crback.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 535

christingill

Greenie
May 24, 2012
US
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Found this on the beach at the waters edge in NJ - does anyone know what era this type of craftsmanship could be from? Or where I could find information? It appears to be copper mounting with no marks, overall size is about 1.5 inches. I find it intriguing & would love to know the possible history.

Happy Findings

This is such a very nice and antique pendant. Collection of antique items and jewellery is my hobby. I really love this types of collection like antique coins, jewellery, different country currency etc.

Rayweddel

Tenderfoot
Jun 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been seen miracle this time to see this type of beautiful pendant. I like its posture and style of inbuilt diamonds in this pendant. It looks so stunning and every one likes this jewelery.

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
bezel and attachments appear to be souldered not wirewrapped but the prongs do not seem to be holding stone in place. Maybe glued to bezel. Stone's back seems to have been cut to fit bezel but un polished. Need to test hardness to make guess what the stone is.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stone looks like it could be "Butterscotch" amber, perhaps damaged by salt water (pitting). Just a guess on my part. Lovely piece.

OP
OP
Seaglasser

Seaglasser

Tenderfoot
Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldinmypan - You can see the glue on the back close to the bezel edges, some very good glue! Where/how would I be able to test the hardness?

OP
OP
Seaglasser

Seaglasser

Tenderfoot
Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks AC1955 - The front does look like it was pitted by the salt water & or possible sand too. Where can "Butterscotch" amber be found?

OP
OP
Seaglasser

Seaglasser

Tenderfoot
Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks christingill ~ what a great hobby ~ have you seen anything like this before, if so what are your thoughts as to the origin?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread