Tutti Frutti ring

Frenzie

Jun 20, 2018
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't find anything even remotely similar to this on the internet....i'm interested in knowing the year and the value. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

IMG_20180620_123835.jpg

IMG_20180620_123810.jpg

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Frenzie! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia :hello:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Looks to be made out of pot metal, not silver or anything good, and very very modern.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

I believe it is a modern ring, but still an interesting piece!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vool find some collectors love that stuff

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would guess it's made by some obscure (prob.) Chinese company trying to capitalize on a name by using Tutti Frutti which was also a popular Art Deco jewelry style. I agree, it looks like either pewter or pot metal/white metal. Age less than 20 years. Here is a similar made material tutti frutti signed shoe pendant necklace- https://poshmark.com/listing/Necklace-tutti-frutti-59542c8136d594934f001a5a
This is all tutti frutti signed costume stuff.
https://poshmark.com/brand/Tutti Frutti
Was thinking (pretty sure)more scarf slide. Don't poo poo costume pieces like that!!! Some of the stuff I've got looks like it came out of a gumball machine, but are worth over $75 - $100 Anyone finding or collecting costume jewelry I would suggest acquiring Collecting Costume Jewelry 202 by Julia C. Carroll. Covers 1935 up to 1980. I would suggest this as the bare minimum for swap meet & yard salers.

After you get the book, go buy a box of Kleenex for when you realize how much you passed over at GW & yard sales thinking that box was full of junk.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice bling.:icon_thumright:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was thinking (pretty sure)more scarf slide. Don't poo poo costume pieces like that!!! Some of the stuff I've got looks like it came out of a gumball machine, but are worth over $75 - $100 Anyone finding or collecting costume jewelry I would suggest acquiring Collecting Costume Jewelry 202 by Julia C. Carroll. Covers 1935 up to 1980. I would suggest this as the bare minimum for swap meet & yard salers.

After you get the book, go buy a box of Kleenex for when you realize how much you passed over at GW & yard sales thinking that box was full of junk.
I didn't po-po anything and I don't need kleenex.. I provided links to other pieces of costume made by the same company. All of which are cheap, modern and not really collectible. I know all about costume jewelry. I've been collecting it for years now. I can show you pictures if you'd like.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't po-po anything and I don't need kleenex.. I provided links to other pieces of costume made by the same company. All of which are cheap, modern and not really collectible. I know all about costume jewelry. I've been collecting it for years now. I can show you pictures if you'd like.
Whoah there partner! A little too much Red Bull? The comment refers to most people poo pooing costume as junk & throw it back. Most people don't realize a lot of costume will bring more profit than the gold & silver plate pieces. And end up feeling bummed when they find they missed a seventy dollar piece. Don't need to see pretty pictures. I too have piles, yes piles of pieces a lot in 5 gallon buckets. Right now I think I've got 11 plastic shoe boxes of just Trifari stuff, one & a third buckets of just Avon. Last time I had my fraternity pins appraised my book was at $3,000 +/- / Ever see the first Girl Guides pins? Had two sold one kept one. Used to buy from a friend who did clean outs by the box (s). What does that prove? Nada! Just lucky & knowledgeable. As for the book reference, was hoping to give the guy a good hint to start his reference library without forking over major money for useless books.. As far as your not really collectible remark, a lot is collectible & a lot is profitable there's a difference. So how about we just lay off the red bull a little & call it good? Take care and I hope you find tons more! :hello:

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoah there partner! A little too much Red Bull? The comment refers to most people poo pooing costume as junk & throw it back. Most people don't realize a lot of costume will bring more profit than the gold & silver plate pieces. And end up feeling bummed when they find they missed a seventy dollar piece. Don't need to see pretty pictures. I too have piles, yes piles of pieces a lot in 5 gallon buckets. Right now I think I've got 11 plastic shoe boxes of just Trifari stuff, one & a third buckets of just Avon. Last time I had my fraternity pins appraised my book was at $3,000 +/- / Ever see the first Girl Guides pins? Had two sold one kept one. Used to buy from a friend who did clean outs by the box (s). What does that prove? Nada! Just lucky & knowledgeable. As for the book reference, was hoping to give the guy a good hint to start his reference library without forking over major money for useless books.. As far as your not really collectible remark, a lot is collectible & a lot is profitable there's a difference. So how about we just lay off the red bull a little & call it good? Take care and I hope you find tons more! :hello:
I don't drink Red Bull. Maybe next time you shouldn't quote me when you are making general comments. Maybe then I won't take it personally next time. Points to ponder. :whip2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread