Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys,,
I LOVE this stuff, although you "old timers" (hehheh) probably already knew about it.
Just thinking that it might fill that missing page or something.
All these "stories" and "legends/myths" all do have some truth to them. In my opinion, no one just sits around thinking this stuff up for amusement or deception.
People back in the day (from what I have learned) wrote and/or drew pictures to describe (to the limits of vocabulary and knowledge)the things they saw and observed around them.
Their world was actually rather monotonous out there in the desert I think. Not much "changes", so when they saw a "white bird" in the water or encountered other races of humans, they described the event
to the best of their abilities. Good examples would be the supposed ships in the Salton Sea or the canoe with the head of a serpent in the Anza-Borrego. The indigenous peoples saw this stuff and it was outside their world. So it was drawn or made into a myth. But in reality, they DID see exactly what was drawn.

HA, I love it when the "experts" attempt to explain the ufo/alien petroglyphs. They drew what they saw to the best of their abilities with the knowledge they have experience with. Simple as that.
The truth is being hidden from us and we all know it. At least when it comes to the history of us humanfolk. Just wish I had the time and resources to go and see this stuff for myself. Or to meet that one "desert-rat" that finally is willing to spill the beans about that event long ago that he witnessed. Maybe, just maybe this spring when I ride my bike from Pennsylvania to Washington state to see my new grandson I will take that dirt road turnoff and check one out.

THIS is the kind of stuff that should be saved. Then passed down through generations,,, hell, I could care less about Fakebook archiving. But this golden stuff,,, OH YEA,,,archive it.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys,,
I LOVE this stuff, although you "old timers" (hehheh) probably already knew about it.
All these "stories" and "legends/myths" all do have some truth to them. In my opinion, no one just sits around thinking this stuff up for amusement or deception.
People back in the day (from what I have learned) wrote and/or drew pictures to describe (to the limits of vocabulary and knowledge)the things they saw and observed around them.
Their world was actually rather monotonous out there in the desert I think. Not much "changes", so when they saw a "white bird" in the water or encountered other races of humans, they described the event
to the best of their abilities. Good examples would be the supposed ships in the Salton Sea or the canoe with the head of a serpent in the Anza-Borrego. The indigenous peoples saw this stuff and it was outside their world. So it was drawn or made into a myth. But in reality, they DID see exactly what was drawn.

HA, I love it when the "experts" attempt to explain the ufo/alien petroglyphs. They drew what they saw to the best of their abilities with the knowledge they have experience with. Simple as that.
The truth is being hidden from us and we all know it. At least when it comes to the history of us humanfolk. Just wish I had the time and resources to go and see this stuff for myself. Or to meet that one "desert-rat" that finally is willing to spill the beans about that event long ago that he witnessed. Maybe, just maybe this spring when I ride my bike from Pennsylvania to Washington state to see my new grandson I will take that dirt road turnoff and check one out.

THIS is the kind of stuff that should be saved. Then passed down through generations,,, hell, I could care less about Fakebook archiving. But this golden stuff,,, OH YEA,,,archive it.

Maybe so, but even us "old timers" had to start someplace.

You might also check into getting a book by Erle Stanley Gardner "Hunting Lost Mines by Helicopter."

Mike

OP
OP
H

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe so, but even us "old timers" had to start someplace.

You might also check into getting a book by Erle Stanley Gardner "Hunting Lost Mines by Helicopter."

Mike
=====================================================
Tell ya Mike,
If I EVER get the time to head out your way, you can trust you and I will be taking a ride in one.
And I would LOVE to have Lone Horse along as well. The complexity of the signs amazes me.
Out here in the East, at least where we live the history pretty much "stops" if you look further back than the 1600s.
NOT saying that is none there, but rather that is was not recorded very well.
I would love to have the opportunity to find and see such signs as is in the 4 corners and related areas.
To get face to face with it and try to decipher what the maker is telling you.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Hit & : I personally have no doubt that you will not find a better man for that than Mike ( unless of course it is ME, Oro, or the fuzzy bear etc. )

But be careful if you have a white Land Rover, he is partial to them. :laughing7::laughing7: :coffee2::coffee2:

OP
OP
H

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Hit & : I personally have no doubt that you will not find a better man for that than Mike ( unless of course it is ME, Oro, or the fuzzy bear etc. )

But be careful if you have a white Land Rover, he is partial to them. :laughing7::laughing7: :coffee2::coffee2:
==========================================================
Hey gmorning Tramp,,
:coffee2: ??
I do NOT own a white Rover.
BUT on the other hand I do own a WHITE TJ Jeep Wrangler. Fully kitted with plenty of lift, front and rear lockers, 4:56 gearing and all the other bits that is needed to go damn near anywhere I desire to go.
Alas,,, I do NOT have air-conditioning though.
But if I was living in the deep South West I would have it.
:icon_thumleft:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit, ya mean that you have a closed jeep?? Otherwise it sounds good.i Tire size and ribbing (foot print ) ?? For adobie you need chains, for sand a smooth tread, for general use, an aggressive tread, for roads ---, and so on .:laughing7::laughing7: :coffee2::coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit, ya mean that you have a closed jeep?? Otherwise it sounds good.i Tire size and ribbing (foot print ) ?? For adobie you need chains, for sand a smooth tread, for general use, an aggressive tread, for roads ---, and so on .:laughing7::laughing7: :coffee2::coffee2:
=========================================================
Ummmm,,,
Yea,,, we have all that good stuff.
Ready to go,, all I need to do is load the appropriate tupperware tubs for the type of terrain and whatnot.
I have 3 locking big locking tupperware tub things with each having the "appropriate" stuff for wherever.
We spend a bunch of time every year on the beaches in Delaware. Me fishing and MDing,,, the wife just reads n sips her rum..hehheh
So we have a tub with the stuff needed for down there. Like traction aids, sand traction strips, snap straps, clevises.
I have that one,,, and one for regular summer use here.
Then another with a full winter kit. LOTS of survival stuff there.
We can live 3 days (2 people) from any of the kits with out adding anything.
Toss it in and go. simple and fast

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ole timers maybe , but some great guys . All this knowledge is coming together to reveal something wonderful , the curtain has been torn down and the truth revealed, Revelation !!!
Guys,,

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P77,

All this has been loooong archived. Most people are just too lazy to go looking for it themselves. Some of the information is accessible only by knowing people that have it in their private collections. I am sure there are some smoking guns still hidden out there (in archives and private collections mostly).

Mike

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Once you know what a talus slope looks like you can spot them from over a mile away with 10X50's, at least I have more than once, even small talus slopes show up as they are not "natural" to the eye when you look for them. It is like seeing old trails and roads out in the hills from a long ways away. They are easier to see from a distance than up close, at least to me.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you know what a talus slope looks like you can spot them from over a mile away with 10X50's, at least I have more than once, even small talus slopes show up as they are not "natural" to the eye when you look for them. It is like seeing old trails and roads out in the hills from a long ways away. They are easier to see from a distance than up close, at least to me.

AUDIGGER,

You are right there. A talus slope is usually much lighter in color than the surface around it, but once you see it, there's no mistaking it. Just like an AUTHENTIC Spanish Sign/Symbol. You can guess & imagine all you want, but when you find a real one, you never forget it.

mountain tailings 1.jpg

That is from a set of mines in the Sheephole Mountains (North of Joshua Tree). Originally, the mines were Spanish/Mexican. You can tell from the entrances:

LowerMine3.jpg Mine1.jpg

It was "originally" a Spanish/Mexican Mine, because the entrances are little "rat holes". I found all the markers that led to them (they were all gunsights). They were later found and worked by Americans (first in the 1880s and later in the 1930s during the Depression). You can tell from the machine cut timbers in the mine itself:

LowerMine8.jpg

Mike

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I found a shaft in a small hillside just forth of Douglas, Az, had to duck walk into it. Took some samples from the face and tried showing it to a professor at UT. He had no idea what it was or that it was worth anything. Showed it to a prospector and he said it was Mercury in the rock. Reddish is color. Later heated it with a propane torch , and made sure there was a nice breeze blowing from my back. Flakes would pop off and nice light show, blue and yellow sparks. Found out a lot of Experts don't know that much.LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread