H

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh that's right, KVM found it. Well, he knew then.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I for one am glad it has finally been solved. I went nuts for years studying that dang map from every angle!

OP
OP
H

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one am glad it has finally been solved. I went nuts for years studying that dang map from every angle!

Anyone that can't understand that this is the LUE, hasn't been up in there yet. Plus, just look at all of the clues that surround it. The Three Brothers Hills to the south, the direction and everything else. I also know that ole Willie Dougit never found it. He got his somewhere else. Maybe with Doc Noss thru some illegal activity. Them ole Boys were real Scallywags. And by the way, there are shadow signs there. My wife took pictures of them. She started jumping up and down and said, "LOOK! THERE ARE SHADOW PRIESTS KNEELING BEFORE JESUS!" That's what they are for sure, no mistaking it. All you have to do is catch them at the right time. As far as the map goes, it can all be reversed engineered using measurements from Google Earth. It all lines up even though I know most people ain't smart enough or have enough energy to do even that much. Don't worry about the Death Trap. Done been triggered.
Now, for you boys that set your tent up in there. I was watching you. You brought the whole world with you. So how do you like me now?

The map also leads to more. May be two more that are still there but one is on a National Park type place and the other is on private property and the people living there didn't look like anyone I wanted to tangle with. I don't care about it. I have found places you would not believe.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I Am Yours And You Are Mine"

..........You are what you are. You make it haaaaaaaaaaard"

Nothing like a little Crosby Stills and Nash!

Mike

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Mike, what's your take on the LUE ? You've done a lot of real research into the history of Church & Conquest in the Americas - have you seen anything in archive texts or field discoveries that would support the idea of mammoth-sized caches of gold and\or silver ingots buried in the present-day SW of USA?

The only primary source material I've seen is what's printed by KVM and it's full of contradictions and references to older books and newspaper articles and past events (like the FBI supposedly soliciting the public's help by printing the map in newspapers) that no one has ever been able to track or pin down.. perhaps the only exception being The Scarlett Shadow book by Walter Hurt. KVM refers to the LUE as one of the great treasure legends of the Americas if not The Greatest... yet there are no similar treasure legends I've heard of where people pull lumps of gold out of the ground like they're potato farmers.

What say you ?

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike, what's your take on the LUE ? You've done a lot of real research into the history of Church & Conquest in the Americas - have you seen anything in archive texts or field discoveries that would support the idea of mammoth-sized caches of gold and\or silver ingots buried in the present-day SW of USA?

The only primary source material I've seen is what's printed by KVM and it's full of contradictions and references to older books and newspaper articles and past events (like the FBI supposedly soliciting the public's help by printing the map in newspapers) that no one has ever been able to track or pin down.. perhaps the only exception being The Scarlett Shadow book by Walter Hurt. KVM refers to the LUE as one of the great treasure legends of the Americas if not The Greatest... yet there are no similar treasure legends I've heard of where people pull lumps of gold out of the ground like they're potato farmers.

What say you ?

The KGC conspiracists like to call the strangely out-of-place chapter 53 of the Hurt book a cover story for a KGC cache in southern Colorado. They also like to accuse KVM of the same game with his LUE material and the Deek Gladson (nom de plume) "TVS" publication. I have no particular opinion of KVM, but a couple of associates who knew him back in the day swear that he used to joke about folks who searched for the LUE. This is strongly refuted by others who also knew him. Quien sabe?

OP
OP
H

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no particular opinion of KVM, other than the fact that he made his money writing books. Like the Lost Dutchman books, all BS. I didn't know about the map KVM had of the so called LUE. Long after I found this Eagle site, I got a copy and began working it out, when I realized it fit this site. The only treasure sites you will find in a book are either already plundered of don't exist at all. I never went by anything in a book. I packed through mountain ranges and started finding the signs. First I would buy helicopter time and look at it from the air. There are a few pilots that will drop you but they are few and far between. That's the only, best way to do it. Books? I saw an old Lost Dutchman Book in the second hand store the other day. I perused it a bit. All crap. Not even worth the $2.00

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no particular opinion of KVM, other than the fact that he made his money writing books. Like the Lost Dutchman books, all BS. I didn't know about the map KVM had of the so called LUE. Long after I found this Eagle site, I got a copy and began working it out, when I realized it fit this site. The only treasure sites you will find in a book are either already plundered of don't exist at all. I never went by anything in a book. I packed through mountain ranges and started finding the signs. First I would buy helicopter time and look at it from the air. There are a few pilots that will drop you but they are few and far between. That's the only, best way to do it. Books? I saw an old Lost Dutchman Book in the second hand store the other day. I perused it a bit. All crap. Not even worth the $2.00
To fly is heavenly but to hover is divine.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I daydream about moving out West and exploring the countryside and the reason I love this website is you guys sharing stories, photos, and your thoughts sates the spirit, so to speak. Thanks :)

Anyways, I got Randy’s latest Exanimo Presents book which seems to contain the most info about this “LUE”. I think he makes it clear, reading between the lines, that its located in the North of Santa Fe -> Southern Colorado border region and he also wrote that the 1930’s saw the largest rush of LUE treasure hunters looking in Segundo, Weston, and Trinidad.

Digging through local newspapers of that era is a challenge because, as has been discussed many times here, the 1930’s saw a huge explosion of lost gold treasure & lost gold mine stories in print circulation.

Last edited:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I daydream about moving out West and exploring the countryside and the reason I love this website is you guys sharing stories, photos, and your thoughts sates the spirit, so to speak. Thanks :)

Anyways, I got Randy’s latest Exanimo Presents book which seems to contain the most info about this “LUE”. I think he makes it clear, reading between the lines, that its located in the North of Santa Fe -> Southern Colorado border region and he also wrote that the 1930’s saw the largest rush of LUE treasure hunters looking in Segundo, Weston, and Trinidad.

Digging through local newspapers of that era is a challenge because, as has been discussed many times here, the 1930’s saw a huge explosion of lost gold treasure & lost gold mine stories in print circulation.

IMG_4799.JPG Come out West young man.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to go west

OP
OP
H

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't hover. Not the choppers I have taken. We had one sound the alarm so we had to go way lower, drop my partner and his gear then drop me up high. The chopper then went down and picked him back up and brought him up. I don't trust them. One we took sounded like it would fall apart at any minute. I think that's why I feel older than my years. I have been scared SH#@$less a few times. Not to mention the hike out. Like I have said before, Google Earth is a valuable tool but it will get you dead in serious situations. Giant boulders and steep ravines don't quite show up as well on GE as when you are staring there in awe.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't hover. Not the choppers I have taken. We had one sound the alarm so we had to go way lower, drop my partner and his gear then drop me up high. The chopper then went down and picked him back up and brought him up. I don't trust them. One we took sounded like it would fall apart at any minute. I think that's why I feel older than my years. I have been scared SH#@$less a few times. Not to mention the hike out. Like I have said before, Google Earth is a valuable tool but it will get you dead in serious situations. Giant boulders and steep ravines don't quite show up as well on GE as when you are staring there in awe.

Lol sounds like a good day treasure hunting gets hot out there in the desert to.

OP
OP
H

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. It was too warm for the chopper at that higher elevation. That buzzer went off as we were landing, the pilot started cussing and I started crapping! We dipped forward and took off down the mountains then banked for lower ground. I don't know how I know that since my eyes were shut.

OP
OP
H

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of plane wrecks out there. Flying over them in a rattle trap chopper with not enough room to take a deep breath is quite unsettling, to put it mildly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread