Treasure Trove Site found from 1984

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While looking through some old files in my basement I discovered an old map accidentally left to me by my dear departed friend Ron Quinn. The map fell out from between a stack of his papers I was throwing out with the trash.
This site has been searched for many years with no luck by anyone. The map Ron created has been around for a while. Ron passed them out to people as a joke. This map had a penciled in extension that Ron had written in I guess for me to discover after his passing. At the end on the map where Ron penciled in was a cross laid out on the ground where the location of his find was made! Using the map I was able to discover the site where Ron and his brother found the 82 pounds of Gold Bars! Below is a photo of Ron's Treasure site on the left. This is the photo taken by Ron himself of the site. The other is a earth map of the correct area. I'm planning an expedition soon. Although the treasure has been taken many have speculated that there could be more! The map has other secrets. Ron penciled in the area with the backed filled tunnel they found with more gold bars after searching for weeks.

View attachment RONS HILL2.bmp TREASURE BAR SITE.jpg

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any pictures of the 82 pounds of gold bars they originally found? What year did they find them?

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the map the real thing or a joke? What happen to the gold bars?

The map is real and after I'm done ill post it. The gold bars were sold to another treasure hunter. One bar his brother Chuck retained until he passed. I dont know what happened after he died.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the actual Map Ron made to find it. I only used google earth to verify it. Its pretty obvious though. Both sites are one in the same. I'm a boots on the ground person so I don't believe in GE treasure hunts either. This was found with a map. I plan on going there soon and will take some pictures of the cross and the Mayan number system he used.

Thx

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the actual Map Ron made to find it. I only used google earth to verify it. Its pretty obvious though. Both sites are one in the same. I'm a boots on the ground person so I don't believe in GE treasure hunts either. This was found with a map. I plan on going there soon and will take some pictures of the cross and the Mayan number system he used.

Thx

Being a boots on the ground type of treasure hunter to,I hope that your map and number system works out to locate more treasure what an interesting quest you have taken on.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Quinn's gold cache recovery actually occurred. Although the loot has been touted as a Jesuit stash, an extremely well-informed friend who knew Quinn and all other AZ searchers told me the gold was actually hidden by a wealthy Mexican rancher during the Revolution days who was afraid it would be confiscated during the conflict. I guess a Jesuit connection sounds better as it better keeps their mystique intact. Anyway, this was all discussed some years ago on one of the old TNet threads. I'd tell you which thread except that I don't keep my old posts and TNet doesn't allow one to search all of his old posts any more. Believe whatever floats your boat.

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quinn's gold cache recovery actually occurred. Although the loot has been touted as a Jesuit stash, an extremely well-informed friend who knew Quinn and all other AZ searchers told me the gold was actually hidden by a wealthy Mexican rancher during the Revolution days who was afraid it would be confiscated during the conflict. I guess a Jesuit connection sounds better as it better keeps their mystique intact. Anyway, this was all discussed some years ago on one of the old TNet threads. I'd tell you which thread except that I don't keep my old posts and TNet doesn't allow one to search all of his old posts any more. Believe whatever floats your boat.

You wrote the same thing last year in response to someone asking about his find. Ron and his fellow searchers had a pact to never divulge the location of the site. If the site or story is real I should find out soon enough. Ron told me about all the locations of his adventures in the1950s. I searched for what I had time for while working long hours.
I found the location of the Doorway of the Gods Ron's Indian time portal. Ron wrote about it in one of his articles. The location of the treasure site has always been one place I wanted to see and search. He told me once that once the news spread about the find they could never go back and search for more which they believed there was more bars at the site. I asked the man that cared for Ron in his last days on earth if had knowledge of the site. In typical style Ron gave him a vague description of the huge area it might be in. His care giver who is also a very respected well know professional Treasure Hunter had never heard of nor seen the map I found. He's also searched for the location as have numerous others. It may also contain the drill holes Rons talks of that lead to the tunnel vault with another stack of gold bars.

Last edited:

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wrote the same thing last year in response to someone asking about his find. Ron and his fellow searchers had a pact to never divulge the location of the site. If the site or story is real I should find out soon enough. Ron told me about all the locations of his adventures in the1950s. I searched for what I had time for while working long hours.
I found the location of the Doorway of the Gods Ron's Indian time portal. Ron wrote about it in one of his articles. The location of the treasure site has always been one place I wanted to see and search. He told me once that once the news spread about the find they could never go back and search for more which they believed there was more bars at the site. I asked the man that cared for Ron in his last days on earth if had knowledge of the site. In typical style Ron gave him a vague description of the huge area it might be in. His care giver who is also a very respected well know professional Treasure Hunter had never heard of nor seen the map I found. He's also searched for the location as have numerous others. It may also contain the drill holes Rons talks of that lead to the tunnel vault with another stack of gold bars.

2 sources for those who want to read more about Quinn's find. "Treasure" magazine story and Ron's book titled "Searching for Arizona's Buried Treasures". ronbullionmagazine.jpg

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While looking through some old files in my basement I discovered an old map accidentally left to me by my dear departed friend Ron Quinn. The map fell out from between a stack of his papers I was throwing out with the trash.
This site has been searched for many years with no luck by anyone. The map Ron created has been around for a while. Ron passed them out to people as a joke. This map had a penciled in extension that Ron had written in I guess for me to discover after his passing. At the end on the map where Ron penciled in was a cross laid out on the ground where the location of his find was made! Using the map I was able to discover the site where Ron and his brother found the 82 pounds of Gold Bars! Below is a photo of Ron's Treasure site on the left. This is the photo taken by Ron himself of the site. The other is a earth map of the correct area. I'm planning an expedition soon. Although the treasure has been taken many have speculated that there could be more! The map has other secrets. Ron penciled in the area with the backed filled tunnel they found with more gold bars after searching for weeks.

View attachment 1855539 View attachment 1855540
Thats very interesting Azquester. Thanks for posting the photos and info.,nice work on finding the spot. I often wonder why it was buried so shallow. I belive i read it was like 20 inches,thats about three shovels of dirt. He may have had someone on his trail close by and had to hurry, or some kind of unforeseen occurrence . Keep us posted,thanks.

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Bars Discovered Here!

Drone Footage of
Gold Bar Treasure Hill
Site of Carved Stone Cross and Chiseled Mayan Number Rock
Over 200lbs of gold found at this site

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. Thats a great video, nice to see how the signs change form differant angles in a video. After seeing that video,it makes me wonder if the last person that did the cache had found a much older cache,did a melt down and remold of the gold. Thanks for sharing that video Azquester.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know what type of tree that is on the hill face it does not look familiar to me.

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know what kind of tree that is. I've not been there on foot yet. I flew the drone about a half mile to the site from on top a small mountain. I use the drone for a lot of Treasure Hunting now it saves time and boot wear. The drone is a Mavic 2 Pro with the extender kit and the bright screen extended range control hand set, no cell phone required. I believe it can go as far as 7 miles now at about 47mph. The battery is good for 2.5 hours on the handset and the Drones three batteries are about a half hour each. I have an FAA license for recreational filming. So about a 400 foot ceiling on flight. The handset has 500GB SD Card and the Drone 128GB. You can upload the Video or Pics by wifi direct from the hand set to a cloud or just pull the SD Card and pop into the computer for editing. The Handset also allows you to narrate the video as you fly with a built in Microphone.

Game changer for sure.

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right time and place for everything.

Now wasn't it.

Last edited: