MXT to F75 ???

Willy

I'd say "stick with the MXT". If the F75 were to sell in the $600 range, it would be worth getting. As it is, it's way overpriced (IMHO). If you plan to prospect, stick with the MXT. A better alternative to the F75, and a 'step up' from the MXT would be the XTerra 70. ..Willy.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What do you think?

I think you posted in the wrong forum. :D J.W. Fisher makes underwater detectors. The F-75 is from Fisher Research Labs.

I've had my F-75 for 9 months. I like it a lot. Fast, light, has WIDE ranges of adjustment and that is IMHO where folks are getting into trouble. If you have a situation where the sensitivity can't handle a setting over 45, then setting it at 90 will make the detector almost useless because of the falsing.

I'm digging 7" nickels and 8" dimes and that makes my day. Overpriced at $934.15? Perhaps. I think they may have made some decisions on the side of lightness vs. Russian Durability (when in doubt, make it 2X heavier than it needs to be). Mine came with the dust/rain covers, an F-Point pinpointer, free shipping, the dealer also tossed in a coil cover and a Rattler headphone (which I really like). It has proved to be rugged enough (though I don't beat my electronic equipment of any kind up, generally) and in the summer I use it daily during lunch breals at a local park - which can mean some hot days in my car before & after. No ill effects. Haven't broken anything. It's still "hot" but controlable.

Fisher just offered an upgrade to make the cases "environmentally sealed" and beef up the trigger and hand-grip; and something with the battery compartment to improve contact. Shows they are continuing to improve the design and listening to the users in the field.

Can't say it is pretty, but the 11" Double-D coil seems to cover a good slice of ground to a good depth.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Willy said:
I'd say "stick with the MXT". If the F75 were to sell in the $600 range, it would be worth getting. As it is, it's way overpriced (IMHO). If you plan to prospect, stick with the MXT. A better alternative to the F75, and a 'step up' from the MXT would be the XTerra 70. ..Willy.

AI agree with Willy the XTerra 70 or stay with the MXT.

If you don't need a meter and you don't mind a heavier machine and you don't live in Canada--get the Sovereign GT.

I have experience with the Fisher F70 with F75 coil. Again I say stay with the MXT!

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread