Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If all you guys would post under the right fourm ... Fisher Research Labs.. instead of J.W.Fisher you might get some answers All you guys with the F2 F4 & cz's are in the wrong place...I never seen so many post in the wrong place......And then some will answer them in the wrong forum.. ??? ??? ???...I will not answer there questions unless they go to the right fourm....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy, I won't answer them anymore either. I figured most are newbies and don't know the difference not being familiar with the forum so I try to set them straight and answer the questions.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
Keppy, I won't answer them anymore either. I figured most are newbies and don't know the difference not being familiar with the forum so I try to set them straight and answer the questions.
Sandman .. If i see any more i will just answer ..Go to Fisher research labs if you want a answer.......... And Sandman i saw that is what you were doing....... I just could not see how many in a row 9 of them got in the wrong fourm............

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you mean first Texas instrument

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
you mean first Texas instrument
First Tex is ..Fisher lab .. or fisher detectors & Teknetics & Bounty hunter That is the 3 brands that First Tex makes.......................NOW Tesoro only makes Tesoro..........J W Fisher only makes J W Fisher..............Garrett only makes Garrett..........Whites only makes Whites.......Minelab only makes Minelab.......And they are all independent stand alone companies...... and first Tex has nothing to do with them.......

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but garret worked for Texas instruments/ at one time so that makes garret a Texas instrument were do you think garret .got his start.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charles Garrett worked for Texas Instruments and started his own company Garrett Metal Detectors. First Texas however is a corporation which owns many companies, like Keppy said.

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so garret bought an al ready existing company
great Scott
according to hiol old man garret developed his first detector out in his garage
Garret makes his money on the books he rights not the detectors he sale's

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Above I see a rather odd mixture of fact and fiction.

At least the part about J. W. Fishers and Fisher Research Labs being two different companies is correct.

--Dave J.
...... You missed the part were liftloop is a Whites rep......:laughing9:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I visited this site I couldn't believe how many people were posting on the wrong forum.
Marvin

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I own both :tongue3:

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For those who do not know the difference between Fisher Research Laboratories and JW Fisher detectors. Read these.
https://www.fisherlab.com/about.htm

History of JW Fisher Metal Detectors.
JW Fisher's Celebrates 50 Years of Innovation and Service

Fisher Labs patented the worlds first metal detector in 1931.
So by now they should know a fair bit about metal detectors after 87 years dontcha think?

Now everybody should be able to post in the correct forum.

Last edited:

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what next ...??? ban them for a month and if they do it again six months ? just for posting in thee wrong spot..gimmee a break...
?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread