Old Gold Ring with Pink Stone? Imitation?

angeldf

Greenie
Nov 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi

Somebody can tell for the picture what can be the stone in the ring?, imitation stone, real? Look very pink..

Italian 750 old gold ring that much I can read. Maybe is from the 60's.

I guess is hard to know what stone is from pictures, anyways. Any info will be good

Thanks you

_ADF9920.JPG

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be rubellite which is pink tourmaline. Nobody in the world can truly ID it from a photo, you'll need to take it to a certified gemologist to be 100% sure of it's identity. 750 is 18 KT so it is a pretty good ring, but the stone could also be synthetic ruby which is why you need to take it in person to a gemologist.

fransherrell

Dec 20, 2016
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Difficult to say anything by looking at the picture. (deleted by mod as spam)

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for deleting the spam from this guy. I was gonna' report it but I see you've already figured it out....

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be rubellite which is pink tourmaline. Nobody in the world can truly ID it from a photo, you'll need to take it to a certified gemologist to be 100% sure of it's identity. 750 is 18 KT so it is a pretty good ring, but the stone could also be synthetic ruby which is why you need to take it in person to a gemologist.

I totally agree with gunsil. I have one with a rubellite that looks just like it. Look in the stone to see if you can see any inclusions in it. That is a very good way to tell if the stone is real. Also usually in a ring of that carat and quality the stone would be real. I believe the ring is actually from the 1930's - 1940's due to the design on the band and not the 1960's. It is a gorgeous ring. If you take it for an appraisal, be sure that you or someone else really knows the jeweler! If you are told the stone is fake and especially if you are given an offer to buy it from you, wait and get a second opinion!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread