White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the J.W. Fisher forum for PI's. You will get the F75 guys in the Fisher Labs forum.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aside from the wrong forum - the F-75 is a relatively easy detector to use if you leave it at the factory defaults - and it is easy to "undo" everything and get back to defaults.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just be aware that bit's not the lightest machine. 3.5 lbs. I can swing a 2.5 and 2.9lb all day, everyday, but 3.5 lbs takes some getting used to. I have a homemade harness that makes the weight neutral and now I just swing it left & right.

The f75 is very easy to learn. I am a coin shooter and mainly hunt in PF mode, disc out 1-25 (iron & foil). select a quiet frequency (7 frequencies to choose from). If I swing over an iffy repeatable signal I switch to boost mode to get a better VDI. I also hunt in 4H tone. You can start hunting in the default mode without any issues. This thing still goes deep even if you are running 60-65% sensitivity. I highly recommend that you get one that is new or an older model that was upgraded with the DST mod.

Last edited:

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just receive a new F75 Special Edition on last night - however I had down loaded the owner's manual and have read it several times - watched videos and read on forums & different sites how people like to set them up. Seems to be very little learning curve for me. The F75 is a real beast in the bP (Boost Process) mode. I will have my first outing this week end. I say buy it and learn it - I buy MD's made in America!!! I bought mine from Metal Deting Stuff - made me a deal I could not pass on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread