Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking for some info on the single underwater earphone that slips under the mask strap or into the diver's hood made for the JW Fisher Pulse 6X and 8X detectors. Got a couple divers that want this setup for there excaliburs. Looks easy enough to make but any details would be a great help on setting up their machines for this. Having some endcaps made so Ikelite connector can be used to change out the clip on single speaker to the stock or custom headphones. One of the biggest questions I guess would be is it a speaker or a Piezo Buzzer. Both would work, but the Piezo Buzzer, I think will deal with the pressure better...Any input on design or tips would be welcome..........Thanks.......Obn/joe

Attachments

• SNAG-0023.jpg
    SNAG-0023.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 316

cfdfire

Feb 26, 2012
Jamestown
Detector(s) used
Fisher 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using this speaker for years Joe..Are they that expensive to buy ? I see no reason JW would sell you all you want as it is just a sealed bone conducting speaker,tc

cfdfire

Feb 26, 2012
Jamestown
Detector(s) used
Fisher 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is how I use mine..Putting it under a diving hood makes your head sore in 2 minutes..

Attachments

• IMG_0621.JPG
    IMG_0621.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 395
OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks cfdfire, great picture... I did see the price of there headphones at 199.oo and figured it be cheaper to make the single, Will have to give them a call...Where did you get the clip?.I do like that!!... Is it the shape that makes your head sore? I was thinking more of making it a Flat round disc, basically 2 round pieces of plastic, about 50mm , and about 5mm thick..with the Piezo buzzer as the speaker, then the cord..How long is your cord? Looks very short, I was thinking 3 feet, but yours looks shorter.......Thanks for the Post, a great help.............

Just checked out OS, nice stuff for sure, and I see the mask comes with the setup for the speaker/mic

Attachments

• SNAG-0021.jpg
    SNAG-0021.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 340

cfdfire

Feb 26, 2012
Jamestown
Detector(s) used
Fisher 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Joe, the speaker cord is deceiving...In fact it stretches to just under 10 feet long so it more than long enough.I upgraded my AGA mask a few years back with a new lens and the side pocket for the JW speaker.Both the lens and side pocket are made by a company called Ocean Technology Systems.
To me it a pain in the ass to have the speaker under my hood... the pressure from a good snug hood digs the speaker into the side of your head and does not make for a pleasant dive.I would think regardless of the shape you do not want anything under your hood except for your head.I dive for the pleasure and my 8X has been a blast to bring along.
Being comfortable with all my gear is priority number 1 in my book..The JW speaker transmits just fine to me outside the hood.Hope I have been some assistance and keep me posted,Take Care,Joseph

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Joseph for all the info and picture, a great help.. have a xcal coming in a month. Will post some pics when finished.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions