Help for new detector

FindsBuddy

Nov 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello, i am undecided to the Fisher f70 or Fisher f19, i can get them for almost the same price (90 bucks difference)
I like all the things that the f70 include, in particoular this is sold with a 11DD.
I like the f19 too but i have read that is not so good on hight sensitivity coins (and i mostly hunt for coins) the user manual even say that's a relic detector which makes me thinks alot.l

Any suggesstion or good alternativet to these two?

Thank you

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are a coin shooter like myself, I'd opt for the F70. I have swung the F4, was interested in upgrading to either the F5 or F70, but then I ran into a great deal for a F75LTDSE. You will like the 11" DD coil. By the way this is the wrong Fisher forum. You aren't the 1st to do it. What is your opinion of the Makro Racer?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also look at the Omega 8000 or just released 8500 if you're a coin shooter. The F-19 is an amazing detector in heavy iron, but not really designed for coin shooting. It certainly can be used for that but it only has 2 tones. You basically have to rely on vdi number to tell what coin is under the target.

The T2 Classic is another detector that is worth investigating. It has been re-released at $499 suggested retail.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know where an almost new F70 is for $370 if interested. Sent you a pm with link

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FindsBuddy

Nov 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello, sorry for posting in the wrong forum, indeed something looked strange to me, i apologize.
I really like the T2 classic and I could get it for about the same price of the f70 equipped with 11DD but I tought the f70 was a little deeper/better machine, i am wrong?
About the Racer, it is one of the worst machines i ever tried but that's just my opinion (i don't have it anymore) if you want to know why please drop me a pm.

Ty

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe you didn't get along with the Racer? It has been the rave over here in the US although I have yet to try one. I did have the "pleasure" of having to hunt in the vicinity of a Racer, in a bunch of iron, on a pay hunt where the guy for some reason refused to wear headphones!!! It wore my ears out and I was 30 yards from him.

The F-70 vs the T2 is more of a personal preference I think. The T2 is geared more towards relics having a wide iron range in its disc circuit and no notching.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FindsBuddy

Nov 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Fletch, the Racer have a bunch of stupid problems.
good machine, but way too bugged for my tastes.

I prefer do not talk about the Racer bugs in public.

Still not sure about the F70/T2 tonight I am gonna read the manuals carefully, looks funny but until now the machine who give me more satisfactions was the Fisher F5.

Thanks

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really strange because I have been following the whole unveiling of the Racer from the secret field testers through its release and will have to say Nokta/ Makro are the most customer driven company I have ever seen in any field of design and manufacturing. They have really strived to get the machines right based on customer feedback and making changes "on the fly", not in weeks or months but overnight, to accommodate customer requests. I guess to each his own, because hey I hated the ATPro but almost everyone else raves about them.

OP
OP
F

FindsBuddy

Nov 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe my Makro was defective. Pm me for more details.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Fletch, the Racer have a bunch of stupid problems.
good machine, but way too bugged for my tastes.

I prefer do not talk about the Racer bugs in public.

Still not sure about the F70/T2 tonight I am gonna read the manuals carefully, looks funny but until now the machine who give me more satisfactions was the Fisher F5.

Thanks

I was wondering why the F5 was in the graveyard. It's an excellent coin/jewelry machine that was my main for over 6 years. But newer technology and lack of memory made me move onward. For the reduced price of the T2, it seems to be the better of the two, even with the expanded iron range. Just my opinion because I like the trigger pinpointing feature over the F70, and they are basically the same machines. Either one would be an improvement over your past units, IMO.

OP
OP
F

FindsBuddy

Nov 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I was wondering why the F5 was in the graveyard. It's an excellent coin/jewelry machine that was my main for over 6 years. But newer technology and lack of memory made me move onward. For the reduced price of the T2, it seems to be the better of the two, even with the expanded iron range. Just my opinion because I like the trigger pinpointing feature over the F70, and they are basically the same machines. Either one would be an improvement over your past units, IMO.

Hi, i give away the F5 because i was excited about the new Makro, I regret that.
The F5 is an excellent machine once you understand how to use it.
What I did not liked so much about the F5 was the lack of the ability to save the settings, the F5 treshold is kinda unique but i prefer audible treshold, GB was sometimes a problem (not easy like using the trigger), depth wasn't impressive with stock coil.
Good machine, loved it until the end, i found more coins and rings with the F5 than any other machine.

I choosed the T2 Classic over the F70 because i really like the trigger and some other things it have (community too)-

Fb

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just an FYI, the T2 does not save setting. Not a biug issue, it should only take a few seconds top make your selections after you GB.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just an FYI, the T2 does not save setting. Not a biug issue, it should only take a few seconds top make your selections after you GB.

Yeah, I forgot about that. The F70 has memory. I'd still rather have the T2s trigger/price advantage though. Because of the mode settings on my LRP, I rarely need the memory.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a few nice opportunities to upgrade. But I still swing the F70.

I run a 10x12 SEF butterfly coil...

DEEP machine.

OP
OP
F

FindsBuddy

Nov 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I am concerned about the F70 software, expecially that thing about slow/fast swing. DE SE if i'm not wrong.
And also it looks to be a little bit complicated to use.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am concerned about the F70 software, especially that thing about slow/fast swing. DE SE if i'm not wrong.
And also it looks to be a little bit complicated to use.

It's no more complicated than the T2.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys, Guys, This is the J.W. Fisher PULSE INDUCTION forum.:occasion14:

Lets not confuse the newbies.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonder why the mods didn't relocate it, Sandman. They did that other one.

BTW- are you showing any interest in the new Deteknix SeaQuest when it comes out in a few months?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder why the mods didn't relocate it, Sandman. They did that other one.

BTW- are you showing any interest in the new Deteknix SeaQuest when it comes out in a few months?

Thanks, I never heard of it till now. I will check on it which I just did. I doesn't say how deep in the water it will operate. You know like the ATP was advertised as a beach detector but left out wet saltwater sand operation.???

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, I never heard of it till now. I will check on it which I just did. I doesn't say how deep in the water it will operate. You know like the ATP was advertised as a beach detector but left out wet saltwater sand operation.???

It looks like 30 meters according to this articles pic. It appears inexpensive for an underwater detector, and with some nice features and a decent coil. Worth a glance though. Rechargeable battery, charged with a USB. Most cars have those now. Components are made in China. But the assembly, QA, etc. are in Los Angeles.

Detenix-booth-696x392.jpg

https://www.deeperblue.com/deteknix-inc-launches-new-line-underwater-metal-detectors/

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread