C & W Minerals

Greenie
Aug 22, 2017
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer, Le Trap
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi TNet...have these photos of photos of a place I'm rock hounding. Never noticed the obvious signs around until I started reading here a couple months ago. First pic is the whole scene, looking west/southwest, with a fish straight down at feet. 2nd pic of Eagle, with something in mouth possibly. 3rd pic is of a bear head, 4th pic is what looks like a rear view of a tortoise, does that tortoise have it's head buried? Last pic is the exact opposite direction the first pic, open lion mouth maybe? Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.

20170822_132954.jpg
20170822_133059.jpg
20170822_133053.jpg
20170822_133106.jpg
20170822_133027.jpg

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to pee in your Wheaties, but I don't see any obvious signs or symbols. Don't feel down though. You are at Stage 1 of finding Trail/Treasure Signs/Symbols. In Stage 1, you are very eager, and almost everything looks man made. I went through the same thing 25 years ago. I was very lucky and had someone very knowledgeable regarding Spanish Trail/Treasure Signs teach me. It took a couple of years even then before I knew what to look for that made something scream at me.

Stage 1: Very eager to find treasure. You see signs and symbols in every unusual rock formation. This stage is akin to cloud watching.

Stage 2: After chasing your tail over and over (because what you thought were treasure signs weren't), you get more jaded. You look at something, and if its not an obvious heart with a lightning bolt through it, and the word TESORO carved into a rock, you ignore it. This is a dangerous stage. Number 1, you could miss actual treasure symbols. Number 2, you could miss warnings about traps that aren't obvious. When you catch yourself starting to blow off things you see, that is the time to take more pictures and spend more time in the area.

If you make it through Stage 2 and don't get disheartened and give up treasure hunting, you might just make it to Stage 3.

Stage 3: BY this stage, you have seen authentic Spanish Monuments. They are 99% likely not treasure signs though (unless you get very lucky). They likely show trails through mountains, water sources, or protected camp sites, etc. By Stage 3, you should have also learned that spotting Spanish Signs and Symbols is part art and part science (both halves of your brain). Too much art, and you continue seeing treasure signs and symbols in every rock and tree (and forever chase your tail). Too much science, and you ignore things that might be important (like real signs or trap warnings). When you see an authentic Spanish Sign or Symbol, you will know it. It will scream at you.

Now, notice that everything I have told you mentions SPANISH signs and symbols. NOT JESUIT. Of the 25 or so years I have been treasure hunting, twenty of them have been spent studying Jesuit History in the New World (including all the stories of lost mines and hidden treasures as well as actual book history). Without a VERY GOOD grounding in Spanish Signs and Symbols, you will only get lost trying to figure out Jesuit Secrets and Symbolism. Remember, the Jesuits were hiding their wealth FROM the Spanish. They would never use signs or symbols a Spaniard would understand....would they? The only times a Jesuit would use Spanish Symbolism would be to either lead the searcher down a false trail, or warn them to go no further.

A perfect example is a friend that has been searching for a certain Jesuit Treasure for many years. I one place, he found a twelve foot diameter heart with a crack going through it. To a Spaniard that is a warning to pay attention or your "HEART WILL BE BROKEN". It took two men weeks to gradually tilt the huge rock up and push it over a cliff. Underneath was another twelve foot heart with another crack. There was nothing under either boulder but heartache and wasted time and effort.

The Jesuit Order are literally the smartest guys in the room. They invented most of the Earth Sciences we know today. They excel at Mathematics, making members of the Order some of the best Cryptographers on EARTH. To understand Jesuit Treasure Symbols is a feat that nobody I know of has mastered. Anybody that says they have figured out the Jesuit Code is utterly full of crap.

I recommend getting Charles Kenworthy's Books on Treasure Signs and Symbols. Best out there.

MIke

AbTexEx

Nov 27, 2008
America's Dairyland
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haven't figured out the whole code yet.
After cooking your brain in the desert heat for two decades,
you do start to notice a few things.

It's out there. Keep looking.

:coffee2:

AJones

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't figured out the whole code yet.
After cooking your brain in the desert heat for two decades,
you do start to notice a few things.

It's out there. Keep looking.

AJones

AJones,

Nobody is likely to unlock Jesuit Symbolism regarding hidden wealth.........EXCEPT.....................

By accidentally finding a Jesuit Treasure, then working the leads backwards.

Occasionally, it does happen, but not on any large scale. Only for a specific treasure. i.e. Ron Quinn's 82 pounds of gold bars.

MIke

AbTexEx

Nov 27, 2008
America's Dairyland
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sadly the exact location of those "remote discoveries" is a guarded secret.

Best backtracking so far is de toyopa and his insistence on Jesuit presence.
Fits right into the line of my studys.

Then there's the gold mine up the road, "discovered" in recent years.
It was later found to have had older workings inside. Guessing Spanish.
Fascinating to see the markers pointing right to the mining area.

Tied all the clues together one day and checked an area near here.
Slammed.
Less than a month earlier, someone had filed a mining claim on the land.

Heavy sigh...

It was still good info. Probably Spanish. They haven't found an entrance yet.
Claim owner even had a seminar about the area.
Very interesting findings.

AJones

OP
OP
C

C & W Minerals

Greenie
Aug 22, 2017
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer, Le Trap
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Mike, I appreciate the feedback. I spent some time in the area the least couple weeks and found that you are right on point. Like you said, eager...which is how I usually approach something. On the plus side, I'm not easily discouraged. The great state of Colorado has much history to be explored. I'll check on that book.

I've read a few of your threads and I also appreciate the Anza Borrego area. Spent much time around there as a youngster with family in Jeep caravans and sand rails.

Your honesty helps.

Phil

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mike, I appreciate the feedback. I spent some time in the area the least couple weeks and found that you are right on point. Like you said, eager...which is how I usually approach something. On the plus side, I'm not easily discouraged. The great state of Colorado has much history to be explored. I'll check on that book.

I've read a few of your threads and I also appreciate the Anza Borrego area. Spent much time around there as a youngster with family in Jeep caravans and sand rails.

Your honesty helps.

Phil

Hey Phil,

The aptly named Anza-Borrego Desert is a great place to learn about Spanish Trail Monuments. Capt DeAnza took his caravan basically along the South side of the US/Mexico Border, until they hit Soledad. From there, you can go North and skirt the Eastern Edge of the Coyotes and go between the Superstitions and Fish Creek. They camped at San Sebastian Marsh (where Carrizo and San Felipe Creeks meet). They would then head up San Felipe Creek around the East and North sides of Borrego Mountain. They passed by where Borrego Springs is, through Coyote Canyon, and on over the mountains. There are trail and water monuments along the route if you look carefully.

I have to tell people that I am brutally honest when it comes to evaluating potential monuments and signs. If all somebody wants is for others to tell them "THAT'S A NICE MONUMENT!", then I'm not your guy. There are plenty of people on TNet that will not only see what anyone sees, but will see hundreds of other signs and symbols in that picture that don't exist. HAHAHA

When it comes to Jesuit Stuff, there is often a lot of math, They would cut rocks into shapes that cast specifically shaped shadows. They can only be seen if you are standing in the right place, at the right time of day, and the right time of year. Otherwise, the shadows don't show squat.

JesusLeftsm.jpg

This is from a canyon in Southern Arizona. It is not Photoshopped. It is a scan from a 35mm photograph. It could be the face of Christ, Coronado, or someone else, but it is a face. There is a lot more that goes with this, but it will give you an idea of how masterful the Jesuits are.

You also have another problem with hunting Jesuit Treasure in Colorado. The first Jesuits didn't get to Colorado until long after the resurrection of the Order in 1814. As far as I know, all their treasure hiding was done prior to 1767. Before 1767, the Jesuits only got as far North as about the Salt River in Arizona. Can't say about French Jesuits from the North and East though. I pretty much specialize in Jesuits working in Nueva Vizcaya.

Mike

Attachments

• JesusLeft.jpg
    JesusLeft.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 544
Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Your honesty helps.

Phil

Hey Phil,

The aptly named Anza-Borrego Desert is a great place to learn about Spanish Trail Monuments. Capt DeAnza took his caravan basically along the South side of the US/Mexico Border, until they hit Soledad. From there, you can go North and skirt the Eastern Edge of the Coyotes and go between the Superstitions and Fish Creek. They camped at San Sebastian Marsh (where Carrizo and San Felipe Creeks meet). They would then head up San Felipe Creek around the East and North sides of Borrego Mountain. They passed by where Borrego Springs is, through Coyote Canyon, and on over the mountains. There are trail and water monuments along the route if you look carefully.

I have to tell people that I am brutally honest when it comes to evaluating potential monuments and signs. If all somebody wants is for others to tell them "THAT'S A NICE MONUMENT!", then I'm not your guy. There are plenty of people on TNet that will not only see what anyone sees, but will see hundreds of other signs and symbols in that picture that don't exist. HAHAHA

When it comes to Jesuit Stuff, there is often a lot of math, They would cut rocks into shapes that cast specifically shaped shadows. They can only be seen if you are standing in the right place, at the right time of day, and the right time of year. Otherwise, the shadows don't show squat.

View attachment 1490586

This is from a canyon in Southern Arizona. It is not Photoshopped. It is a scan from a 35mm photograph. It could be the face of Christ, Coronado, or someone else, but it is a face. There is a lot more that goes with this, but it will give you an idea of how masterful the Jesuits are.

You also have another problem with hunting Jesuit Treasure in Colorado. The first Jesuits didn't get to Colorado until long after the resurrection of the Order in 1814. As far as I know, all their treasure hiding was done prior to 1767. Before 1767, the Jesuits only got as far North as about the Salt River in Arizona. Can't say about French Jesuits from the North and East though. I pretty much specialize in Jesuits working in Nueva Vizcaya.

Mike

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sadly the exact location of those "remote discoveries" is a guarded secret.

Best backtracking so far is de toyopa and his insistence on Jesuit presence.
Fits right into the line of my studys.

Then there's the gold mine up the road, "discovered" in recent years.
It was later found to have had older workings inside. Guessing Spanish.
Fascinating to see the markers pointing right to the mining area.

Tied all the clues together one day and checked an area near here.
Slammed.
Less than a month earlier, someone had filed a mining claim on the land.

Heavy sigh...

It was still good info. Probably Spanish. They haven't found an entrance yet.
Claim owner even had a seminar about the area.
Very interesting findings.

AJones[/QUO

About mining claims in AZ, if they don't have "Discovery", and you find something like gold or silver, you can file right over them with an assay showing the amount of gold or silver in your ore. Discovery is 100% of having a "Valid Claim" in AZ. No Discovery, then they are still looking for minerals and so can you. If they have discovery then you are trespassing on their claim and anything you find belongs to them. At least that was what was on the books back in 1982 from the B of Mines in Tucson. Either a pile of rocks 3 feet high ( a carn) with the notice in side or a 1&1/2" by 1&1/2" post 4 feet above the ground with the map of the claim attached. then they have 90 days to post the four corners and center lines. But without Discovery, they have nothing except a piece a paper they paid $5 for at the county seat. Check the laws and make sure they haven't changed. Good Luck ;)

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The 1&1/2 by 1&1/2" equates to a 2"by2" 6 foot "walking/hiking sticks that we used in the mountains. If we needed to post a claim, we had a Ziplock to put it in and a Ziptie to put it on the stick. Even if we buried it a foot in the ground 5 feet would be above ground. They worked really good for going up and down steep hillsides. ;) For the "map", they would like you to use a 7.5 min USGS map with the claim neatly drawn on it. However it is "to the best of your ability" with one copy posted and one to turn in at the County Seat. Hand drawn with bearings to mountain tops will also work.

Last edited:

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you seen your mother baby, standing in the shadows? Some shadows are just down right spooky as hell!

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only things I see, that are man made, is the "DW" and the set of "bars".
What makes you think this is all "Jesuit".
IMO, they made maps, not rock art.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did a lot of things. I differently see their influence. They have the same set of numbers I've seen on all their work. If not them then it's using the same system.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread