Fisher CZ-20 wire issue

GeorgeC

Jan 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello To All Good Year to All!

Yesterday I bought a CZ-20 in working condition but not useable in water any longer.

From the Coil and up the casing of the wires is breaking apart, attached is picture of the coil which mearsures 10.5" across round.

I live in Canda and don't like the idea of sending it to Fisher as the cost will be much greater.

I found one of the images on this fourm that shows four wires attached to the board. Yet from the coil I only see two wires.

Battery leak has corroded the female post but plan on repairing that.

Thank you,

George
I don't plan on submerging the control unit into water but the coil I would. I have read all posts pertaing to replacing Coil and more I hear don't do it.

Is electrical tape considered water proff if I were to rap the hole cable? WP_20170128_005.jpg
Is this normal? Can the coil be taken apart and wire repair of the casing use shrink I also added this image to show the extent of the wire cover failure nearest the Unit had been wrapped with electrical tape and at the unit where stress relif is has silicone
tube? WP_20170128_006.jpg

Well here is how I repaired it.

I took that stress relief off wound it with Teflon around the threads and over top onto the wire where it enters at wire I wound electrical Tape 3M Vinyl all the way to the top. Where there was about four inches of no insulation cover after I had gone over with tape I cut piece off extention cord that was cut by hedge trimmer that I haven't repaired I exposed four inches of wire takingi that cover I cut that cover put it over that spot and retaped it.

I also repaired the damaged battery adapter

Attachments

• WP_20170128_001.jpg
    WP_20170128_001.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 180
  • WP_20170128_002.jpg
    WP_20170128_002.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Repaired.jpg
    Repaired.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Taped.jpg
    Taped.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Teflon and Tape.jpg
    Teflon and Tape.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't help but this is a Fisher Research Labs Brand so you are posting in the wrong manufacturer forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread