Fisher F75 - what do you think?

Ceredox

Sep 21, 2015
MA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a, Troy Shadow X2, White's Coinmaster 6000D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been detecting since I was about 13. I’ve had Tesoro, Have a Shadow x2, I’ve tried White’s. I haven’t bought a new detectors in about 20 years. I currently have my fathers Old Fisher CZ-6a. It still rips. It goes very deep and is powerful. Thing works great, I know it well and I do just fine with it. But it’s very heavy, has an analog meter. I think it’s time I upgrade. I’m impressed with fisher and I know the tones well. I’d like to stay with Fisher if possible. How does this F75 compare? Is it on the same plane, performance-wise as the Cz-6a? To be honest I’m not willing to spend $1000+ on a detector because, while the options are impressive, it’s all about the detectorist behind it. So basically, will I get the same depth and performance with the F75 as I do with the CZ-6a? Anyone have any insight on this? Or does someone suggest a better option for that price range.

Thanks

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You wouldn't have to spend a grand the Fisher F75 + is a lot cheaper than that. I got a used F75LTD back in 2014 and am still swinging it. I wish the price was as low as it is today, when I pulled the trigger a new one was $999. The f75+ comes with a digging tool and pin pointer for only $649.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love mine. I have one of the first out (Spring 2007) that has been back to the factory twice for available upgrades. Very nice they offer that option!

Like Loco-Digger said - they have come down in price since I bought mine as well. Still doing all I need for coin shooting. You can use it simple or tweak the most out of it. Very flexible that way.

As far as depth vs. the CZ-6a . . . probably not any better in all honesty. CZ-6 was a darned good detector. But I will go so far as to say speed and discrimination, target separation is much improved. If you hunt near trash and iron junk you'll see a difference. The F-75 rewards a fast sweep so you can cover ground faster but still well.

Note it is made by Fisher Research Labs - not J.W. Fisher (different company entirely).

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread