Questions About Ring

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this ring awhile back and just ran across it again while looking for something else.

I'd like opinions from the knowledgeable antique/vintage jewelry folks here if possible.

The stamping on it says: 1/25 (the 1 is over the 25 in fraction form) 12k GF then what looks like a worn, tilted to the right, vertical outline of a rectangle with a worn letter or symbol inside of the rectangle.

The stones are what I can only describe as 'smoke' in color... the center stone is larger than the side stones and the side stones are the same in size.

I found it in an area where many men wore/wear pinky rings and it seems too small for an average size man's ring finger... So I'm assuming it's a pinky ring..

What I'd like to know is opinions on age of it?
The era where fractions were used most in stamping?
Is GF the same or similar to GP? There is no flaking or wear on the ring except for the normal wear inside the ring.
And any educated guesses of what these stones could be?

Thank You Very Much!
Kace

IMG_2122.PNG

IMG_2127.PNG

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Your pic is a little dark but from what I can tell it's nice. Congrats

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably from the 60's-70's. Are you sure it says 1/25? The reason I ask is because legally it is supposed to be at least 1/20 or 5% gold by weight to be considered gold filled. 1/25 is usually considered RGP or rolled gold plate. That is a stamp mark usually reserved for eyeglasses. Gold filled is much thicker than gold plated. Here is a gold filled scrap calculator- goldnscrap goldnscrap.com 2015
The stones, though very hard to see (bad pic) could be a smoky quartz or topaz I would guess?

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably from the 60's-70's. Are you sure it says 1/25? The reason I ask is because legally it is supposed to be at least 1/20 or 5% gold by weight to be considered gold filled. 1/25 is usually considered RGP or rolled gold plate. That is a stamp mark usually reserved for eyeglasses. Gold filled is much thicker than gold plated. Here is a gold filled scrap calculator- goldnscrap goldnscrap.com 2015
The stones, though very hard to see (bad pic) could be a smoky quartz or topaz I would guess?

Thanks.. I'll try and get a pic of it in better light.

It could very well be 1/20 instead of 1/25... I'll see if I can't magnify it some and post that with a better photo. I can't find my loupe.

There were a couple other things where I found this that were from the '30's which is what made me wonder if it was from that era.

Thanks for the link and help.
Kace

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks.. I'll try and get a pic of it in better light.

It could very well be 1/20 instead of 1/25... I'll see if I can't magnify it some and post that with a better photo. I can't find my loupe.

There were a couple other things where I found this that were from the '30's which is what made me wonder if it was from that era.

Thanks for the link and help.
Kace
It could be older than I mentioned. It has that look actually. Those marks have been used for years

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a heart stopper

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread