Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    632 times
    Coin Roll Hunting

Gold Pendant

I found a pendant inside a coin counter that is marked .925 and 14K. It has small 14K ornaments on the silver. It is slightly larger than the quarter, but the same thickness. However, I don't hear a silver sound. Is this normal because of the gold?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2010461.JPG 
Views:	567 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	61093   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2010462.JPG 
Views:	615 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	61094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2010461.JPG 
Views:	562 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	605815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2010462.JPG 
Views:	617 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	605816  
    1/100 of an American dollar is a cent. It is NOT a penny. The word penny is used by several other countries, such as Great Britain, to denote their smallest denomination. In order to be numismatically correct, you must use the term cent to describe the American coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund Burke
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    1881 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nice finds. Thank you for sharing. Hamid

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    632 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    This find brought me luck yesterday. I am now the Maryland champ of geography.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    2463 times
    Nice good luck pendant. The shape of the object could be the cause of it not "sounding" like silver. Coins have that distinctive and familiar sound which is enhanced by their rounded disc shape. Is that a Rhinocerous depicted on it?
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    632 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    Nice good luck pendant. The shape of the object could be the cause of it not "sounding" like silver. Coins have that distinctive and familiar sound which is enhanced by their rounded disc shape. Is that a Rhinocerous depicted on it?
    Thank you about telling me about the sound. I am not sure what it is, but I have seen it on other good luck pendants, too.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    2463 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sagittarius98 View Post
    Thank you about telling me about the sound. I am not sure what it is, but I have seen it on other good luck pendants, too.
    It's probably an elephant, which is a common good luck sign, it just looked a little funny. I have seen a few variations of this pendant with different symbols in the clover leaves. Since yours has a heart with an arrow through it depicted on one leaf, I believe it is supposed to bring you luck in your love life.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    2136 times
    Someone was playing games as 14K=57% gold and .925 is good silver purity and never both. In my long life I never heard of a pendent in a coin counter and somebody sure screwed up,great find. Take to a jeweler/hock shop and find out real composition be it silver or gold,as definately something fishy-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    2463 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John View Post
    Someone was playing games as 14K=57% gold and .925 is good silver purity and never both. In my long life I never heard of a pendent in a coin counter and somebody sure screwed up,great find. Take to a jeweler/hock shop and find out real composition be it silver or gold,as definately something fishy-tons a au 2 u 2 -John
    I have seen many items that are silver with gold inlays or vice versa. It is not so uncommon. The fob is silver, the symbols depicted on each leaf and in the center are 14k. Granted, they could be very thin accoutrements but gold nonetheless.

May 2012
    Gold is beautiful and very costly metal. I like this beautiful and fashionable leaf gold pendant. Its suites in all type of dresses. As well as I have this type of mix silver and gold metal pendent in different shape.

Sponsors