TV show, Treasure Quest, season three: The Jesuit treasure of Sacambaya

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did find the tunnel missing a few tells. But it had a few tells also. I also wonder if they have checked the walls, or found a room to process ore yet?

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Treasures in a central location of the mining district's just like in Arizona. They weren't stupid so they used an old mine system as a warehouse just like the show depicts only they moved it centrally and hid it under a death trapped entrance. At one time it was probably processed under the Mission Church that's why they're finding clues, if those aren't manufactured clues. If the Mission crumbles or is destroyed they needed a better hiding place than just under or across from a Mission the obvious place to look.
They used the "Infinity System" which was created by Jesuits for hiding Treasure's and Rich Gold Mines!

The document they have is so similar to the Molina Treasure document it's uncanny! They both seem to be from the same author or order.

They won't find anything using that document for guidance.

It was written by a man named Travis!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, who can name the seven Jesuit Priests mentioned in the document?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
listen to coast to coast am Mondays show treasurehunter and treasures hes found much better

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
listen to coast to coast am Mondays show treasurehunter and treasures hes found. much better show

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigos

Whats real and whats fake. It hard to tell anymore....

Get the full news on what’s happening with all the fakeumentary and fake-o-rama shenanigans happening at Discovery Channel, as you watch Season 3 of TREASURE QUEST SNAKE ISLAND as the cast follows the canned script in Bolivia after the Sacambaya treasure!

Cork Graham's News | DISCOVERY CHANNEL'S TREASURE QUEST SNAKE ISLAND: THE REAL STORY OF "REALITY TV" AND A WHOLE LOT MORE!

Graham Cork is telling all about the producers of treasure quest.

Mal

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hola amigos

Whats real and whats fake. It hard to tell anymore....

Get the full news on what’s happening with all the fakeumentary and fake-o-rama shenanigans happening at Discovery Channel, as you watch Season 3 of TREASURE QUEST SNAKE ISLAND as the cast follows the canned script in Bolivia after the Sacambaya treasure!

Cork Graham's News | DISCOVERY CHANNEL'S TREASURE QUEST SNAKE ISLAND: THE REAL STORY OF "REALITY TV" AND A WHOLE LOT MORE!

Graham Cork is telling all about the producers of treasure quest.

Mal

I doubt if anyone takes these reality TV shows seriously. Same goes for news broadcasts too, for that matter. May as well throw in statements and reports released by the government. The internet is your only choice for research, but most of that is opinionated wacko stuff. Source documents and data are hard to find, particularly using Google searches. Wait 'till AI takes over - we'll never escape the anthill then.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take a stab at naming those Priests!

Let me see now....

There was Larry, Curly, Moe, Laurel, Hardy, and Groucho!

Each had part in history!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take a stab at naming those Priests!

Let me see now....

There was Larry, Curly, Moe, Laurel, Hardy, and Groucho!

Each had part in history!

HAHAHAHA Might as well have been. They are included the same amount of times in the official records as the seven Jesuits! When I get home today, I will post the church records that name all Priests in the area.

Mike

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loved the Bell Tonight ! That would Be awesome to pull a
Bell like that out and have it Immediately start Ringing through the valley !:coffee2:

Jesuit or just old, Now That's a Real Treasure :icon_thumleft:

One Thing that Bothers me Though. The fact they used the Loader to pull it out So it would ring through The valley.

Did they Realize it was Bell While Digging, Or did they Re-Bury it so they Could,
pull it into the air and Make it ring ?

I would have worried it would break If it was in Solid Ground,
and I was unaware What it was & How Deep the Object was Buried.

I wonder why the 2 Hour Episode tonite.
Will next weeks be Preempted ?

also the Ending..... Although My guess he is OK & just didn't answer for Dramatic Effect...... The fact one Guy Yelled "Medic" is Proof Positive they are not alone there.
& if he is hurt, A Chopper will already Be on site to evac.

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bell like that out and have it Immediately start Ringing through the valley !:coffee2:

One Thing that Bothers me Though. The fact they used the Loader to pull it out So it would ring through The valley.

Did they Realize it was Bell While Digging, Or did they Re-Bury it so they Could,

also the Ending..... Although My guess he is OK & just didn't answer for Dramatic Effect...... The fact one Guy Yelled "Medic" is Proof Positive they are not alone there.

I liked that bell to! But you can see a bit of flailing about in the quest to find what the document depicts. I don't know if it's the show or just getting desperate for more finds. Personally, if it talks about a river or three rivers in the document the whole thing has to be interpreted in reverse as a mirror image. So it would be a flat valley near zero rivers and the millions in gold? A couple of gold coins in a tin can! Just kidding, it would be a flat valley near the Mission which would be in the middle of the river somewhere. One their favorite map symbols was a "River Runs through it". They were masters at changing the course of a stream, small of course, and creating a shaft under it sealed with logs and clay. The arroyo they were in may be the spot only the entrance would be small. In the treasure tunnel it would be the direction of the most difficulty where the treasure would be not right in the open in a large tunnel.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHAHA Might as well have been. They are included the same amount of times in the official records as the seven Jesuits! When I get home today, I will post the church records that name all Priests in the area.

Mike

Are you talking about six Priests in the Molina document or the Sacambaya San Ramon Treasure docs?

I have the translations of the Molina docs if you want me to post them. I translated them myself as they had the wrong dates and amounts in the translations I've seen posted. It really is becoming a comedy series but you have to give them credit they took that backhoe and excavator up in those high places and that takes balls of steel!

TedinArizona

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2018
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week the show takes the team to a new three river junction and on the flate mesa above the river, the ground was supposed to be untouched but as they show an aerial view from the drone when they were bringing the excavator up there, there were tire tracks or path already there? hahah maybe some location-selective filming?

TedinArizona

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2018
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah the bell removel with the backhoe would have been a big no no and the fall at the end seems scripted?

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigos

I am not sure what to believe with these shows these days.

Maybe a pretend treasure hunt on a pretend treasure. Strange the Bolivian authorities have not jumped up and down screaming cultural patrimony?

Mal

Quisp

Feb 14, 2011
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett GTA-1000, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The next episode is available via the Discovery Streaming app. I watch it last night and there is a surprise discovery. It seems legit to me. Maybe they did find something.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a few hours last night trying to get the discovery app to work.

I'll see if I can get it today.

I already have some insight into the workings of the show. I know how and who found the tunnels they're excavating.

This is great news for people like me that think they've found a treasure or gold mine site. If you have the tremendous amount of money it takes for utilizing some of the newest methods for locating the general area the tunnels reside in. I would almost say we have the abilities now to locate treasures like lost shipwrecks do with sonar on bare land! As to what they found? It's a TV show and it would be anybodies guess if they did or not. Even a TV show has a limited budget and spending fortunes looking in these small areas when you aren't sure if its true or even at that site can drain the financial backers pockets fast. That being said if you have a fortune you may find a fortune just as Mel Fisher did.

But, at least now you can spend some of your retirement finding out if the Treasure spot you've spend half your life looking at has anything at all.
That way you can go to your grave knowing you were a life long Schmuck!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few people asking me for the translation of the Molina Treasure Map so here we go...

Molina Document Translation

Directions - year 1598 to 1658 - these Directions pertain to Tumacácori: The Mine of Tumacacori called the Virgen of Guadalupe. It is a league and a half, beginning at the main door of the temple on the south. From the Waters of San Ramón measured to the left (it is) 1800 rods to the north. Some 1200 rods before reaching the mine is a black rock marked with a chisel with these marks on the bottom of the rock . 1200 rods from the cross is the treasure. This is what the writing means. Some 20 rods in front of the rock is a small monument. In a southwest direction from the mine are two rock outcroppings that were knocked down over the mine without more jarring than the placement of gunpowder in the cracks of the rocks, leaving the track obliterated forever. Going over the rocks no one would know where this place is. Inside the mine is a room that measures 50 rods square and in this place is the treasure of our missions. In the middle of the room is the mouth of the mine, the treasure being (both) inside and outside of it: There are 2650 loads of sealed silver and 905 of gold, and there are 40 million in (unsealed) silver. The gold was brought from the Sierra de Guachapa in the vicinity of Tubac: continue forward in the same southerly direction. Some three leagues from the mine of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe what is called "Pass of the Janos." In a direction to the south from here, an arroyo starts that empties into the Santa Cruz River. The mine is to the left of the pass. Below the pass are 12 ore crushers and 12 smelters. The mine has one tunnel of 300 rods in length and the tunnel has the name of La Purísima Concepción engraved on it with a chisel. The tunnel runs north and at 20 rods a small tunnel of one hundred rods intersects it, running west. The ore is yellow - ore that is half silver and a fifth part gold. There are some slag pits fifty rods from the door of the mine going north. They found chunks of pure silver weighing from one pound to 5 arrobas (125 pounds). This mine is sealed by a copper door that has some enormous handles. This copper was brought from the Sierra de Guachapa in the vicinity of Tubac and smelted in Tuma- cácori, and the door was carried to the mine on a sledge by oxen. The year 1658. They worked and covered it in 1658 as recorded in the book of works of the mission. It is three leagues from the mine of La Purísima Concepción to the mine of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe. About halfway down the road in the same direction is what is called The Mine of the Opatas. This mine has one tunnel of four hundred rods and running south along the same course. The ore is mixed with pebbles and after three hundred rods is cut off by a trench. A very large tableland runs from the mouth of the mine toward the setting
sun. On its west side is a very large canyon ending on the south side. It has a bore mark that is a half-rod deep. Standing on the south side, you can see the mark on the other side of the canyon. Going one league north from this mark is the Mine of the Opatas of Tumacácori. This is the mark. To the west on the other side of the sierra is the mine of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe. It is marked by Father S--- R--- on the 12th of the month of December in 1518. This mine was found by a =

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions