It appears to be a statue.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sh, well if I do, it will not be broadcast, I am still a US citizen. As for me telling Mario about the history of his country thas is a silly remark. Even the Us has blank spots. in their history, As for the accumulated taxes and fines and the Mexican mining office, that is for over 30 years of back taxes and fines. Yes, I stopped paying them over 30 years ago, things were different then. They were oer $ 700 dollars, twice a year and I was in financial doldrums then, and was unable to pay them, leter with the fines ----.

Doesn't sound like it's gonna happen then...does it ?
After thirty years of unpaid taxes and fines of over $ 200,000.00, I doubt they will now let you anywhere near the place.
Let alone with a pick or shovel in hand.
Too bad !

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
https://books.google.ca/books?id=y6...Q6AEIPTAB#v=onepage&q=jesuits/palafox&f=false

From Pg. 23

Palafox's demand that the Jesuits pay tithes was published in 1641, 11 years prior to the Spanish Authorities ratification of anything making this practice into a law.
The Jesuits had always been against any taxes or tithes assessed against their order.....even by the Church itself. But Palifox began his crusade even earlier by forcing the mendicants to relinquish their monopolistic total control of Indian labor and goods, from which they had greatly benefited until then.

I had it as the crown was targeting mendicant orders.
Palifox ,tithes. Though he did have a roll in the success in Puebla ...episcopal authority was not in the cards for him further on.
A rather distant conflict from tithes but certainly not totally removed from the issue.

Regardless ,he sure had a busy period in the several years after Germany with title changes and politics...

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sonme hier, The title is still mine, explain. Will take more tan acpick or a shovel.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your "title" is for a property that without at least a pick and shovel, cannot be proven to be Tayopa.
And essentially worthless, until you pay up on the 200 grand in fees and fines that you owe on your claim.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are wrong s, hiker. The title means just it says, I am stilll the owner of Tayopa, regardless of over due bills.But remember, all lands in Mexico ultimately are property of the gov't the same as the US.That is what I am wary of.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are wrong s, hiker. The title means just it says, I am stilll the owner of Tayopa, regardless of over due bills.But remember, all lands in Mexico ultimately are property of the gov't the same as the US.That is what I am wary of.

So what you are saying is ?
That anyone can go down to Mexico, find a piece of land where they suspect or really really believe a covered up/lost mine is, file a claim on that property aaannnd they then own it forever......regardless of whether they pay the required annual fees or not ?
Is that what Mexican mining laws say ?

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SH, how can you get so tangled up No,only a mexican cit can receive a title, you do not have have a existing mine. Go ahead and ask me the obvious question.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, what's the obvious question........are you a Mexican-American ?
Like with dual citizenship ? IF so, then I will be happy to rephrase my question.

So what you are saying is ?
That any Mexican can find a piece of land where they suspect or really really believe a covered up/lost mine is, file a claim on that property aaannnd they then own it forever......regardless of whether they pay the required annual fees or not ?
Is that what Mexican mining laws say ?

I could probably find the answer myself on line, but I'm still asking you to clarify how this can be.
My own understanding is that the Gov't can cancel your concession at any time, if assessment work is not done and reported annually, or taxes, fees and fines remain unpaid.

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am US citizen, most mines start out as a suspected area, not as a mine., so yes.they own it only so long as they a their taxes, and do thir assesment work. So it is curious that they have carried me so long, I don't wish to rock the boat.,so Now ask me again how I can hold a title in Mexico.SH,

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are not also a citizen of Mexico, it's pretty simple Joe.
Ask me why.....and I'll be happy to post the reason, according to the published law.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'ts and anncient boat anchor from Noah's Arc. Boy, you could get in a whole heap-a-lotta trouble for having that!

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a dog gone cinder block with concrete stuck in it. How do I know this? Because back when I drank Whiskey, Lots and lots of Whiskey, my head felt exactly like that thing looks. When I quit drinking Whiskey, The Jim Beam Distillery sent my family a nice sympathy card bemoaning my passing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions