It appears to be a statue.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some hiker, I was wrong, I have given away the location of 'tayopa.that is the general location in the filing, the latitude and Long. , but I carefully omitted ay specific data. I appologize.
I think we all have given more information than we should have. The stones themselves can have to much info. Like latitude And longitude .

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some hiker, I was wrong, I have given away the location of 'tayopa.that is the general location in the filing, the latitude and Long. , but I carefully omitted ay specific data. I appologize.

That was obvious......when you filed your claim with the Mexican Gov't, you would have had to give the location.
And before the Gov't. could consider it as a "Patrimonio", archaeologists and anthropologists would have to authenticate it.
Which would mean that what you claimed has already been dug up, and that they didn't need no pictures......or badges.....to do so.
So....when did you say that Tayopa was declared a patrimonio ??

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some hiker, I do not intend to ursurp another's site for information, Your questions. can be answered at

'a tayope hunters adventures" on this treasure net. We (I), have approximatly 517,000 hits I believe tha all of your questions can be answered there

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's ok Joe.
I've been there already.
You can let me know when you have some photos of the Tayopa mines and ore up, and maybe I'll go back for another look.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen your scenery shots with labels.......is that what you are talking about ?
If so, I don't find them convincing. Lots of folks claim to have found a "lost" mine or treasure, yet they have nothing but excuses for a lack of hard evidence, and are never ready to see it officially documented and publicized. Eventually they grow tired of telling the story or lose their audience and just vanish, with nothing, really, having been found.
I'm not saying that's where your Tayopa claims are going, but it sure seems to be headed that way IMO.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dio you expect me to show you a mine shaft? That would be rediculous. With as many men that have looked for a shaft, that would have been found long ago. No, it is still closed (lack of finances & I gave you my reasons), but I did show you the spot, but did not tell anyone.where. I used a picture of a nearby factor with Tayopa included, but unamed.

Besides with over 517,000 hits, someone must believe me you can believe it or not, it makes no real difference to me, but I did tell Oro and He is convinced. Oro was destined to be my partner, but narco problems stoped that temporarly

I had the use of Uncle Sams satellite sytstems to see what was under ground, through my fellow Air Force,connections, so I didn't have to open it up to see,

Incidently, you do not have to show a mine in your denouncement, only the limits of your claim, so it was with tha Tayopa claim.

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the pictures also. What are you wanting Somehiker? He has a site. Are you wanting Joe to post more. I wouldnt. Those pictures show more than they should. People don't realize just how much is being given away in their pictures. Like Lat. And longitude if you know what to look for. With just a little more information I could find it. there are some of us who can read what's on these sites. So look carefully before posting.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is a picture of the tayopa claim. I defy you to identify it. THESE ARE NOT GOOGLE PHOTOS, BUT AIRIAL PHOTOGRAPH, gOOGLE IS WORTHLESS THERE

THIS MAP WAS DUG UP AT AN OLD RUINED MISSION SITE, IN THE 1800'S IT WAS IN THE w CORNER.

THE FAMILY THAT HAD IT USED ITSO MUCH THAT IT WAS IN PIECES, SO THEY MADE A STYLIZED COPY OF IT, AFTER PLAYING WITH IT FOR YEARS ,THEY GAVE IT TO ME, IT WAS REALY QUITE SIMPLE. WE ARE GOING TO OPEN IT UP. BUT IT IS IN AN INACCESABLE SPOT , NO VEHICLES, MULES ONLY.IT WILL TAKE QUITE A BIT OF MONEY, WHICH I NEVER HAD.
BUT THERE AGAIN, THE WAY GOVT IS. THEY PROBABLY. MAY DECLARE IT A SIMPLE TREASURE FIND, ,AND IN WHICH 'CASE THEY WILL ONLY TAKE 50 %, OR THEY MAY DECLARE IT A PATRAMONY OF MEXICO AND TAKE IT ALL. IT IS PART OF TAYOPA COMPLEX.i FEEL FAIRLY AFE IN POSTING THIS.

INCIDENTLY TO COMPOUND THE PROBLEN, IT IS AN AREA CONTROLLED BE NARCO TRAFFICANTES.

WE ARE NEGOTIATING RIGHT NOW , BUT i'LL LET YOU TOY WITH A COPY OF ONE OF THE DEPOSITS, THERE ARE THREE.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is a picture of the tayopa claim. I defy you to identify it. THESE ARE NOT GOOGLE PHOTOS, BUT AIRIAL PHOTOGRAPH, gOOGLE IS WORTHLESS THERE

THIS MAP WAS DUG UP AT AN OLD RUINED MISSION SITE, IN THE 1800'S IT WAS IN THE w CORNER.

THE FAMILY THAT HAD IT USED ITSO MUCH THAT IT WAS IN PIECES, SO THEY MADE A STYLIZED COPY OF IT, AFTER PLAYING WITH IT FOR YEARS ,THEY GAVE IT TO ME, IT WAS REALY QUITE SIMPLE. WE ARE GOING TO OPEN IT UP. BUT IT IS IN AN INACCESABLE SPOT , NO VEHICLES, MULES ONLY.IT WILL TAKE QUITE A BIT OF MONEY, WHICH I NEVER HAD.
BUT THERE AGAIN, THE WAY GOVT IS. THEY PROBABLY. MAY DECLARE IT A SIMPLE TREASURE FIND, ,AND IN WHICH 'CASE THEY WILL ONLY TAKE 50 %, OR THEY MAY DECLARE IT A PATRAMONY OF MEXICO AND TAKE IT ALL. IT IS PART OF TAYOPA COMPLEX.i FEEL FAIRLY AFE IN POSTING THIS.

INCIDENTLY TO COMPOUND THE PROBLEN, IT IS AN AREA CONTROLLED BE NARCO TRAFFICANTES.

WE ARE NEGOTIATING RIGHT NOW , BUT i'LL LET YOU TOY WITH A COPY OF ONE OF THE DEPOSITS, THERE ARE THREE.

Waiting for the images.....
Looks like you forgot to post them.
I'll check back later.

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did, but upon the advice I decided not to paste them Too much information in both of them, I don't blame your reaction, I would also

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems molgreg has lost interest in his thread.
Too bad.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some hiker, here is an offical reply to the mexican govt, the night before my Bertie died.

oficio SE/610/2017 n

Joseph Curry <[email protected]>
Jan 28, 2018, 5:23 PM
to mariodelgado

First I would like to express my thanks for your carrying Tayopa so long, I only wish that it could have been a few more months.

I have it precisely located. It played an important part in the Jesuit attempr to akeover north America from Spain, for which they were expeled, not for working clndesrine mines as popularily believed

It was one of the main resons for Napoleon invading Mexico, etc

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mexican Govt is still carrying Tayopa. I can't possibly pay a $ 200,000 tax and fine, So they have an ulterior motive for carrying a mining tax. fine of that magnetud

So I am forced to go for one of her deposits later some time after the rains have stopped, but even that will be difficul because of the narcose,

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stone is a corner stone. It does have work on it. I should have given it more time. Sorry OP . But it's useless if you don't know where it came from. On the rough side it shows many faces overlapping each other.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mexican Govt is still carrying Tayopa. I can't possibly pay a $ 200,000 tax and fine, So they have an ulterior motive for carrying a mining tax. fine of that magnetud

So I am forced to go for one of her deposits later some time after the rains have stopped, but even that will be difficul because of the narcose,

Well Joe, maybe someday you will be able to prove all that gold and silver is really where you say it is.
Quoting your e-mail to "mariodelgato" doesn't really do that IMO.
If so, then 200 grand will be chump change, won't it ?
Good luck.....

ps: I'm sure mario is grateful to you for setting him straight on the history of his country though.
And actually, it was a fella named Palafox who first got the ball rolling against the Jesuits in Mexico.

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sh, well if I do, it will not be broadcast, I am still a US citizen. As for me telling Mario about the history of his country thas is a silly remark. Even the Us has blank spots. in their history, As for the accumulated taxes and fines and the Mexican mining office, that is for over 30 years of back taxes and fines. Yes, I stopped paying them over 30 years ago, things were different then. They were oer $ 700 dollars, twice a year and I was in financial doldrums then, and was unable to pay them, leter with the fines ----.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Joe, maybe someday you will be able to prove all that gold and silver is really where you say it is.
Quoting your e-mail to "mariodelgato" doesn't really do that IMO.
If so, then 200 grand will be chump change, won't it ?
Good luck.....

ps: I'm sure mario is grateful to you for setting him straight on the history of his country though.
And actually, it was a fella named Palafox who first got the ball rolling against the Jesuits in Mexico.

Palafox's actions followed the crown's ,and were not his alone without the crowns actions going on at the time. Putting the squeeze on the Jesuits for tithes were just one area he found vulnerability ,with crown support of course.
And it was García Sarmiento de Sotomayor on behalf of Jesuits who got the ball rolling against Palafox. Palafox's bitter revenge had to wait till more than a century post mortem for his writing to be dredged up against them ,again.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Palafox's actions followed the crown's ,and were not his alone without the crowns actions going on at the time. Putting the squeeze on the Jesuits for tithes were just one area he found vulnerability ,with crown support of course.
And it was García Sarmiento de Sotomayor on behalf of Jesuits who got the ball rolling against Palafox. Palafox's bitter revenge had to wait till more than a century post mortem for his writing to be dredged up against them ,again.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=y6...Q6AEIPTAB#v=onepage&q=jesuits/palafox&f=false

From Pg. 23

Palafox's demand that the Jesuits pay tithes was published in 1641, 11 years prior to the Spanish Authorities ratification of anything making this practice into a law.
The Jesuits had always been against any taxes or tithes assessed against their order.....even by the Church itself. But Palifox began his crusade even earlier by forcing the mendicants to relinquish their monopolistic total control of Indian labor and goods, from which they had greatly benefited until then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions