Is this necklace worth anything?

Pkmn

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in a box i got from an auction awhile back was wondering what it is and if it is worth anything. IMG_2464.jpg IMG_2466.jpg
Sorry about the crappy quality im in need of a new camera my good one broke recently. But it has the letters H F C on the triangle in the middle.

on.off

Aug 1, 2014
new york city
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i believe the insignia is for a women's branch of the moose lodge. this type of pendant--rectangular or oval with an ornate stamped filigree frame supporting some kind of insert--was popular from around the 20s up through the 40s and made in all materials from platinum down to base metal. this looks like a 30s costume jewelry example with mother of pearl and probably gold filled. the most valuable ones, as far as the costume jewelry type goes, are sterling with frosted glass inserts. the GF ones are worth less, and ones with organizational/fraternal insignia are worth less than ones that simply have a decorative motif because they have less of a wearability/fashion factor.

see ebay listing Antique Notre Dame University Ladies Pendant w Filigree on Mother of Pearl | eBay for a similar example

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread