What to do with old jewelry?

ovinovin7

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so i have this box of my grandmothers old jewelry just sitting in a box and i dont want it really because i wont wear it and i dont want to get rid of it because she died a few years back and i just dont want to get rid of it
i was thinkign i could do something creative with it but idk what to do
so anyone got any creative idead please share

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You find a jeweler who melts gold into new jewelry, and have them make you something you will wear.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I missed one of your posts somewhere, but I see the CM emblem up by your name now, congrats and welcome to the club. fwiw. :laughing7:
I have a bunch of stuff I could sell too, but I hesitated putting it here on t-net, well, I guess because, these guys can find all they want, lol, they know gold prices, lol, are the best of the low-ballers on the planet, lol, I figured it would be like preaching to the choir, or trying to sell ice to an Eskimo. :laughing7:
But, I'm not so sure now...... :icon_scratch: We all like nice things.

The idea to turn it in to you a piece of jewelry is cool. A friends has fan pull chains made of gold bracelets, lol. They're so tarnished from hanging for yrs, no one would think they were anything but brass, lol.
I sell some things on the etsy site, there's a link to my little store in my sig. yes yes, i'm sorry, shameless self promotion hangs head
Most of the jewelry I have there now is friends stuff(needing funds for med bills, actually). You could do something like that too.

Some of our members have stores there, thought I'd mention it, if it might help you out, give you some ideas.
Anywhooooo, good luck and call on us if you need us.
peace/blessings

eta: ok wait, no CM emblem? My computer has been wonky on this site last few days, somebodies selling jewelry, or something, somewhere, who was I stalking? lol.
great, am I confused? lol

weddingbands

Apr 13, 2016
Minnesota,USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keeping the old jewelry of your grandmother with you is really a good idea. There are many options to give the unique look to the old jewelry like Plating of your likable metal on it, Changing the design and color etc. but for that you have to visit some qualified jeweler. All the best.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread