New 2017 FTC Guidelines giving percentages for metals alloyed for Jewelry ?

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings ! :hello:

Question:
Where can I find the new 2017 FTC Guidelines giving percentages for metals alloyed for Jewelry ?

It was mentioned somewhere on Wikipedia (Unfortunately I did not save the page.:BangHead: and cannot find it again after extensive searching.) that the FTC would be releasing new 2017 Rules (or maybe it was just Guidelines) for the percentages of secondary metallic elements alloyed with precious metals for the manufacture of Jewelry to improve such things as overall strength and durability, color, allergy elimination or reduction and other reasons.

My Little Rant:
In my experience, researching technical scientific subjects and using search engines and various forms of text in an Internet search window is fruitless and many of the Links retrieved have absolutely nothing to do with my subject ! When I do retrieve a link that seems relative to my subject the information is often way too comprehensive and complex ! We can land people on the Moon and send robots to photograph planets, but can't seem to create computer program algorithms for the Internet that can analyze what the core of a question is and give a direct answer !

Can anyone help me find the answer to my opening question ?

Thanks much,

ToddB64

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread