JESUIT TREASURES - ARE THEY REAL?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Frankn, the pueblo of Movas exists still , with a paved road. Go,Go. Here is an older map of the region.

View attachment 1109331

Hay, the mine is on your map! Have you checked it out? Frank five star.png
I am just trying to find out which of the mines have been checked out. There were 33 missions.

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I am not sure if information on this has been shared before.
It seems proof that the Order of Jesuits had some involvement in obtaining gold.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems proof that the Order of Jesuits had some involvement in obtaining gold.

From your iPad screen it seems you're looking at EAP's Eureka. Interesting choice.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
From your iPad screen it seems you're looking at EAP's Eureka. Interesting choice.
Sorry, that was sloppy work. Yes, it's a great read. I have been following someone through history and his trail has lead me to Poe's writing.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, that was sloppy work. Yes, it's a great read. I have been following someone through history and his trail has lead me to Poe's writing. I think that you would be fascinated with this man and his adventures. History, violence, sex, more sex, crime and treasure. And it's all true.

BTW - congratulations and best of luck to you with your television adventure!

I'd really like to know who that man is who you're referring to.

I think you have me confused with someone else re the tv thing - sgtfda, I presume.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I'd really like to know who that man is who you're referring to.

I think you have me confused with someone else re the tv thing - sgtfda, I presume.
I did. Once I hit 40 my eyes began to change. Ten years later they are no better. I am so sorry for the confusion! Still congrats to sgtfda. What is it about that work that interests you? It's not everyday reading for sure. I will PM the name.

PM seems not to work?

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I did. Once I hit 40 my eyes began to change. Ten years later they are no better. I am so sorry for the confusion! Still congrats to sgtfda. What is it about that work that interests you? It's not everyday reading for sure. I will PM the name.

PM seems not to work?

Oops ... sorry. Please try again.

I read Eureka quite a number of years ago and realized that Poe's ideas were probably 150 years ahead of his time - the stuff that quantum physicists dabble in now. I think I'll read it again. There's much food for thought in Poe's The Gold Bug too, regarding the methods of concealing treasure.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Hal, this is very interesting. Do you by any chance have a copy of the illustration attached to this description (plate 26)?

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Oops ... sorry. Please try again.

I read Eureka quite a number of years ago and realized that Poe's ideas were probably 150 years ahead of his time - the stuff that quantum physicists dabble in now. I think I'll read it again. There's much food for thought in Poe's The Gold Bug too, regarding the methods of concealing treasure.

You have mail.

The Gold Bug is a dangerous story. People who are prone to addiction should definitely not pick it up. For those who do, it really is a great introduction. I have a copy of the Treasure of the Sierra Madre that I pack with me. It's not the same type of work but, to be someplace similar, falling asleep with that book is about as close to the story as one can get. I never get past a few pages before I pass out. It's probably similar to a security blanket.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal, this is very interesting. Do you by any chance have a copy of the illustration attached to this description (plate 26)?

I can only post the first page of this article because of copyright laws. But it's available at jstor for those who do not already know about that online service. A word of warning... jstor does not take kindly to people violating their copyrights. Be careful with what you repost.

But it's an amazing tool.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
What makes Silvester Mowry a liar?

Crazy but he understood what it took to ultimately subdue the Apache.

“There is only one way to wage war against the Apaches. A steady, persistent campaign must be made, following them to their haunts – hunting them to the fastnesses of the mountains. They must be surrounded, starved into coming in, surprised or inveigled – by white flags, or any other method, human or divine – and then put to death. If these ideas shock any weak minded individual who thinks himself a philanthropist, I can only say that I pity without respecting his mistaken sympathy. A man might as well have sympathy for a rattlesnake or a tiger.”

And that's more or less what happened.

West Point graduate, intelligent, trusted. Someone with access to documents.
Someone so confident in their belief he has no reason to lie.

Not unlike Poe.

But this report continues to be ignored.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Is there something on that wall that proves Jesuit treasures are real?

goldriver

Mar 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think so..just wondering if anyone can see anything in the pictures.

goldriver

Mar 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw it while hiking in the mojave. I thought one sign looked like a cross. image(6).jpg

Attachments

• image(6).jpg
    image(6).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jesuit map of California dated 1770..
BB
Jesuit Map California.jpg

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the Jesuit Scholars on here that can translate many languages you'd think that they might have purposely overlooked this one little piece of paper? Or is it just plan old sloppy research?

Or listening to the Jesuit Fathers help pass on the misinformation?

You decide is this the smoking gun?

Look what I found here in the Archives of the Indies in just a few minutes of research?

Cleary a Church with Mining Tunnels running out from near it's doors underground with many shafts of ore being hauled up, Clearly!

View attachment 1135864

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread