Interesting newspaper story

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh heck we can trust everyone reading this stuff right? I will let you in on the secret location - and DON'T tell anyone OK? [It is in ARIZONA! :laughing7: :thumbsup: Now SHHHHH! Keep that important detail secret at all costs! :tongue3:

That is a REALLY big pin, or a really small map.

:tongue3:

:coffee2::coffee2:

Coffee for Don Jose? beverage of your choice, Oro? I promise I won't use this information to go looking for it. I'm too busy looking for Peg Legs gold in SoCal.

JB

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
That is a REALLY big pin, or a really small map.

:tongue3:

:coffee2::coffee2:

Coffee for Don Jose? beverage of your choice, Oro? I promise I won't use this information to go looking for it. I'm too busy looking for Peg Legs gold in SoCal.

JB

HAY now amigo don't forget to fill up me mug with some of that java - and hopefully it was brewed with the "right" sock! :notworthy::notworthy:

Pegleg huh? Have hunted that myself, along with Mrs Oro and another partner, unsuccessfully. Have been thinking of talking to Loke about it too, although it is a very large area to hunt, I am 100% convinced the story is true, in its basic facts. Good luck amigo and I hope that when you find Pegleg's black gold, you will sell me a tiny nugget? One with some black crust still on it of course. :thumbsup: And please keep that detail about the secret location of where Loke, Mrs O and I have been searching, I know how good some people are at zooming in on a map or photo and that map (posted above) shows the exact spot! Unfortunately it has nothing to do with this topic whatsoever, there is no link to Jesuits in any way shape or form. So I will quit talking about it here.

Good luck and good hunting amigos I hope you find the treasures that you seek - and thanks in advance to everyone reading this for your keeping that detailed location map a secret for us! :thumbsup:

Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola sdcfia

My main stomping ground is the Pacific. Generally Southern Cross pointers in South pacific and Big dipper and pole star in Northern Pacific. That and old Polynesian navigation methods wind and waves and birds. Trouble is in higher polar or lower arctic regions is bad weather for sighting stars at night at sea. Even for compass bearings the closer to the poles in general the larger the magnetic variations to the compass. Thankfully it is still a requirement still for all masters and mates to be familiar with celestial navigation and remains as a requirement for their certificate of competency..

That said these days I am afraid I am rather lazy these days of GPS as my marine chronometer calculations are never as accurate as Global positioning System which can place you on the earth surface with in 3 meters. Although I still keep a marine chronometer as back up although I would Probably be out by more than a mile or two.:laughing7: I usually plot wind Speeds, knots dead reckoning from a fixed point along a nautical chart. Yes I am still old fashioned and still believe in drawing it on my paper charts. Not convinced computer logged map as my son is keen on if power fails you have no maps.

Celestial navigation is the use of angular measurements (sights) between celestial bodies and the visible horizon to locate one's position on the globe, on land as well as at sea. At a given time, any celestial body is located directly over one point on the Earth's surface. The latitude and longitude of that point is known as the celestial body’s geographic position (GP), the location of which can be determined from tables in the Nautical or Air Almanac for that year.

However you do pose a very intriguing question?

The North Ecliptic Pole is in Draco. Due to precession, the celestial pole moves in a circle around the ecliptic poles once every 25,800 years.

The ecliptic poles are (as of epoch 1 January 2000) at: (North) right ascension 18h 0m 0.0s (exact), declination +66° 33′ 38.55″

The orientation of the Earth's axis and equator are not fixed in space, but rotate about the poles of the ecliptic with a period of about 25,800 years, a process known as lunisolar precession, as it is due mostly to the gravitational effect of the Moon and Sun on the Earth's equatorial bulge. Likewise, the ecliptic itself is not fixed. The gravitational perturbations of the other bodies of the Solar System cause a much smaller motion of the plane of the Earth's orbit, and hence of the ecliptic, known as planetary precession. The combined action of these two motions is called general precession, and changes the position of the equinoxes by about 50 arc seconds (about 0°.014) per year.

I do have an old book of tables some quite well worn if I can find it on the "Drumbeat"

Here is rough table not as precise as a nautical almanac which constantly needs to be updated.

No. Name Mag. S.H.A. Dec. No. Name Mag. S.H.A. Dec.

1 Alpheratz 2.2* 358 N.29 31 Gacrux 1.6 172# S. 57
2 Ankaa 2.4 354 S.42 32 Alioth 1.7 167 N. 56
3 Schedar 2.5* 350 N.56 33 Spica 1.2* 159# S. 11
4 Diphda 2.2 349# S.18 34 Alkaid 1.9 153 N. 49
5 Achernar 0.6 336# S.57 35 Hadar 0.9 149# S. 60

6 Hamal 2.2* 328 N.23 36 Menkent 2.3 149 S. 36
7 Acamar 3.1 316 S.40 37 Arcturus 0.2* 146# N. 19
8 Menkar 2.8 315 N. 4 38 Rigel Kentaurus 0.1 140# S. 61
9 Mirfac 1.9* 309 N.50 39 Zubenelgenubi 2.9* 138# S. 16
10 Aldebaran 1.1* 291# N.16 40 Kochab 2.2 137 N. 74

11 Rigel 0.3* 282# S. 8 41 Alpheca 2.3* 127 N. 27
12 Capella 0.2* 281 N.46 42 Antares 1.2* 113# S. 26
13 Bellatrix 1.7* 279# N. 6 43 Atria 1.9 108# S. 69
14 Elnath 1.8 279 N.29 44 Sabic 2.6 103 S. 16
15 Alnilam 1.8* 276# S. 1 45 Shaula 1.7 97# S. 37

16 Betelgeuse var.* 271# N. 7 46 Rasalhague 2.1 96 N. 13
17 Canopus -0.9 264# S.53 47 Eltanin 2.4 91 N. 51
18 Sirius -1.6* 259# S.17 48 Kaus Australis 2.0 84# S. 34
19 Adhara 1.6 256# S.29 49 Vega 0.1* 81 N. 39
20 Procyon 0.5* 245# N. 5 50 Nunki 2.1* 76# S. 26

21 Pollux 1.2* 244 N.28 51 Altair 0.9* 63# N. 9
22 Avior 1.7 234# S.59 52 Peacock 2.1 54# S. 57
23 Suhail 2.2 223 S.43 53 Deneb 1.3* 50 N. 45
24 Miaplacidus1.8 222# S.70 54 Enif 2.5 34 N. 10
25 Alphard 2.2 218# S. 9 55 Al Na'ir 2.2 28# S. 47

26 Regulus 1.3* 208# N.12 56 Fomalhaut 1.3 16# S. 30
27 Dubhe 2.0 194 N.62 57 Markab 2.6 14 N. 15
28 Denebola 2.2* 183# N.15
29 Gienah 2.8 176 S.17
30 Acrux 1.1 174# S.63

* = Stars that are prominent for observers in the Northern hemisphere.
# = Stars that are prominent for observers in the Southern hemisphere.
Var. = Variable star, mag. = 0.1 to 1.2
- Note that many stars are visible North and South of the equator.

Anyway I hope it is of some help? It late and Drumbeat sails at day break.

Oh if you are looking for magnetic compass bearing taken back in time you have to consult magnetic variation tables going back to that time frame especially in the extreme north and south regions. If your hunting down the exact position today of a past celestial observation with a marine Chronometer taken from certain star in polar sky. You would have hunt down old tables of the that time and compare present table.

Browns Nautical Almanac is now in its 138th year of publication. Any almanac before 1883 is rare as hens teeth.

Kanacki
All These c ordinances are named for the earliest Explores like Cristo Draconi ,

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAY now amigo don't forget to fill up me mug with some of that java - and hopefully it was brewed with the "right" sock! :notworthy::notworthy:

Pegleg huh? Have hunted that myself, along with Mrs Oro and another partner, unsuccessfully. Have been thinking of talking to Loke about it too, although it is a very large area to hunt, I am 100% convinced the story is true, in its basic facts. Good luck amigo and I hope that when you find Pegleg's black gold, you will sell me a tiny nugget? One with some black crust still on it of course. :thumbsup: And please keep that detail about the secret location of where Loke, Mrs O and I have been searching, I know how good some people are at zooming in on a map or photo and that map (posted above) shows the exact spot! Unfortunately it has nothing to do with this topic whatsoever, there is no link to Jesuits in any way shape or form. So I will quit talking about it here.

Good luck and good hunting amigos I hope you find the treasures that you seek - and thanks in advance to everyone reading this for your keeping that detailed location map a secret for us! :thumbsup:

Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

No worries, Oro. Coffee it is, strained through the sock as usual. A shot of Oirish? Loke is lucky to be working with you and Mrs. Oro. Good luck on your searches as well, and, if i find more than one of the "black gold" nuggets, I'll send you a small one for free.

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

JB

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used Bowditch. (nothing like the best. But the best that I could come to, was a 1/2 mile, generally a mile ) I agree, too much confidence is placed upon electronics, which have a disturbing habit of failing when you need tham most

Similar to the checkout clerks who never had to remember their basic multiplication / division tables and can't function without a calculator or similar device.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used Bowditch. (nothing like the best. But the best that I could come to, was a 1/2 mile, generally a mile ) I agree, too much confidence is placed upon electronics, which have a disturbing habit of failing when you need tham most

Similar to the checkout clerks who never had to remember their basic multiplication / division tables and can't function without a calculator or similar device.

Yeah, and that is when you know where you. If you don't know where you are, you could be a lot further off than that. And I often was. I do like the electronics now days, but they do happen to malfunction at the worst possible times. Give me a map and a compass every time.

JB

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the service our American soldiers

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
See Oro? I told you that your secret location is safe in here :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Actually I was rather shocked that you would have mentioned it in public at all, since it has been kept completely confidential, we have not been trying to broadcast our work. We don't need or want the competition; it is a fact that there are people who scan our posts for any and all treasure information they can glean, some even working for corporations - and were quite happy to let everyone think we were out quietly looking for the LDM. Not what I expected from you amigo. :o :o :o

Now back to our topic - Interesting article on Jesuit treasure....

NO Oirish for Don Jose', I think he may have had a wee bit too much lately. :occasion14:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
I couldn't agree more!! :-)

Muchas gracias for the undeserved compliments, however the truth is the other way round - we are lucky to have Loke as a partner!

Don Jose el blabbermouth wrote
Oro, what secrets have I given away ??

Too much already! Unlike Tayopa, this is not "all sewn up" amigo.

Now about that article, ala Jesuits..?

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ala Jesuits, Sorry but you got my attention.
70992de07eb1398fcc993e254514ca64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello one thing I am sure of in this world is Kanacki ability to sail. my friends. Where ever there a wind and ocean you find Kanacki out there some where.

Cheers

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome back ya ole black bird! Nice to see your face again!
How's the wee one doing?

Hello Loke

The wee one ankle biter is an apprentice pirate in making wearing the feathers off his old dad. As for keeping out of trouble I am like a tide mark in sewerage farm. "Always in the sh-- but the level just varies!"

Crow

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Short stuf ===== Remember the old sailors bible,"Red sky at sunset, sailors delight, red sky in he morning a sailors mourning "????
I acutally saw that when I was in the Nave, and then we sailed through the middle of Hurricane Buella(Not sure on spelling) in 1966. It was also a Macrel sky, the clouds looked like the scales on a fish, stacked up, row after row.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread