113
Cross on rocks, stone tablet, Easter Island.

AzQuester,

You've been busy!
Here's hoping!
-Weekender

warbike39

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to direct message you about this subject but cannot for the life of me to figure out how to do it. warbike39

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Click on the red underlined name and "Private Message" will be one of the options that drops down.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
dear god dude. keep your info to yourself. if you find what you seek move it, coinvert it into cash and get out of the area. mums the word guy.

Shockhazard

Mar 13, 2023
Northern AZ
Detector(s) used
Modded GPX 5000
GM1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all,
I just watched a video story about this treasure last week and it has me rolling with ideas. I set out on google earth to find the site yesterday and also found this thread. Thanks to the OP and the color picture which allowed me to verify my findings and I believe I have found the site. Now to plan a trip!
Any updates from the OP? hope you had some luck!

Attachments

• Quinn site.png
    Quinn site.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 30

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been a year since the last post. This area and further north has many cross's painter on the walls of cliffs, easy to get lost in the desert, but there is always hope for those seeking adventure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread