Antique Cameo 18K Italian Gold - Who is the lady Of the Picture?

angeldf

Greenie
Nov 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi

This is a Italian cameo pendant. 18K Italian gold. Weight 18Grs, but without the glass may be 12grs or so.

Somebody Knows who is the lady in the picture? I think is a French or Italian famous person, but I want to know the name.

This type of pendants have any collection value? for the design or just the gold value?

There is not any mark on the jewelry piece.

Thank you and have a nice day!

IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_5168.JPG

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First thought is, Marie Antoinette, but can't be certain. No idea on value, hopefully others will chime in.
Cool find and thanks for sharing.

Metro Retro

Apr 8, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just about the say the same, lol -- likely Marie Antoinette (or Madame Du Barry maybe?).

It's beautiful!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Test the gold and if your lucky it may be gold. I find lots of Italian Gold, it normally is not gold, just plated.

S

stefen

Generally a cameo is a carved figure using multilayer stone or shell, and usually with a silver or gold bezel.

What you have is a picture within a mini- picture frame.

There is no comparison between the two types, therefore not able to place a value.

Breezie, a TN member should be able to provide some insight into antique jewelry of this type.

OP
OP
A

angeldf

Greenie
Nov 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi

Thanks You for your replies. I don't think the lady is Marie Antoinette. Somebody else have another name?

I already test the gold and they told me is 18k, 750 gold. They even said that the gold came only from one mine in Italy in a determinate region. It's a nice color.

I hope Breezie see this post and tell me if have any collection value.

Thank you guys! Have a nice day!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi

Thanks You for your replies. I don't think the lady is Marie Antoinette. Somebody else have another name?

I already test the gold and they told me is 18k, 750 gold. They even said that the gold came only from one mine in Italy in a determinate region. It's a nice color.

I hope Breezie see this post and tell me if have any collection value.

Thank you guys! Have a nice day!

What sort of test did you have done, and what mine did it come from?

fransherrell

Dec 20, 2016
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure, but the piece seems to be a very good one. If you are a fan of cameo jewelry then you must get in touch with any of the online companies. They specialize in jewelry and surely can help you with your request of cameo jewelry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread