Does anyone know how did they make the shadow signs.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I know how they did it. On the walls of the mountains or stone piles. They were at the top of their game. But they had to be taught. I believe the first step was the symbol carvings. They studied astronomy. So they had an idea where the sun would rise and set on any given day. The next thing they had to do was to look where they they wanted their message. They didn't just go out there and chip here and there. They knew what they had to do before they started. They had plenty of practice. I know they did because I have plenty of proof. Remember all those small stones I posted on here that some said they wouldn't use small stones. WELL THEY DID. All they had to do is use their camp fires or lanterns. They would make the basic shape. Then with the shadow from the light they used. It much easier to make a model that could be tested before ever climbing a hill. This is how I test my stones to prove they are what I say they are. The Jesuit's work is unique. They all have a their name on it. Only a trained eye will see. They usually put a lot of information on a singe stone.the larger monuments have it displayed over more than one stone. There is always a topo. If you know what to look for. Now that this secret is out. Let me here your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I have seen some shadow art, some of it indicating direction. Where I'm at, there was a small window, in the spring, last of March and first part of April, when the art can be seen. There was also a small window, late morning for half an hour, when the sun was high enough to shine on the south face of a bluff and reveal the art. Whoever created it had to have spent a lot of time looking for such a spot. Not only did the sun have to shine on the bluff just right, it had to be high enough to clear another bluff between the artwork and the sun. Also, this all had to be done before the leaves on the surrounding trees opened up. Actually, I think doing the chiseling to create the shadow would have been the easy part.

OP
OP
Backwoodsbob

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The complexity of having a shadow sign at different time of the day and year without interference. Using the same group of stones and having the message change through out the day. That take planning. Or inspiration from God

OP
OP
Backwoodsbob

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an example. This stone is just like the topo. Of the area it's in. This is the morning sun shining as we speak. You can see how the shadows are on it. It will change as the day goes by.
07bbe86d867df9e027eb8d2d95bf5f8d.jpg

OP
OP
Backwoodsbob

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice the shadow that the stone is casting as well
c1cd1526202e35ce88dccd6ab0e7050a.jpg
what you can't see is that the stone is pointing at two trees that are different from any others. I call them Jesuit trees. That's my interpretation.
6cd0fcec7de6529c8682b594c4d75e90.jpg

For some reason it's not letting me show the other tree. It keeps shutting down the site. Anyway there is a line that intersection of the north ,south. From that line of trees. The shadow itself reminds me of the owl. Maybe someone could verify that. I'm trying to document this site as fast as I can. The tree are being cut as we speak.
6bd268ad302afa2958010f5375d53508.jpg

OP
OP
Backwoodsbob

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
af076a4ec9daf50d70ac8d557dab7f34.jpg

OP
OP
Backwoodsbob

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One stone many faces. That just the beginning. The shadow symbol are the maybe small. This one stone has the symbolism of the Jesuit. There are many more
ae9c55b006707e096fbcca72cd03240f.jpg
4948ff4d56022c063d63127f46055667.jpg
62258ff735771005e290441be7631aa0.jpg
28234e29de00c32f05540566fe6ef912.jpg

OP
OP
Backwoodsbob

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The animals are represented just by turning the stone. A person would have limited time during the day. But with lanterns and candles. You had more time to make and perfect the shape. These are made to be seen from a distance. Look for the symbolism of the stone. I will get this point across one way or another. No imagination required. Just knowledge of the sign and symbols. I still looking for someone with the knowledge of the shadow signs. The animals symbolism with multiple meaning needs to be more defined. When it come to witches and the other odd features of the shadow signs. I haven't heard the much about. I believe the Jesuit used the evil looking one because of the superstition of the Spanish and other religious people working the sites. Please give me you thoughts

OP
OP
Backwoodsbob

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more
71febdaf186c92b3ae4df005ae034eb4.jpg
292d4ba105191fa3c7ca7f593da378c0.jpg

OP
OP
Backwoodsbob

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The animals are represented just by turning the stone. A person would have limited time during the day. But with lanterns and candles. You had more time to make and perfect the shape. These are not made to be seen from a distance. Look for the symbolism of the stone. I will get this point across one way or another. No imagination required. Just knowledge of the sign and symbols. I still looking for someone with the knowledge of the shadow signs. The animals symbolism with multiple meaning needs to be more defined. When it come to witches and the other odd features of the shadow signs. I haven't heard the much about. I believe the Jesuit used the evil looking one because of the superstition of the Spanish and other religious people working the sites. Please give me you thoughts

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob,

I can give you the answer to your question, but it would fall on deaf ears. You asked me about your rocks. I have been doing this for over twenty years, and I can promise you that you are wrong. Small rocks like you have would have NEVER been used as any type of treasure or trail marker. The first good rain would wash them away.

I hope I am wrong, and you find a fortune.

Mike

OP
OP
Backwoodsbob

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike ,
I listen to any advice given. You yourself has said you haven't studied french Jesuit. Therefore you are not willing to learn something new. Water only has its strength when it has fallen over a distance. I know all about erosion. Ideal with it all the time. I have 1200 acres with miles of dirt roads. If you take something small. Place it on top of a hill (mesa)cover it with about 3 to 5 ft of dirt. I guarantee it will be there for hundreds of years. Depending on the grade.Your right about washing away once it becomes exposed to a heavy rain on a mountain side. Look at rivers most thing washing down will collect inthe inside turns.It will also collect in pockets. I can show you something that you haven't seen. I would even put money on that one. I will be out your way at the end of the summer. I will prove it to you if you want. You do know the Jesuit. But only from that area. I will prove not only what I have here but that you too have it there. Or is this falling on deaf ears. If you are willing so will I be. So keep an open mind on any thing when it come to the Jesuits. There is more to the story. You should know that. When you see what I have to show you . Then you will be the most knowledgeable on the subject of the Jesuits on here.

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
I believe I know how they did it. On the walls of the mountains or stone piles. They were at the top of their game. But they had to be taught. I believe the first step was the symbol carvings. They studied astronomy. So they had an idea where the sun would rise and set on any given day. The next thing they had to do was to look where they they wanted their message. They didn't just go out there and chip here and there. They knew what they had to do before they started. They had plenty of practice. I know they did because I have plenty of proof. Remember all those small stones I posted on here that some said they wouldn't use small stones. WELL THEY DID. All they had to do is use their camp fires or lanterns. They would make the basic shape. Then with the shadow from the light they used. It much easier to make a model that could be tested before ever climbing a hill. This is how I test my stones to prove they are what I say they are. The Jesuit's work is unique. They all have a their name on it. Only a trained eye will see. They usually put a lot of information on a singe stone.the larger monuments have it displayed over more than one stone. There is always a topo. If you know what to look for. Now that this secret is out. Let me here your thoughts.

You're so close , you really are .

Add the use of a Mirror as they made the carving
One person Carving
the other holding the Mirror

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
Bob,

I can give you the answer to your question, but it would fall on deaf ears. You asked me about your rocks. I have been doing this for over twenty years, and I can promise you that you are wrong. Small rocks like you have would have NEVER been used as any type of treasure or trail marker. The first good rain would wash them away.

I hope I am wrong, and you find a fortune.

Mike

is that a marker? from the front it looks like nothing, but from the side looks like the head from the map with the number seven.

DSC_0329.JPG
12355845_1036581279726974_338418701_o.jpg

1st photo left side from the bush in the shadow - is it a marker?

hole-marker--head.jpg

Attachments

• treasm42.gif
    treasm42.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you guys smoke the meth with a bong or are you just freebasing it?

OP
OP
Backwoodsbob

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look like it to me, the hole has a lions head meaning it's Royalty and another head next to it.

OP
OP
Backwoodsbob

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you guys smoke the meth with a bong or are you just freebasing it?
Why you ask a question like that? Is it because you don't see what others do?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread