Value of Atocha Coin Jewelry

AtochaFan

Dec 9, 2011
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
First off, what is it worth?

Mom bought an Atocha silver 8 reales coin mounted in a gold bezel complete with an Atocha emerald. It was graded as one, the highest grade and it does look beautiful. She said that now is the time to sell. I have the "Certification of Authenticity" and the "Appraisal Certificate," both dated November 3, 1996. The coin is in Mel Fisher's artifact database - Coin number 95A-2099 - and the database information matches the paperwork.

Second: With all the scams you hear about on the internet, how in the world do you convince someone to buy a item? Nope, I do not have years of experience and integrity to back up my claims. So, who do I go to?

Photos:
20111205-01%20%28Medium%29.jpg
20111205-06%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Atocha Shipwreck
Certification of Authenticity
Denomination: 8 Reales
Reign: Philip III
Mint: Potosi
Assayer: T 1618-21
Weight: 25.90 grams
Grade: One (1)

California Girl

Dec 19, 2011
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, White's Mxt Pro & GMT, Gold Master ll.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: Beautiful. Ebay might be a good spot to try or just hold on to it. Wow. Happy New Year!!! :icon_sunny:

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Certification of Authenticity.... is key there ... i once owned a drycleaners , and the guy who found that treasure were doing a show at a jewlery store near my store , so when one of those guys came in who needed his pants cleaned left a coin from the ship wreck in his pocket , so at the end of the day i was cleaning out the drycleaning machine out i found the coin . i knew where it came from , so when i went next door to find that guy , he was very happy , but told me the coin was realy worthless with out the paper work on it .

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would sell everythng else I own rather then sell that, it certainly is one absolutely beautiful piece of history.. but I dont know your situation, so if you have to sell it..dont sell it cheap.. stunning coin, a beauty in my book.

OP
OP
A

AtochaFan

Dec 9, 2011
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bootybay said:
I think I would sell everythng else I own rather then sell that, it certainly is one absolutely beautiful piece of history.. but I dont know your situation, so if you have to sell it..dont sell it cheap.. stunning coin, a beauty in my book.
Thanks. It is gorgeous, isn't it? I keep looking on eBay, and comparing them to Mom's coin. Some of them are, well, let's just say that Mom's coin is by far the best looking one compared to those.

christingill

Greenie
May 24, 2012
US
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atocha Coin Jewelry is the most precious Jewelery for Every one. It is to be denoted as a important ornaments for every human especially Womens. It is very valuable thing for every people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread