Dealers in NY and NJ

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. :hello: I highly doubt if you'll find these Pulse detectors in any stores or at many dealers as these are not for the hobbist hunter. PI's don't disc iron well and you'd be digging huge holes for hair pins.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
D
Mar 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. :hello: I highly doubt if you'll find these Pulse detectors in any stores or at many dealers as these are not for the hobbist hunter. PI's don't disc iron well and you'd be digging huge holes for hair pins.

Thanks Sandman...Which models would you recommend for regular use underwater with scuba, shallow water and beach detecting? Also I would be interested to know more about the Pulse 8X as generic dealers such as scuba.com and leisurepro do not stock any other detectors for underwater use.

Thanks!

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you're gonna need a Minelab Excalibur II. ;)79

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dived in fresh and salt water with the Excal, CZ-20 (CZ-21) now, Sand Shark, Tiger Shark and Fisher 1280. The 1280 and Tiger Shark are better in frehwater being only single freq. detectors. I really like the CZ 20/21 and the Excal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D
Mar 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excal 1000

I have dived in fresh and salt water with the Excal, CZ-20 (CZ-21) now, Sand Shark, Tiger Shark and Fisher 1280. The 1280 and Tiger Shark are better in saltwater being only single freq. detectors. I really like the CZ 20/21 and the Excal.

Thanks again Sandman, Found the Fisher CZ-21, but can't find the Excal 1000 (unless you are referring to Minelab Excalibur II). Could you please point me in the right direction to find these details?

Cheers!

OP
OP
D
Mar 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ace350, this one look a lot less bulky and lighter than the Pulse 8X

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome.
The Excal 1000 Sandman is talking about is the older version of the Excalibur II. They are basically the same machine except I believe the Excal II has better shielding from EMF.

I'm sure the owner of The Gold Digger store I told you about could tell you more. I believe he has both in stock. So give him a call to see if he is open this weekend and go in and compare both side by side. The store is up in Bridgewater NJ.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions