Can anyone point me to the location of Ron Quinn's "Big Find" site?

Answers

May 1, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I bought Ron Quinn's book last year and it quickly became one of my favorite treasure tale books. I'd like to visit the site of his "Big Find" listed in the book, the one with the Mayan numbers.

Does anyone know where it it? I can figure vaguely where it is but I'm sure someone knows exactly how to find it. If anyone has directions or GPS coordinates please post or message me.

After reading the story I also noticed that the translation of the Mayan numbers that Quinn and party was using was technically incorrect.

While the individual numbers matched the symbols, the entire number was actually a different number because of the positions of the symbols. Like in our number system, the '1' in 1XX means 100, not 'one.'

Quinn and Co. backwards-engineered it to find their distance, and it seemed to work, but I think whoever buried the gold there used the symbols as a double-entendre to indicate other things.

The actual numerical meaning of the symbols at Quinn's site is the number 2395. This can be shown here by clicking on this link, typing '2395' into the box, and clicking "Translate this :

Numbers can be translated into Mayan Glyphs using our Unique, Free On line Translator

I messaged gollum about this site, which he said was Jesuit, and he mentioned that there had been another find here after Quinn's find, and that the items in that later find were clearly dated 1695.

This leads me to believe that, even if the formula Quinn used was correct to show the distances they used, the actual literal numeric value of the symbol was perhaps used to indicate the date, and that the number indicates the items were buried 02/03/1695, or 2395. Just a guess.

Anyway if anyone can point me to that site so I can go take a look at it I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, Answers

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I bought Ron Quinn's book last year and it quickly became one of my favorite treasure tale books. I'd like to visit the site of his "Big Find" listed in the book, the one with the Mayan numbers.

Does anyone know where it it? I can figure vaguely where it is but I'm sure someone knows exactly how to find it. If anyone has directions or GPS coordinates please post or message me.

After reading the story I also noticed that the translation of the Mayan numbers that Quinn and party was using was technically incorrect.

While the individual numbers matched the symbols, the entire number was actually a different number because of the positions of the symbols. Like in our number system, the '1' in 1XX means 100, not 'one.'

Quinn and Co. backwards-engineered it to find their distance, and it seemed to work, but I think whoever buried the gold there used the symbols as a double-entendre to indicate other things.

The actual numerical meaning of the symbols at Quinn's site is the number 2395. This can be shown here by clicking on this link, typing '2395' into the box, and clicking "Translate this :

Numbers can be translated into Mayan Glyphs using our Unique, Free On line Translator

I messaged gollum about this site, which he said was Jesuit, and he mentioned that there had been another find here after Quinn's find, and that the items in that later find were clearly dated 1695.

This leads me to believe that, even if the formula Quinn used was correct to show the distances they used, the actual literal numeric value of the symbol was perhaps used to indicate the date, and that the number indicates the items were buried 02/03/1695, or 2395. Just a guess.

Anyway if anyone can point me to that site so I can go take a look at it I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, Answers

The 1028 silver bars that Chuck Kenworthy got were from "NEAR" Ron's Site. Not from the same site. We believe they are related though, as both are Jesuit in origin, Rons Ingots are all gold, and Kenworthy's Ingots are all silver.

Mike

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

Thanks, Answers
I know exactly where he took several of his pictures… pm me we can talk more details. His book, treasure magazine articles, and conversations he has with people differ. Truth among tale tales. I have info no one else has.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread