Fisher CZ3D,
Tesoro Tejon,
Whites 6000 di pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Detector Pro Pistol Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey All,

Here are are the videos that some of you were asking me to do to show a true comparison of these 3 detectors.

I have to break this into 2 threads as I can only post 5 Videos at a time.

I live in NC so the ground has red clay and ground can be ok.

We made a test bed with clad coins at various depths.

Depths were 6", 8" and 11".

I made sure ALL machines were ground balanced and noise cancelled if possible.

The tests finally prove what I should in my air tests.

Of the 3 machines:

CTX 3030: I most proficient at the CTX 3030. I have to come to know its language very well and know what I am digging 95% of the time. The draw back is the depth. I again can verify that the CTX does NOT go as deep as other machines. Its major advnatages are that it DOES let you know whats in the ground PROVIDED it is not too deep, it has GPS and can plot the finds you make on the GPS map and upload them to your PC to overlay them on Google Earth and it has the ability to have updates uploaded to the CTX for better performance. I just recently did the most recent update and it changed my pinpoint system and made it MUCH better. Major downside is.......you guessed it......WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!!

CZ3D: This machine I am getting better and better at it the more I use it. There is a DVD that you can get really help you with the use of the CZ as it is a very good and somewhat popular machine to those who have been in this for a while. The major plus to the CZ is that it is a Nickle magnet....seriously!!! Downside is the WEIGHT....it is really heavy with the large 11" coil, so I have to mount the box on a belt..PITA!!! There is a Mod so you can mount it under the shaft and have the display on the top, however I read it is a hard mod and you need parts.

Tesoro Tejon: I have to say I LOVE this machine and the Tesoro brand of machines. Out of all 3 I tested...the Tesoro was the CLEAR winner at depth. The more you use the Tejon the better you will become at knowing if it is a coin or not. It does have a large learning curve and is NOT just a beep and dig machine. The Tejon has a language all its own. You have to decipher the sound to gain a better idea of what is in the ground. It is soooooo light weight...I can swing it for hours with no problem. Lifetime Warranty to boot, wow I am sold!!! I plan on getting some more Tesoro units to fill my arsenal. Will be using Tesoros until the end.

Here are the 3 overviews of the 3:

ID'ing Learning Curve Depth Price

CTX 3030: GREAT MODERATE AVERAGE VERY HIGH

CZ3D: AVERAGE MODERATE GOOD MED/HIGH

Tesoro Tejon: AVERAGE HARD GREAT LOW/MED

Here are the videos from the Test Bed and I hope this helps any of you looking at any of these machines.

Just a side note I am not affiliated with any of these companies nor have a vested interest in one company or the other.......just a fair and honest comparison to show you the pros and cons of all three machines that I WILL keep and use.

Thanks for watching and HH.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video's, but this is the J.W. Fisher forum, for Pulse Induction detectors, not Fisher Labs.:coffee2:

OP
OP
Colosprings73

Colosprings73

Apr 17, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Fisher CZ3D,
Tesoro Tejon,
Whites 6000 di pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Detector Pro Pistol Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your right.....silly me I will have to change this.
Thanks for the heads up.

Hh

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've posted in the wrong places too.

HH,
Sandman:occasion14:

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Is a great set of Videos and some really good testing, It does not surprize me that the CTX fared less than the others, and in tough ground that's where it counts most, What I think is even more relevant is the choice of machines when you match the Cost Vs Ability, and of coarse the Tesoro has the speed to deal with any junk, I wonder how the F75 DST would go doing the same tests, either way like I said Great Videos and good work I thought that this thread needed to come back to life due to the lack of good comments,

well done.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason why there's not many comments here is because this is the JW Fisher forum for pulse induction detectors.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I noticed that in the 8" test bed the CTX in auto +3 was running at at 22-23 sensitivity. That means his soil is actually fairly mild. But for someone who claims to be proficient with the CTX, why was he allowing the machine to run at a lower level of sensitivity for a depth comparison when he could have put it in manual and cranked it up like he did with the CZ and Tejon?

Would be nice if the mod could send this one to the Head to Head Comparisons forum.

AlanTN

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tejon is a depth monster - it should be run power balanced to slightly negative in disc mode to get max depth.
The beauty of the Tejon is that you can thumb the GB easily from a chatter free power balanced to slightly negative and really bring deep targets out of the ground.
A power balanced Tejon could hit all of those targets with the 5.75 concentric coil as well, no need for the big coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread